Post Of The Year 2011 Nominations

tiger_rick

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This is good:-

Lance Storm was offended (PERSONALLY OFFENDED!) at the New York fans. He said they were just trying to be part of the show and get themselves over. Storm also questioned if Ryder is actually over with the fans or whether its just a little fad that the fans dont take seriously and have no emotional investment in him.

That's so fucking typical of Storm, isn't it? Lance's name is right underneath Cornette's in the "ROH is the future of professional wrestling" register, ROH being the birthplace of "Please don't stop," "thank you all" and other such chants designed to get themselves over as "look how smart we are." Storm's a massive hypocrite and the MSG crowd contributed to one of the hottest crowds of the PPV calendar up there with Chicago - two long standing WWF strongholds where the hardcore fanbase still endure. The same hardcore fanbase that trekked to the One Night Stand events at the Hammerstein, like Vlad and Faith No More guy, who like old WWF, who liked a bit of ECW, and who Storm's beloved ROH try and capture a bit of when they run the Mahattan Centre. So to recap, these fans are great when they come out and support your favourites, but retards when they make the atmos great for a PPV by the evil 'E. Fuck off Lance.

As for Ryder, what if it is a "fad"? Ninja Turtles was a fad too, but if you questioned my "emotional investment" in Leo, Splinter and the lads, I'd have thrown my crayons at you. As smart to "the business" as Lance thinks he is, you'd have thought that if there is a trick to turning those loud reactions to Ryder into dollars in the coffers, WWE should do everything they can to exploit it. He's basically saying you don't deserve a push just for being popular, turns out you might be the wrong kind of popular. I know it's not the same scale, but I'm sure that after decades of Sammartino, Morales and Backlund, there were quite a few industry insiders that thought Hulkamania might have been a "fad" at first that fans would grow out of, and eventually things would return to a more stoic/serious/less cartoon-like babyface figurehead. A "fad" can go as far as you want it to if you get your timing right and make hay while the sunshine. I've still got my Turtles lunchbox.

Lance is a bitter little twerp.

Context HERE.

At the end of the day, if the UFC cut Brock, then he could work return to WWE, or work anywhere else. Silly question really.

Why would WWE take him back though? Wouldn't it be like sloppy seconds, if UFC cut him?

Liked it, for sheer topicality.

Really? You honestly think this might just be the 'Post of the Year' and should be nominated as such? A reasonable assessment of how the WWE may view negotiations with Brock Lesnar?

Have a word son.

• Paid Members
I'll second Air Raid's Lance Storm assault. It felt as cathartic to read as I imgaine it did to type. Fuck Lance Storm.

That's definitely the word.

I know, and I just don't see why.

If you click my link to "CONTEXT" you'll see Khemical likening TNA taking on OVW as a developmental territory to having a bit of WWE's "sloppy seconds." I found this ridiculous. Ian using the phrase "sloppy seconds" back at Khemical the same day re: Lesnar, I found witty and amusing and it gave me a semi, so I nominated it.

Archived