RIP Susannah York

patiirc

Suzannah York has died at the age of 72 from Cancer as confirmed here

Utterly stunning in her prime and mighty good in films like Battle of Britain, They Shoot Horses and Tom Jones is also Superman's Mother in the Christopher Reeve films.

The Subtitle for the topic is a quote from the film Battle of Britain

RIP

• Paid Members
patdfb, when you saw this story, what made you think "this will appeal to the UKFF".

We don't need a RSS feed of deaths.

Yes. Susannah York was a fine actress but there doesn't need to be a thread for everyone that carks it, especially people that the majority wouldn't have heard of.

Serious question. Are you a member of a site that is all about dead celebritys?

Ish. there is one but they are too slow with things

No mention of Nat Lofthouse?

His passing is mentioned in the Prem football thread, I didnt think was a good idea to start another thread, when it had already been mentioned

patdfb, when you saw this story, what made you think "this will appeal to the UKFF".

We don't need a RSS feed of deaths.

Well, the main things that thought this may appeal was the 2x 250 (approx) page Film and DVD thread's and Loki and Gladstone's Film Club thread, both suggest that there are a number of film fans on the board. As she was a famous British film actress I thought it would be appropriate. Clearly not, according to your good self

I can appreciate that the board isnt an 'RSS feed of death' site, I've only posted about 4 celeb deaths thread since the end of September (York, MacCorkingdale, Wisdom, Rayner) and the admittedly very ill judged Joanna Yeates thread, which is hardly prolific (though might be considered stupid on my part) in the grand scheme of things. I know you are giving us a friendly nudge here and the advice is duly noted (perhaps with hindsight should have put it in a post in either the aforementioned DVD and Film Thread/ The News Thread/ or Loki and Gladstone's thread thus avoiding 'clutter')It appears I have this 'aura of death' which is overblown by some on here. I didnt for example post the RIP's for Gerry Rafferty, 'HMV' :rolleyes: , Bastion Booger, Pete Postlethwaite, Nat Lofthouse and so on. Yet I'am some 'Harbinger of Death'? Heck, I don't even run the On Topic Dead Pool. For some one who is supposedly obsessed by 'Dead Celebrities' I'm not posting a heck of a lot about them on here

• Paid Members

Patdfb you highlight these four names (York, MacCorkingdale, Wisdom, Rayner) I can honestly say i have never heard of any of these people. Maybe its just me being stupid but i dont know any of them.

Can we not just have one thread for dead people that no one has ever heard of so people can post about deaths in there that nobody cares about. Then when someone who is actually famous dies they could have there own thread.

Just seen a picture of York not sure when it was taken but she looks like a proper carpet muncher.

I can appreciate that the board isnt an 'RSS feed of death' site, I've only posted about 4 celeb deaths thread since the end of September (York, MacCorkingdale, Wisdom, Rayner)

Bosley, Kershner...

I didnt for example post the RIP's for Gerry Rafferty, 'HMV' rolleyes.gif , Bastion Booger, Pete Postlethwaite, Nat Lofthouse and so on.

But you did do one for 'Pontins' :rolleyes:

Archived