Sky Atlantic - New channel starting in February

Zebra Kid Mark

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Atalantic has fast become the best channel on Sky, with Boardwalk Empire being the jewel in the crown.

Having said that, Game Of Thrones has been the highest rating show on the channel so far. I watched it, but after an anti-climactic ending, and not having much else happen throughout the series (constant talk of a war that never came) won't be watching it when it returns

• Paid Members
Sky Atalantic has fast become the best channel on Sky, with Boardwalk Empire being the jewel in the crown.

Having said that, Game Of Thrones has been the highest rating show on the channel so far. I watched it, but after an anti-climactic ending, and not having much else happen throughout the series (constant talk of a war that never came) won't be watching it when it returns

What?? Anti-climatic?! :omg:

Spoilers just in case:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

FUCKING DRAGONS!!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

In all seriousness though as much as I liked Boardwalk Empire, I thought Game of Thrones was the best thing I've seen on tv since The Sopranos. Can't wait to see 2nd series of both shows on Sky Atlantic.

Can't remember if this was first shown on Atlantic, or Sky One but.

Andy Whitfield who played Spartacus in the Blood and Sand series passed away after his battle with non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.

i think this was mentioned in one of the other threads.

Wasn't it on Bravo first? Then went to Sky One once Bravo ceased

Have any of you been watching the Borgias? I am really enjoying it, something about sleezy religion that I just love. Fascinated by the story of it all too.

Yeah, actually didn't think it would be any good, but very surprised how much I like it.

Mad Men was another show I thought I wouldn't enjoy, but ended up loving it, the very very tiny bits of humour are so well done, for example the Sunday meeting where everyone is called in & Pete Campbell stands up revealing his little white Tennis shorts! Little things like that.

Yeah, actually didn't think it would be any good, but very surprised how much I like it.

Mad Men was another show I thought I wouldn't enjoy, but ended up loving it, the very very tiny bits of humour are so well done, for example the Sunday meeting where everyone is called in & Pete Campbell stands up revealing his little white Tennis shorts! Little things like that.

Pete Campbell and Trudy's dance has got to be one of the most funniest moments.

• Moderators
What?? Anti-climatic?! :omg:

Spoilers just in case:

FUCKING DRAGONS!!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

In all seriousness though as much as I liked Boardwalk Empire, I thought Game of Thrones was the best thing I've seen on tv since The Sopranos. Can't wait to see 2nd series of both shows on Sky Atlantic.

Shitty CGI dragons. Also, the ending would have had more impact if they hadn't thrown away a peek of her tits for free in the first episode. Would have had more impact. And Karl Drogo dying from a lame infected axe wound after delivering the best speech in the whole series upset me.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Don't get me wrong - I loved the series, but I didn't get why people thought the ending was all that.. I found it a little flat. The ending to the penultimate episode would have been an absolute killer way to end the series SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

no pun intended

• Paid Members
I just feel ill that the amazing Entourage is having its final episode tonight. This season has been amazing, yet only having 8 episodes has been crazy!

the last one!?!? noooooooooooooooooooooo! i thought we had at least 5 left. It's been a hell of a run.

• Paid Members

Shitty CGI dragons. Also, the ending would have had more impact if they hadn't thrown away a peek of her tits for free in the first episode. Would have had more impact. And Karl Drogo dying from a lame infected axe wound after delivering the best speech in the whole series upset me.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Don't get me wrong - I loved the series, but I didn't get why people thought the ending was all that.. I found it a little flat. The ending to the penultimate episode would have been an absolute killer way to end the series SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

no pun intended

I don't think they look shitty at all. I was actually suprised at how good they looked. And I don't think everyone was raving about the ending because they saw Dany's tits. The ending is good because it's the logical ending of how Dany starts off the season as a bargaining chip for her brother and the Dothraki but gradually gets stronger and more confident to the point that she is now a leader of her own army and she even has her own motherfuckin' dragons and others in the show had at that point mentioned how unbelievably deadly the dragons were. Drogo dying was a necessary twist because it gave Dany the power and opportunity to go out on her own. So now in season 2 while the Starks and Lannisters are killing eachother Dany will be an even bigger threat coming that neither of them are prepared for.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

And complaining that the war never came isn't really fair. While Game Of Thrones has some of the best production values in television history you can't expect Braveheart-esque battle scenes. And frankly, in the books the battle scenes are pretty much completely glossed over.

I do like looking at a good pair of tits on tv. I'm constantly in awe of the clever way men come up with in scripts to persuade beautiful women to expose their breasts to the general public. In recent years, tv writers have really upped the ante by persuading proper actresses to paw each others' tits in lesbo-erotic scenes. We really are much cleverer than women.

Archived