Sky Atlantic - New channel starting in February

Zebra Kid Mark

Mad Men won't come back at all IMO. The main actors will end up becoming film stars and not return, and you can't do the series without Jon Hamm, January Jones and the bird that plays Peggy.

Matthew Weiner and Jon Hamm have both signed up for the last 3 seasons. Season 5 due to air in March next year. I'm sure the rest of the cast will sign up, and if a few don't, AMC will be happy because they're looking to cut costs. I'd also dispute the idea that you couldn't do the show without January Jones.

Edit: Ah beaten to it.

agree i would quite happily get rid of january jones

as long as nothing happens to christina hendricks :love:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i couldnt get into mad men - 2 episodes and i was done. although since half the cast ended up in LA Noire i might give it another go.

As for Sky Atlantic as a whole - ive barely watched a thing - so much hype, but they havent shown any HD Curb yet, and the only stuff ive regularly watched is Funny Or Die and Bored To Death. Which is what almost happened when i watched that Sean Bean guff the other week, 30 mins and i gave up.

Not seen any Boardwalk though or Carnivale - or Six Feet Under or Sopranos so i guess i should check it out more.

i couldnt get into mad men - 2 episodes and i was done. although since half the cast ended up in LA Noire i might give it another go.

As for Sky Atlantic as a whole - ive barely watched a thing - so much hype, but they havent shown any HD Curb yet, and the only stuff ive regularly watched is Funny Or Die and Bored To Death. Which is what almost happened when i watched that Sean Bean guff the other week, 30 mins and i gave up.

Not seen any Boardwalk though or Carnivale - or Six Feet Under or Sopranos so i guess i should check it out more.

You can't say that it was over hyped when you admit to not watching a thing, that's no ones fault but your own.

Glad to read all the Carnivale praise, can't wait to watch more of it but already fearing the day I watched all 24 episodes.

• 2 months later...
Have any of you been watching the Borgias? I am really enjoying it, something about sleezy religion that I just love. Fascinated by the story of it all too.

yeah Ive been watching it. Was apprihensive at first as its from the same people who made The Tudors, which was a clusterfuck of the highest order. But this so far has been really enjoyable, and love the work by Sean Harris as the assassin Micheletto. Fran

• Paid Members

Glad this thread has been bumped because now I can mention that I saw the advert for new Boardwalk Empire last night and nearly did a sex wee. Looks amazing.

Also don't know how I went so many years without seeing The Sopranos but I'm very happy I get this once a week without any breaks between series. It just gets better and better,

I'm sure it's been mentioned previously, but I can't get enough of Inside The Actors Studio. So much so, I've downloaded loads of episodes and I'm ploughing my way through them. Some are better than others, and I love finding out the little things that would never normally get mentioned such as Al Pacino's Grandpa was born in Corleone in Sicily. How cool is that!

Glad this thread has been bumped because now I can mention that I saw the advert for new Boardwalk Empire last night and nearly did a sex wee. Looks amazing.

Also don't know how I went so many years without seeing The Sopranos but I'm very happy I get this once a week without any breaks between series. It just gets better and better,

When is it starting? Loved the first series. :sneaky:

Archived