Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated the Morrision guardrail spot, it only highlights the flaws in the 'Rumble rulebook', as far as im concerned if you are on the floor or anything that isnt the ring itself (excluding people) or are not in contact with the ring then you are out, none of this "Only 1 foot" rubbish or "well the stairs dont count as the floor".

Riddle me this; if someone is thrown out and they land on thier back with feet in the air, roll over onto thier knees and walk up the stairs, is that person still counted as "In"?

Apart from the rant I loved this Rumble and cannot say ive ever been as emotionaly invested, I picked Santino in the predictions thread and I noticed that he rolled out and the commentators just happen to forget about him, I dared to dream the impossible and was shaking when the finish came, so gutted Santino didnt win but pleased with Del Rio and look forward to seeing how things shape up with him leading to mania.

Im predicting right now that it will NOT be Del Rio vs Edge at Mania, something will happen to prevent it.

Riddle me this; if someone is thrown out and they land on thier back with feet in the air, roll over onto thier knees and walk up the stairs, is that person still counted as "In"?

Yes. But it would be very unlikely considering the impact of landing on your back would probably cause your feet to hit the floor anyway.

Just saw the Morrison spot now on Youtube. Liked it, and the crowd certainly "got it".

I've said it before many times, but he's one of the most sensible and clear-thinking of his profession. Good luck to the man, and I for one will be tuning into WWE to see what happens with Diesel.

Where is his blog Ian?

• Paid Members
Cheers. You know what's amazing? Reading his tweet, that Diesel costume he wore is legit 15 years old. And it still fits.

No way? It looked a bit naff to me compared to the old days. That might be selective memory though, I suppose.

• Paid Members

Great read. I'm still in awe of his return. FIFTEEN years since he last used that theme, and still all 35,000 people in attendance popped like motherfuckers!.

Does anyone know if Scott Keith still has a site?. I'd love to read his Rumble review, only to see how he deals with D being so over, I bet he doesn't even mention it.

People have said Booker's pop was bigger, but I don't think it was. I just think about half the audience were too stunned to make any noise, as the whole fucking place was chanting straight afterwards.

Cleetus, this is Scooter's blog entry:

"Well, points for pushing someone new this year. But is Edge-Del Rio really a WM main event? There was way too much in the way of Orton-Cena meaningful staredowns, as well. I was only half-watching on the computer, but the title matches seemed OK."

That's it. His missus writes most of his blog entries nowadays. I hate Scott Keith.

• Paid Members

Booker's pop was definitely bigger. I put that down to his music, that first line has always been a very clever move. That "Diesel" chant was incredible though. It spread like wild fire. Even though I was sure Nash was coming out at some point, when I heard the theme music, it took me a while to realise.

Booker's pop was definitely bigger. I put that down to his music, that first line has always been a very clever move. That "Diesel" chant was incredible though. It spread like wild fire. Even though I was sure Nash was coming out at some point, when I heard the theme music, it took me a while to realise.

Same here! I was excited every time the countdown came, and was dissapointed everytime. Then Booker's music hit, and I was like "Hang on a miniute :confused:", and then it clicked, and I was screaming at the screen with a grin on my face. Same with Kevin Nash, I think I had convinced myself that neither were going to show up, espcially Nash, so there was like a 2 or 3 second delay before I was on the edge of my seat and the telly was turned up to near maximum.

• Paid Members

I got much more of a kick out of seeing Booker and Diesel because I didn't hear/see the spoilers of them arriving at the arena before the show. Absolutely tremendous. Booker actually looked brilliant and like he hadn't missed a step in terms of his look and how he was in the ring. Ok, it was pretty brief and he was just doing his signature stuff, but it was like he was plucked straight from the mid naughties and into a new era.

I love Nash, but with all due respect the thought of a prospective Nash vs Big Show match scares me, because it'll be slow as fuck. It'd be good for promos and the like though.

Archived