Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Paid Members
New Nash info. Looks like he might be sticking around after all:

- Kevin Nash appeared on ESPN Radio's Pro Wrestling Report, available at pwrshow.com, last night to talk about his return to WWE and more.

Nash noted that WWE flew him out of Daytona Beach, Florida so it would be easier on him. He said if TNA would have flown him out of the state, he would have to have driven from his home to Orlando, 90 miles, opposed to the few miles when traveling with WWE. Nash talked about how nice his accommodations were while staying in Boston.

The former World Champion noted that he signed paperwork and had a physical upon arriving to the arena. Nash said he spent about a half-hour with Triple H before shooting photos and video with WWE staff. He then met with Vince McMahon before hanging out with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, where he went over plans for the Rumble with Triple H.

Nash also noted that he talked with people from THQ, makers of SmackDown vs. RAW and All Stars, while he was at the Rumble.

Nash said that he is signed to a Legends contract and will meet with WWE officials on Wednesday of this week to talk about what's next. Under the Legends deal, Nash will likely be involved with things like action figures and DVD's.

Here it is if anyone wants a listen http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pwr/2011/02/0...espn-radio-live

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoroughly enjoyable show. I thought Edge vs Ziggler was particularly good, and far better than I was expecting, given how dull Edge has been for the last year. The Rumble match itself was, overall, engaging - nice sub-plots, stand-out performances (Punk and Morrison) and a fantastic cameo by Booker T. Regarding the Diesel apperance, though, I seem to be only one who thought it was a bit underwhelming. The pop for his entrance was brilliant and it was wonderful to see, but once he got into the ring, it kind of fell flat for me. It's like the crowd were just dying for something to pop huge for, like a big elimination or a jacknife powerbomb, but we didn't really get anything. They frantically chanted 'Let's go, Diesel', waiting for that big moment, but instead just got Diesel laying in the ropes and getting booted by Mysterio. I'm not saying that it wasn't great to see Diesel or a mark-out moment, but I just thought that, by comparison, Booker's appearance was a lot better.

The Morrison spot was pretty jaw dropping, it has to be said. But after he clung to the barrier, would it not have been a bit easier just to step down on one foot and hop back to the ring, rather than all the tightrope walking and huge longjump?

I thought that as well. Still fun though.

Loved the Rumble, definitely one of the best ever. Kept me hooked all the way through. The Cena/Hornswoggle stuff was probably the highlight for me, but the whole thing was entertaining. The jobbers were used really well, either as total cannon fodder or an entertaining diversion, or both.

The extra men really allowed time to build to Cena entering and facing Nexus. Although Nexus doing the one-at-a-time tactic with Booker and Khali seemed very contrived. Agreed with whoever said that certain people were eliminated with less fanfare than seemed warranted (Morrison, Ziggler, Sheamus, Kofi and others).

I wasn't too excited for the final three, but was really glad Del Rio won over Orton, just because it's someone different. Then the Santino reappearance was absolute magic! Was really pulling for him to do it. Hate that they're still trying to make out Orton/Cena is as interesting to everyone as Austin/Rock was.

The title matches were good, Edge vs Ziggler especially. Orton vs Miz has been done enough now, hopefully they'll leave it and switch to the new feuds that the Rumble has set up. The women's match was a lot better than they normally are too, although I'd rather have seen that big fat bird debut than non-entity Eve Torres appear and win.

Just watched the Royal Rumble this afternoon. Before the start of the show where they have all the legends and the glass breaking did I see a blond Sting running to the ring or was that just me? Could this mean a possible mega match with Sting and Undertaker for Mania that would be out of this world.

Best Rumble I've seen for many years, possibly since 1999 even (I missed a lot of 200x's though).

Great crowd, plenty of action, booked relatively well, put over new stars - huge improvement over last years. Favourite part was John Morrison's "parkour" and Punk and Daniel Bryan.

When I saw the last four guys in the ring I "knew" it was going to be Cena. Then when I saw Miz eliminate him I went crazy, anticipating a swerve. Thankfully that didn't happen!

Diesel looked absolutely... immense in the Rumble. Biggest pop of the night, huge chants, he looked a million dollars. I know he can't work a full schedule any more, but the odd match is surely on the cards.

I say this as a TNA fan, but they probably don't deserve the man.

I'm not sure if someone on the losing end of a title match should be rewarded with a Rumble spot... but then again if they're going to be giving spots to people like Hornswoggle and Tyson Kidd then why not?

Proof that having 40 men in the Rumble wasn't a good idea. If you'd scrapped the likes of Kidd, Tyler Wrex, Hornswoggle, Tatsu, JTG, Masters or any other jobbers in the match, and had a 30-man Rumble with two minute intervals, it could've been a much better match.

Hang on a minute Hornswoggle isn

• Paid Members

I didn't mind the Hornswoggle stuff at all. Actually, when his stuff with Cena was going on and those guys were the only two in the ring, I half expected Triple H to make a surprise return, beat on Cena for a bit, then staredown with Hornswoggle, only for Horny to reveal a DX shirt underneath his own and then turn on Cena. I'd have marked pretty hard.

"here comes Drew McIntyre, fastest entrance he's ever had in his life" Lol!

So watching the 2011 Royal Rumble again. Its actually a lot better watching it this time, my problems are still there, Nexus dominating everyone the Cena throws them out like a piece of piss. I'm still shocked some guys didn't get a longer showing. McIntyre lasted fuck all, same with Dolph. Miz on commentary was gold however. It was still a really good match, with lots of stories going on. Its hilarious that nobody cared about Kofi and Orton's staredowns with Cena.

Also it was really obvious that Cole was reading notes, give it a few seconds before the guy comes out. Literally a split- second of Zigglers music played and he was like "oh Dolph Ziggler can do this etc" give it a God damn second so we at least get the impression you didn't know he was coming in!

Archived