Lesser-Known films YOU like!

bAzTNM#1

1/ Wet Hot American Summer-piss take of workers at a summer camp, totally tomgue in cheek with a cast including Paul Rudd, Janeane Garofalo, Niles from Frasier, and Elizabeth Banks

2/ Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion-w/ Lisa Kudrow and Mira Sorvino in the leading roles-again a tongue in cheek type comedy. Really good.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One for me would have to be The Town which is easily the best film I have seen in a few years yet no one seems to have heard of it let alone seen it, Ben Affleck is absolutely amazing in it. Also need to second the love for girl next door, the ending is the closest I have ever come to crying at a movie, proper inspirational movie.

• Paid Members
One for me would have to be The Town which is easily the best film I have seen in a few years yet no one seems to have heard of it let alone seen it, Ben Affleck is absolutely amazing in it. Also need to second the love for girl next door, the ending is the closest I have ever come to crying at a movie, proper inspirational movie.

The Town has been a critical and commercial success earning nearly $100 million and is Ben Afflecks most succesful films in years

• Paid Members
The Magician (2005)

Absolutely blinding micro-budget film. It's shot in documentary style and is the day to day story of a hitman (played by Scott Ryan who also directs the film) in the Melbourne underworld.

Can't stress enough how much this film needs to be seen. Should prove to be an inspiration to any wannabe film makers out there.

ive got that here, not watched it yet though. Think i picked it up for

• Paid Members

Surely some of these title aren't exactly lesser known unless your film knowledge consists solely of Star Wars, Avatar & Harry Potter?? Copland got good publicity, Snake Eyes was touted as big film as Nic Cage was hot at the time, Tremors & Predator FFS!

Anyway

• Paid Members
Surely some of these title aren't exactly lesser known unless your film knowledge consists solely of Star Wars, Avatar & Harry Potter?? Copland got good publicity, Snake Eyes was touted as big film as Nic Cage was hot at the time, Tremors & Predator FFS!

The thread had a different title initially, it was about underrated films.

• Paid Members
Sling Blade - Billy Bob Thornton's break out film, he directs & stars as a mentally handicapped man who may or may not have murdered his mother with the titular tool in the South of America. He's befriended by a young boy & goes to live with a family & may snap again. Check this out!

Yeah that's a good 'un. Try and stop yourself mimicking his voice for weeks afterwards as well.

I'm not sure if this one would be classed as lesser-known or not. It had some hype surrounding it when first out but not much talk since.

514Li7kq1-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Defo worth a watch, some good dialogue and characterisation make up for a somewhat predictable storyline. Worth the

Archived