worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Paid Members

Anaal Nathrakh comes from the 1981 film Excalibur, loosely translated it means "Serpent's Breath".

In that respect, I think it's a pretty good name for a metal band.

Pandemonic Hyperblast is not to be fucked with :)

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannibal corpse always rather pleased me, and having songs called things like "Hammer smashed face," and more impressively "Entrails ripped from a virgins cunt," well you can't go wrong.

Nathrakh use some of the members from napalm death (another tremendous name) they're like a heavier side project.

• Paid Members
Cannibal corpse always rather pleased me, and having songs called things like "Hammer smashed face," and more impressively "Entrails ripped from a virgins cunt," well you can't go wrong.

Nathrakh use some of the members from napalm death (another tremendous name) they're like a heavier side project.

The thing with that kind of music, you haven't got to take it seriously.

The musicianship is fantastic, and the heaviness, well, if you want heaviness it's just the thing (and sometimes you do, after I hard day at work I love to unwind to some Amon Amarth), but the lyrics are over the top.

That said, there's probably someone out there who thinks Anal Cunt is a work of art. :laugh:

I must say I very much disagree with the comparison between wrestling and moshing;

There is however a very accurate comparrison between BYW and moshing as both are enviroments where its people fucking around where injuries are only a matter of time due to the very nature of the activity and those involved.

Pro wrestling is about professional athletes (in one form or another) putting on a show and trying their best to avoid injury to themselves and those they work with by ensuring they are suitably preparred for what they are doing.

Big difference.

Here's a question; If a fully trained and insured wrestler works a show like JWF, does that make him a BYW?

There's really not that big a difference, the aim is always not to get hurt. The risks vary in relation to various factors, necro butcher (who is undoubtedly a trained wrestler) is at least as likely to get injured as some of these silly yard fellows.

Lets face it, proper real trained wrestlers do not have an outstanding record of walking away unscathed. These jwf fellas will probably do themselves less long term harm than large portions of the wwf wrestlers of old.

But that wouldn't be very convenient would it, lets just say the pros are fine and these fellows are bound to die. Nice and easy that way

• Paid Members

Can some one explain the thinking behind posting videos of a load of moves on youtube to a music track?

Is there some reason for it rather than putting on a full match to actually show what you can do, out side of hiding weakness which is what it all ways implies to me as a fan?

The young uns rave about it, but I tend to agree with you.

One argument I've heard is that a promoter, a fan, whoever, would be more willing to invest 3/4 minutes of their day watching an abridged version, than say 15 watching the full match. I can see the logic in this. But then equally, what promoter worth their salt books someone from 3/4 minutes of viewing?

It's nothing to do with pleasing promotors. The videos aren't for professional wrestling, they're for backyard - or should I say, underground - wrestling. No one's going to watch a full event, especially if you're going in with the mindset of 'look at these kids. Bet they're gonna twat each other with a lighttube'. But there are underground wrestling feds that have their full events or full matches online. They post them online for their BYW friends to watch. People's perception of backyard is dated. A lot of American feds do a good job of keeping those perceptions alive but the BYW I associate myself with don't do this to look hard or whatever, they do it because they like wrestling but don't necessarily want to commit to being a pro wrestler. That's a stupid argument I hear. People say 'why don't you become a pro wrestler then if you like wrestling?' Why don't I become a professional footballer whilst I'm at it because I play football.

It's not to say that underground wrestlers haven't been to wrestling schools. The majority in the UK I know have and the vast majority know how to bump safely. There are little to no injuries from these shows too. The last major injury I remember was one that could have happened at any event when an arm breaker dislocated the guy's shoulder. That was about 3 years ago.

Ok, a lot of people play music for fun. Maybe they want to go into business management (first thing that came to my head). That doesn't mean they should or have to go into a band and try make money from it. In no way do I consider myself a musician but I've picked up money from playing a gig in London and it was shite. It's easy to pick that money up but it doesn't mean you have to if you don't want the commitment.

• Paid Members
There's really not that big a difference, the aim is always not to get hurt. The risks vary in relation to various factors, necro butcher (who is undoubtedly a trained wrestler) is at least as likely to get injured as some of these silly yard fellows.

Lets face it, proper real trained wrestlers do not have an outstanding record of walking away unscathed. These jwf fellas will probably do themselves less long term harm than large portions of the wwf wrestlers of old.

But that wouldn't be very convenient would it, lets just say the pros are fine and these fellows are bound to die. Nice and easy that way

Yeah, but Necro is a massive benny for doing half the stupid shit he does. I'm sure he's trained but to bring some one like him in is skewing the point. In a straight match Necro could, I assume, bump safely and know how to do shit to minimize risk as much as possible even if its as simple of a slam, something a fair few of the videos in here show isn't the case with some. The fact he choses to get smashed into glass doesn't change that

the BYW I associate myself with don't do this to look hard or whatever, they do it because they like wrestling but don't necessarily want to commit to being a pro wrestler. That's a stupid argument I hear. People say 'why don't you become a pro wrestler then if you like wrestling?' Why don't I become a professional footballer whilst I'm at it because I play football.

So they just watch it and go to shows, or go and get training for fun........or they just give it a go, fuck it eh. Some of the analogy's in here are flawed, to extend on the above football analogy, me playing a 5 a side game has a much lower risk of me or other people ending up seriously injured. I really like parachuting but I don't want to commit to it full time so I'll just get a big cloth and go to a seminar or two on it and I'll be fine to jump from the top floor of my office block. A silly example, but that must show how things work different because of the risks within. On the mosh, theres no real way to lean how to mosh safely is there, there is a way to learn how to bump and actually do moves as well as the other aspects of wrestling, because there is so much more to it than that as i'm sure many people will say.

The vast majority aren't insured. I suppose whether it's right or wrong, that's the risk we take. And since messing around with my mate in his back garden in 2000, my only real injury has been whiplash. And that was from me accepting a Master Lock Challenge from someone in high school like a pleb. My friend who also backyards has a chest that plays up now and again but his big injury is a screwed up ankle. The ankle was injured playing football and aggrevated playing football whilst still having the injury for his team. He has the worst injury from my group.

I know that it could just as easily be me in a wheelchair but I take solace in the fact that I've never had a big injury along with my friends because we don't wrestle often and we go at our own pace with things we're comfortable with. There's a lot of knobs in pro wrestling who are two-faced and have delusions of grandeur. I'd prefer to have a laugh with my mates doing it. The most exciting things in life aren't necessarily logical. I'm sure a lot of you will have done stupid things like climbing trees and jumping off of things. It's not logical, you might have picked up injuries and if you didn't, the risk was always there. But even if you got injuries, I bet it was fun and I bet you have a story to tell.

EEDIT: Kudos to Tommy for using the word 'benny', one of my favourite insults.

Archived