worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Yeah, well spotted that was the first attempt of 3 finishes. the barbed wire i wrapped around my leg before doing the chokebreaker really crippled me quite a bit. I was supposed to catch him and go straight into a cliffhanger DDT. I'll admit to screwing that up, and several other things in that match i totally messed up. I can't really respond to the other question.

Just to clarify, our belts are custom made for the JWF (Metal Plates/Leather Straps.)

- Also... since i started talking on this thread, i've had several pm's for wrestling school offers and some constructive messages ... so for that i thank you.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Yeah, well spotted that was the first attempt of 3 finishes. the barbed wire i wrapped around my leg before doing the chokebreaker really crippled me quite a bit. I was supposed to catch him and go straight into a cliffhanger DDT. I'll admit to screwing that up, and several other things in that match i totally messed up. I can't really respond to the other question.

Just to clarify, our belts are custom made for the JWF (Metal Plates/Leather Straps.)

- Also... since i started talking on this thread, i've had several pm's for wrestling school offers and some constructive messages ... so for that i thank you.

And that's the very reason you should go back to the basics.

The reason they're backyarding instead of going to an established school is because they can't handle it. I'm told that a lot of JWF guys are one-time FWA trainees who went to the academy once and never went back because Mark Sloan wouldn't let them do Swantons and chairshots on their first day. If these guys wanted to be Pros they'd seek proper reputable training, instead they're backyarding because it's less effort.

I agree 100%, he came on here to defend himself and my suggestion is the only effective way of doing it.

Training backyarders is always a nightmare as more often then not they think that what they have done at home counts as experience and on more than one occasion the line "Thats not how I normally do that move" pops up or "This is my moveset/finisher" on day one.

Many leave after the first session or month with whatever excuse but there have been a couple of yarders that have made a good transition and go on to have careers.

The succesful backyard guys must have some point woken up to the fact that not only do they need serious training so they aren't a potential moving injury machine to themselves and others but what they do when backyarding actually counts for nothing in a professional enviroment.

I pity you for having to try and educate backyard guys it must feel like a trial, but the irony of backyard guys is that they say "you think you know everything 'cause you watch Ric Flair" and that's exactly the full extent of a backyard wrestlers training.

Watching Superbrawl a few times and buying a bin.

I feel pissed off for every hard working journeyman in this country who struggles to pay the bills by working a hard schedule in small shows all over the nation, only then to have Ted SpackCastle claim to be the next Matt Hardy just because he twatted his mate with half a fridge in the woods.

Hi Xavier

Im glad your getting good feedback, just make sure you don't end up going to a amp, whose sole intention is to 'teach backyarder's a lesson.

Me personally if i over decided to train again (did 100+ plus back in 2001/2), and if i were you i'd join a school and never mention that i was a backyarder or anything and just start a fresh.

It does worry me though that as a backyarder you've been doing barb wire sh*t. How would you explain it in a & e or worse if you really hurt eachother??

I do wish you luck Xavier

The reason they're backyarding instead of going to an established school is because they can't handle it. I'm told that a lot of JWF guys are one-time FWA trainees who went to the academy once and never went back because Mark Sloan wouldn't let them do Swantons and chairshots on their first day. If these guys wanted to be Pros they'd seek proper reputable training, instead they're backyarding because it's less effort.

I agree 100%, he came on here to defend himself and my suggestion is the only effective way of doing it.

Training backyarders is always a nightmare as more often then not they think that what they have done at home counts as experience and on more than one occasion the line "Thats not how I normally do that move" pops up or "This is my moveset/finisher" on day one.

Many leave after the first session or month with whatever excuse but there have been a couple of yarders that have made a good transition and go on to have careers.

The succesful backyard guys must have some point woken up to the fact that not only do they need serious training so they aren't a potential moving injury machine to themselves and others but what they do when backyarding actually counts for nothing in a professional enviroment.

I pity you for having to try and educate backyard guys it must feel like a trial, but the irony of backyard guys is that they say "you think you know everything 'cause you watch Ric Flair" and that's exactly the full extent of a backyard wrestlers training.

Watching Superbrawl a few times and buying a bin.

I feel pissed off for every hard working journeyman in this country who struggles to pay the bills by working a hard schedule in small shows all over the nation, only then to have Ted SpackCastle claim to be the next Matt Hardy just because he twatted his mate with half a fridge in the woods.

i'd love to see matt hardy twat his mate with a fridge, but i must remember, matt hardy has no friends, and he wouldn't abuse a fridge, it holds what is dearest to him

Lol, that right there just speaks volumes about being desperate to jump on the anti-backyard wagon. Why don't you go tell a wrestler how pissed off you are that he works hard and idiots play at backyarding. He'd look at you like you're a proper cunt.

Don't get me wrong, backyardings not exactly the height of the business. But really, being this keen to be righteously angry just screams out that you're dying for a cause, anything, to really jump on. And you've got the anti backyarding cause as your best bet.

And fuck me that's sad.

Lol, that right there just speaks volumes about being desperate to jump on the anti-backyard wagon. Why don't you go tell a wrestler how pissed off you are that he works hard and idiots play at backyarding. He'd look at you like you're a proper cunt.

Don't get me wrong, backyardings not exactly the height of the business. But really, being this keen to be righteously angry just screams out that you're dying for a cause, anything, to really jump on. And you've got the anti backyarding cause as your best bet.

And fuck me that's sad.

?

Why would I need or want to go up to a professional wrestler and say anything when their work ethic is an argument itself. They paid hard cash and went to train properly ethier from the start or after working out that backyarding only ever leads to backyarding.

There isn't going to be a talent scout at Ninja-Nu-Wrestling-Corp looking at a bunch of dizzy kids and thinking "hey there's the next C.M Punk", IF it did happen it's extremely rare and as likely as Sammy Lee watching a five year old kid on his childs sports day and signing him for Liverpool (we do however need decent players).

Backyarding screams of kids wanting to be taken as seriously as their professional counterparts without ever having the inclination of putting in the effort of doing things the way the superstars of today did in the past.

My opinion doesn't need to be reinforced by wrestler A agreeing with me I see what I do and make up my own mind, the fact a professional wrestler may tell me "fuck off" makes no difference as it doesn't make Backyarding any more valid or any less needy.

I did not jump on any band wagon I have had this opinion of kids copying stupid stunts off television for as long as I have understood television isn't an instruction manual or personal trainer.

It's the attitude with which you approached it that really kinda tickled me.

Being pissed off on behalf on wrestler a, as he works hard but kids back yard just seems ridiculous - especially since, as you rightly point out, he doesn't give a fuck.

Backyarding does indeed scream of kids wanting to be taken seriously, however posts like the one above scream just as loudly of your desperation to be taken seriously as a knowledgeable wrestling fan. I'm not entirely sure the later is better than the former...

• Paid Members
I'd like to have a Backyarder amnesty in which loads of 'yarders are gathered together in order to be taught how to work. Hardcore Holly and New Jack would be the instructors.

What this New Jack?

backyard-wrestling.304405.jpg

Yeah but then half of this place would just whine about taking liberties. Besides which, if you're into getting dropped on your head for your mates to watch, getting cut up by new jack would be quite the honour - as indeed it should be.

edit - In fact that pretty much did happen in iwa, rotten and his mates kicked living fuck out of some poor backyarder to teach him to sell for the trogudite he was growing. All very funny I felt but the righteous anger on here was something to behold.

I'd like to have a Backyarder amnesty in which loads of 'yarders are gathered together in order to be taught how to work. Hardcore Holly and New Jack would be the instructors.

What this New Jack?

backyard-wrestling.304405.jpg

Being in a game, not the same as being a backyarder.

Ask mass transit what it's like to be a backyarder in a ring with new jack, although of course you can't, cos he's dead, and that death is down to new jack being awesome.

Kinda.

• Paid Members

Mass transit dying had nothing to do with New Jack. The reason New Jack did that was NOTHING to do with him being a untrained wrestler also. He was not even a backyarder to add to that.

How about this comment from New Jack about Backyarding.

New Jack: You have to understand something, when I used to do shows for ECW, these kids used to come to the shows and hand me these tapes all the time of them wrestling in their backyards, and I still got that sh!t. I still got collections of those tapes and I get more of a kick watching these tapes than I do watching myself sometimes because these kids are really trying. All of a sudden the backyard wrestling thing became big and I was thinking it was like watching me, only difference was, I wasn't wrestling in a backyard. I don't feel bad about being in this game because that's me. I'm the originator of all this sh!t, only difference is, we did it in a ring. I'm the ambassador, I'm the father, and all of these crazy fools are my kids.

Does he sound like somebody who would teach a backyarder lesson? Nope he would let them get on with it and sit and watch with a beer.

New Jack said a lot of pro-backyarding stuff about the time that game came out, if you watch a more recent shoot he talks about how retarded backyarding is and how fucking yourself up without even getting paid is stupid.

• Paid Members
New Jack said a lot of pro-backyarding stuff about the time that game came out, if you watch a more recent shoot he talks about how retarded backyarding is and how fucking yourself up without even getting paid is stupid.

Yeah but that's the view of most wrestlers on backyarders, I still don't think he would beat the shit out of them for being a backyarder like Holly would no doubt. He would just look at them and laugh.

Archived