worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Forgive me as I'm not that hot (no pun intended) with Japanese wrestling, but is the Burning Hammer the reverse Death Valley Driver-like move?

Yeah but literally dropped onto the back of their neck. But to be honest any move where you have to pick someone up and drop them however when you're not trained shouldnt be done. Just my opinion.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Burning Hammer is a silly move being done by trained professionals never mind stupid kids.

I like 'The Spice Rack' its a much safer version of essentially the same thing.

indeed, completely different kind of bump (front)..... far safer and the japs love it because its still essentially a burning hammer.

Hi Xavier

Im not gonna shit on anything you do i just wanna ask a question. On your profile page of the JWF site it says that one of your moves is the Burning Hammer, a move thats so dangerous that Kenta Kobashi only did it 7 times in his whole career (might be wrong with that number). My question is; Have you actually perfomed this move yet? For someone thats admitted he is not a trained wrestler i advise you dont.

Im not trying to start an argument or anything, just concerned that people are just going to die.

Hey man, yeah i understand how dangerous the move is ... the only 1 time in the ring where i performed the Kenta version was against some guy who was only about 130 pounds and he was fine. He landed perfectly and folded up like an accordian, just how to move should look. I supported his weight as much as possible and he was safe.

Nowadays if i do it, it's more than likely on someone slightly heavier and i rotate them over the full way so they land on their front rather than their back. I should probably rename it, and after this talk i will.

You can see me doing the alt version here:

SKIP to 2:06

By the way, just to reiterate on the whole "not a trained wrestler" issue .. because of what i'm about to say, i will get ripped into. People on here won't call what i've done "training."

But when i was 11 years old to the age of about 19, i took bumps 3-4 days a week ... and it wasn't just silly trashcan shots etc. We were working on all aspects of wrestling in a big group. We would be out there with crash mats from the early am until the sun had set and we were forced to bring out floodlights. We would work on chaining moves together, falling safely and learning how to sell. Among many other things, this was the happiest and most beneficial time of my life. It was a natural transition into the ring because it was what i loved doing.

Since being with the JWF i have had to honor of receiving some great training from Marky B Kraze (3CW) and many other fellow wrestlers. (I didn't realise you would class that as being trained."

But in honesty, i am yet to actually go to a Pro wrestling school, but it is on my agenda for this year. I promise you all.

When i do start training, i will head into it with a clear slate.

Hi Xavier

Im not gonna shit on anything you do i just wanna ask a question. On your profile page of the JWF site it says that one of your moves is the Burning Hammer, a move thats so dangerous that Kenta Kobashi only did it 7 times in his whole career (might be wrong with that number). My question is; Have you actually perfomed this move yet? For someone thats admitted he is not a trained wrestler i advise you dont.

Im not trying to start an argument or anything, just concerned that people are just going to die.

Hey man, yeah i understand how dangerous the move is ... the only 1 time in the ring where i performed the Kenta version was against some guy who was only about 130 pounds and he was fine. He landed perfectly and folded up like an accordian, just how to move should look. I supported his weight as much as possible and he was safe.

Nowadays if i do it, it's more than likely on someone slightly heavier and i rotate them over the full way so they land on their front rather than their back. I should probably rename it, and after this talk i will.

you sir, are a dillusional chode and a danger to everyone around you.

Fuck a pumpkin! That's incredible. You've taken a dangerous move that can be performed *just* safe enough to not cripple, and in trying to "make it safer" created an abortion of an attempt to kill someone. Or two people.

In all seriousness mate, if you actually want to learn how to wrestle, to perform, to be a professional sports entertainer, stop making excuses, stop linking your backstreet coat hanger videos, and go along to a school. Stop posting on this, just stop everything. Get along to a school, any school, shut your mouth and listen and learn. You know nothing, not even bumps, go in there with that mindset, be blank and be re-educated.

• Paid Members

You're a deluded idiot. "I'm untrained, but I can do this move safely!" No. You're still untrained. You're just pushing probability...

Stop being a dick and go to a training school if you're serious about becoming a professional wrestler. But whatever you do, don't tell your trainer, "Hi, I'm [insert name here], I've done some backyard wrestling under the gimmick of Xavier though."

Why the hell I've just given you one of the biggest pieces of advice I could to you, I don't know.

How many bloody titles does that promotion have? Every second person who came out was holding a belt.

The video's a good idea (and 'Big Trouble In Littlehampton' is a funny show name in a CHIKARA-ish way) but the video's reliance on MOVEZ rather than MATCHEZ and, to be honest, the awful way that nearly every move was performed- check the dropkick at 1:04- didn't impress me enough to watch the entire nine fucking minute running time.

You're a deluded idiot. "I'm untrained, but I can do this move safely!" No. You're still untrained. You're just pushing probability...

Stop being a dick and go to a training school if you're serious about becoming a professional wrestler. But whatever you do, don't tell your trainer, "Hi, I'm [insert name here], I've done some backyard wrestling under the gimmick of Xavier though."

Why the hell I've just given you one of the biggest pieces of advice I could to you, I don't know.

"I'm untrained, but I can do this move safely!" was never a direct quote ... in fact the reason i've only performed a Kenta burning hammer once was because it's not safe to do. Hence why it's modified into the latter. The guy i dd the move to though was completely fine, which was my point.

The advice about training has already been established several times ... and i have conceeded and will be doing just that. Like i also stated, i will be starting training with a clean slate. The BYW will not be mentioned.

I feel no need to call you an idiot or insult you back, because your point is valid.

How many bloody titles does that promotion have? Every second person who came out was holding a belt.

The video's a good idea (and 'Big Trouble In Littlehampton' is a funny show name in a CHIKARA-ish way) but the video's reliance on MOVEZ rather than MATCHEZ and, to be honest, the awful way that nearly every move was performed- check the dropkick at 1:04- didn't impress me enough to watch the entire nine fucking minute running time.

I agree.... it is a terrible video, from now on if/when i make an MV is will be cut below 3 mins and it'll get straight to the point.

You are not getting the point are you?

Even with your 'modified' version, the whole thing is still flagrantly dangerous and not measured well at all. Just because he walked away, only shows that you guys didn't roll a full chamber that time. The execution of your moves (I assume, due to your lack of training and awareness of how to work holds) is very similar to Russian roulette in that respect.

Go to training. And work on your physique too. No way should someone be put in charge of another person's body without going near a gym.

Archived