worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Paid Members

People tend to forget that Mick Foley wasn't a backyard wrestler. He, and his friends, made a 'movie' in which Foley played a wrestler. He performed a couple of idiotic stunts, rather than him and his mates making a ring and becoming wrestlers.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 'Hardy's' are the BIGGEST stars to come from this practise. They've even gone on record and into detail about there backyard antics.

interesting a wrestler who claims he had no training was Jake Roberts. He said he learnt by getting in and getting beaten up and learning the hardway. only thing with JR is that you never know what version of the truth your getting.

another who said he didnt have alot of training is: Warrior (he said he had 10 hrs of training).

Can we get a top 10 for the worst ones listed so far?

Completely non-mathematical non-proofed top 5 so far

1 - JWF

2 - PTW

3 - WWA

4 - Tribute Shows

5 - EWW

suggestion for 2011: a shitlist of promotions as well as wrestlers?

Can I ask the critera of how these companies were ranked?

not the crap you learn in a wrestling school after a certain ammount of time

And there you have it the justification of a idiot as to why backyardings ok..

I find it absolutely laughable that anyone can come in to the thread and defend backyarding to any degree at all it just defies all known logic to do so.

instead of fucking around doing this backyarding shit find a GOOD training school which is insured and has competent trainers and learn how to do moves safely rather than potentially injuring/paralysing/killing yourself or anyone else in a shit little backyard ''wrestling'' show.

fucking backyarders...

I think the 'Hardy's' are the BIGGEST stars to come from this practise. They've even gone on record and into detail about there backyard antics.

interesting a wrestler who claims he had no training was Jake Roberts. He said he learnt by getting in and getting beaten up and learning the hardway. only thing with JR is that you never know what version of the truth your getting.

another who said he didnt have alot of training is: Warrior (he said he had 10 hrs of training).

Apart from the small detail of his Dad being a wrestler. Warrior I can believe.

• Paid Members

1 - JWF

2 - PTW

3 - WWA

4 - Tribute Shows

5 - EWW

JWF is defiantly up there PTW is a difficult one. It is only being mentioned because it has Peter Staniforth next to it. He done the booking etc but some of the guys they have had wrestle for them are good wrestlers and probably not there fault they have been smashed into a show with another 108 wrestlers so there having 10 on 10 tag teams (not sure if that has ever happened very likely though). If there was a list it

Apart from the small detail of his Dad being a wrestler. Warrior I can believe.

according to most Jake interviews he pretty much had f**k all to do with his Dad and his dad taught him nowt!

1 - JWF

2 - PTW

3 - WWA

4 - Tribute Shows

5 - EWW

Can I ask the critera of how these companies were ranked?

quickly scanned the pages for mentions of companies / names

It doesn't matter about your roots, its about your natural abilty not the crap you learn in a wrestling school

I for one tell anyone before starting not to run before they can crawl and goto a school for a good year at learning the basics before anything.

Wrestling schools are a waste of time but you advise everyone to go for at least a year?

It doesn't matter about your roots, its about your natural abilty not the crap you learn in a wrestling school

I for one tell anyone before starting not to run before they can crawl and goto a school for a good year at learning the basics before anything.

"I never ground my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch. Why would I do a crazy thing like that?"

"Yeah, I remember grinding my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch. Just buy another one, rich-ass motherfucker."

"I never ground my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch. Why would I do a crazy thing like that?"

"Yeah, I remember grinding my feet into Eddie Murphy's couch. Just buy another one, rich-ass motherfucker."

Cocaine's a helluva drug!

• Paid Members

And then they trained with Dory Funk jnr.

interesting a wrestler who claims he had no training was Jake Roberts. He said he learnt by getting in and getting beaten up and learning the hardway.

That's how training was in that area and era. Jerry Lawler's training was pretty much the same. Get in the ring. Take a shit kicking. Take more shit kickings. Take even more shit kickings. If you're still there, then they might start teaching you the craft.

Archived