1PW Return in 2011

ClutchedByTheCamel

Wow. 1PW again!

I think this goes to show that, whilst you can't fool all the people all the time, you can certainly fool some people all the time.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a mention to the person who claims that they would need to sell 4000 - 5000 tickets to make it work , you are so wrong , Danny is being a lot more sensible with regards to imports this time , when all the announcements are made everybody will see this , and realise that lessons have been learnt !

OK.

Couldn't have put it better myself ;)

I'd be very eager to know how it's possible to get all the aforementioned names over here, pay for venue, insurance, staff and of course workers (and everything and everyone else i've missed off) without selling that kinda number of tickets unless they are already going to be here for something else and it's just P.A. fees.

I genuinely would love to see 1PW do well as few others are working on the kind of scale they were at their peak. If things all work out they could do alot to raise awareness of BritWrestling and up people's expectations of what shows could be like.

Maybe it could be an end to all those blue posters with white stars around the border proclaiming "American Wrestling...see the starts of TV!!!"

Just a mention to the person who claims that they would need to sell 4000 - 5000 tickets to make it work , you are so wrong , Danny is being a lot more sensible with regards to imports this time , when all the announcements are made everybody will see this , and realise that lessons have been learnt !

OK.

Couldn't have put it better myself ;)

I'd be very eager to know how it's possible to get all the aforementioned names over here, pay for venue, insurance, staff and of course workers (and everything and everyone else i've missed off) without selling that kinda number of tickets unless they are already going to be here for something else and it's just P.A. fees.

I genuinely would love to see 1PW do well as few others are working on the kind of scale they were at their peak. If things all work out they could do alot to raise awareness of BritWrestling and up people's expectations of what shows could be like.

Maybe it could be an end to all those blue posters with white stars around the border proclaiming "American Wrestling...see the starts of TV!!!"

You sound like a good britwres fan who does wanna see something succeed , i realise that there is going to be a lot of people with no confidence in 1PW and i fully understand why. I also realise that it is going to take Danny time to win back peoples trust and respect - both of which i am totally confident that he will. I have never denied being Danny's friend but only got to know him originally through being a fan , one thing that i don't think anyone can challange is that he knows how to put on great shows , he knows how to get great imports which there are so many of us that are grateful for.

Although i know you have said you would love to know how it will work and how it will cost but this is something that won't be made public , but it has been mentioned about working with other promotors to get a lot better value for money and like i said when things are announced people will see the change. I do not work for 1PW in any way although if Danny asked for help like i have provided before then i would be happy too.

Please guys just try to stay positive and give 1PW one last shot , at the end of the day Danny never set about to rip off fans ( i know someone will mention the belt but that is a complicated story ) he has paid back almost everything he owes , he could have just done a runner , but he stayed around and worked his butt of to put things right.

I myself as a fan can't wait to see some new imports and great shows :thumbsup:

How is the belt a complicated story?

He tried to sell a belt that wasn't his.

The guy sent him the money.

Danny vanished with the money.

If that's complicated, can you simplify it for me please?

I get that you're friends with Danny and there may even be some business relations judging from your post, but people are entitled to be sceptical even when discounting 1PW's previous history, in the recent past, Danny has tried to sell a belt that wasn't his own and apparently has someone not long since out of jail to do his PR work online.

It's not exactly setting the best image so far, huh?

I wish 1PW the best of luck, and I hope it is fourth time lucky. All I know is that personally if I'm going to attend any future shows, I will pay on the day.

...and apparently has someone not long since out of jail to do his PR work online.

It's not exactly setting the best image so far, huh?

I wish 1PW the best of luck, and I hope it is fourth time lucky. All I know is that personally if I'm going to attend any future shows, I will pay on the day.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the ins and outs here but am i not right in thinking that once you have finished a prison sentance you have "repaid your debt to society"???

Unless I was looking for specific seats or I knew an event was going to be sold out i'd pay on the day for any event or screening.

Though i suppose if you're promoting a show and pre sales aren't going great and someone of note from the card has to pull out (which happens all the time and in UK wrestling that's usually because they get a better offer abroad) then the level of pre sales is going to seriously affect the quality of the replacement. When they are advertising Samoa Joe and it turns out at the last minute he doesn't like the cold and pre sales are shit then on the night nearly a thousand plus pay in the promoter ends up kicking himself for booking Rene Dupree as the replacement :)

I mean it's not like you're going to show up to an event at a reputable venue and find nobody there!

• Paid Members

How does the old saying go again?, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 17 times, I'm a fucking spastic", something like that anyway. I love how the fact that Roddzilla has paid back "most of the money he owes" should be taken as some sort of trustworthy reason to give him a second/48th chance. Fuck that.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the ins and outs here but am i not right in thinking that once you have finished a prison sentance you have "repaid your debt to society"???

Indeed.

But say, hypothetically here seen as all I'm going off here is a previous poster, say Dirty Oil just got out of prison on charges of fraud or something minor - Sounds plausible right?

And you're the 1PW promoter. You've recently been accused of fraud yourself. You had to shut up shop after not paying a lot of the workers from your last show. The 1PW name has been steeped in controvery and stories of dodgy deals and money vanishing from previous owners.

You need to show you've turned over a new leaf, and create a fresh start to distance yourself from all past activities.

Whats your first action? Hire someone recently out of jail who's also had past accusations of theft and lying to his name.

Yeah, that just doesn't give the right impression..........

Unless I was looking for specific seats or I knew an event was going to be sold out i'd pay on the day for any event or screening.

Though i suppose if you're promoting a show and pre sales aren't going great and someone of note from the card has to pull out (which happens all the time and in UK wrestling that's usually because they get a better offer abroad) then the level of pre sales is going to seriously affect the quality of the replacement. When they are advertising Samoa Joe and it turns out at the last minute he doesn't like the cold and pre sales are shit then on the night nearly a thousand plus pay in the promoter ends up kicking himself for booking Rene Dupree as the replacement :)

But that's exactly it.

That's always been 1PW's problem.

They announce the names and hope the pre-sale or on the day walk up will be enough to pay for them, and it rarely is.

So that's why you do get people drop out and replacements drafted in last minute. And if Fludder, Wrestlemaniac and that custom figure guy all pay money in advance and then feel ripped off when they don't get what they paid for...... Well tough shit, card subject to change right?

The facebook page is now taking money in advance for the 1pw NWO T-Shirts. The first lot of money coming in from the new version of 1PW then. Here is hoping this first transaction between paying customer and promoter go well.

They announce the names and hope the pre-sale or on the day walk up will be enough to pay for them, and it rarely is.

So that's why you do get people drop out and replacements drafted in last minute. And if Fludder, Wrestlemaniac and that custom figure guy all pay money in advance and then feel ripped off when they don't get what they paid for...... Well tough shit, card subject to change right?

To be fair, if and when this next incarnation of 1PW goes tits up, the people who lose money on it again surely aren't going to be silly enough to moan about it on here. Anyone that gets burned by 1PW from now on has only got themselves to blame. Be they wrestler, fan, Paypal account holder, whatever, everyone knows the score now. I'd be disappointed with this promoter fella if he didn't scam them, to be honest. They definitely deserve it.

Although saying that, I might go up on the day if they're doing an Outlaws vs NWO match.

To be fair, if and when this next incarnation of 1PW goes tits up, the people who lose money on it again surely aren't going to be silly enough to moan about it on here. Anyone that gets burned by 1PW from now on has only got themselves to blame. Be they wrestler, fan, Paypal account holder, whatever, everyone knows the score now. I'd be disappointed with this promoter fella if he didn't scam them, to be honest. They definitely deserve it.

You could have said that the last couple of times it went wrong to be fair. Yet people will still continue to pay a fortune on tickets, travel and accommodation to see at best a token couple of imports no-show claiming flights/accom/whatever haven't been paid for, and at worst a show cancelled, and loads of money lost. They will buy DVDs and tshirts that will never get released, and only see their money again if they stick a paypal complaint in quick enough.

I'm sorry, I enjoyed 1PW and had a great time at some shows, but quite how anyone can put trust in this organisation, or the inevitable Gauntley return in the next 6 months is beyond me.

Although saying that, I might go up on the day if they're doing an Outlaws vs NWO match.

Cards will always be subject to change. Even with the best intentions you book someone a week or two before you start promoting an event then you got maybe 6 weeks of lead up time. Meanwhile the dude you booked gets a call up from WWE/TNA/AAA... he's hardly going to turn down TV work and the bucketload of local bookings that inevitably follows (at an inflated rate). I know one promotion had Ricky Hatton bail on them minutes after he was expected to have arrived (it was less than 48 hours before the Mayweather WM announcement and the rumour had it that his pr people got wind of this and didn't want the comparisons made in the tabloids that the guy who beat him weeks before had signed a multimillion contract to be in the spotlight while Hatton slums it as the "guest enforcer" infront of 3,000 people!).

As for copyright infringement it's hard to name one promoter who hasn't used (the trademarked brand) "WWE"/"TNA" etc etc to promote their own shows when an import has been used or used their trademarked worker names or stock photos/logos/images/videos in some form or other.

It's also odd that the WWE has in the past been tipped off "by good upstanding members of the community" when UK promoters have used terms like "Former WWE superstar Robbie McAllister" on their posters and have set their legal people on them like a pack of hounds or tonne of bricks.

I doubt i'd go - i'd rather watch the video on Youtube!

Archived