1PW Return in 2011

ClutchedByTheCamel

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you all for the 5 pages of caring and wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you all at future 1PW events. ;)

To be fair mate, even if you completely ignored the dodgy past of 1PW and some of the people involved, the first thing this new, "professional" version of the company has done is link to a video advert which is one massive copywrite infringement.

Surely you can see why that isn't super professional?

Thank you all for the 5 pages of caring and wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you all at future 1PW events. ;)

So ignoring your criminal past, those kind of comments and not accepting that people feel very dubiously about 1PW shows isn't going tow in you any fans here.

Seems like a tough choice for people coming in May 2011

And for the record as far as owed money. I was payed a fair chunk of what was owed. The rest I assume with be forthcoming. I don't know about anybody else.

That's certainly an interesting tease/hint right there.....

If this ends up on the same weekend as NJPW's US shows, I may murder someone.

And for the record as far as owed money. I was payed a fair chunk of what was owed. The rest I assume with be forthcoming. I don't know about anybody else.

What dates are they running?

That video doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Is it true they were teasing Hall & Nash and some DX fringe members???

They'd have to sell a minimum of 4000-5000 tickets to make a return on that kinda show here (I mean it's not like Kevin Nash can fly easyjet as he doesn't fit on one of their planes)... unless... the imports were over to do a few dates and three other promotions within the same area were each splitting the travel/ accomodation costs four ways amicably and of course co promoting each others events to increase awareness of the other dates with an end goal of raising awareness of wrestling shows in the UK...Oh hang on i forgot this is BritWres we're talking about here.

Not been announced yet. I was hoping they'd be announced when Liger is over for JAPW in mid-December.

Still, my thought process would be that NJPW always have a big PPV in the beginning of May and start BOSJ at the end of the month, so I would've thought they'd be over either the weekend starting May 13th or 20th.

Seen as Dragon Gate also have a big PPV at the beginning of May (providing of course this is the III you're talking about) but don't have any major events routine scheduled that month, there's could be 13th, 20th or the end of the month - Falling on 1PW's proposed weekend. But Dragon Gate may also attempt to squeeze in a DG USA show if this year was anything to go by, so if they're again following the same time frames, they may do the USA show in Mid-May, leaving the end of May available for a European tour.

Not been announced yet. I was hoping they'd be announced when Liger is over for JAPW in mid-December.

Still, my thought process would be that NJPW always have a big PPV in the beginning of May and start BOSJ at the end of the month, so I would've thought they'd be over either the weekend starting May 13th or 20th.

Seen as Dragon Gate also have a big PPV at the beginning of May (providing of course this is the III you're talking about) but don't have any major events routine scheduled that month, there's could be 13th, 20th or the end of the month - Falling on 1PW's proposed weekend. But Dragon Gate may also attempt to squeeze in a DG USA show if this year was anything to go by, so if they're again following the same time frames, they may do the USA show in Mid-May, leaving the end of May available for a European tour.

So either 13-15 or 20-22nd? Going to be a busy month. You have pretty much covered it, not quite what I had in mind, but we'll see I guess

They'd have to sell a minimum of 4000-5000 tickets to make a return on that kinda show here (I mean it's not like Kevin Nash can fly easyjet as he doesn't fit on one of their planes)... unless... the imports were over to do a few dates and three other promotions within the same area were each splitting the travel/ accomodation costs four ways amicably and of course co promoting each others events to increase awareness of the other dates with an end goal of raising awareness of wrestling shows in the UK...Oh hang on i forgot this is BritWres we're talking about here.

Maybe you should wait and see , maybe lessons have been learnt.

Maybe you should wait and see , maybe lessons have been learnt.

Not by ass kissing fans they haven't.

God people make me sick sometimes. Lets look back 5 years shall we. Gauntley runs 1PW, loads of people are happy that we have supershows, and 1PW tell us (without grounds) that they are the #1 european promotion. People buy in to it, except Brit Wres loyalists who cry because the shows end too late and because the budget is a poor business model. 2 years later. 1PW shuts down and reopens. During the shut down, everyone calls Steven a thief and a crook and various people say they'll never go to his shows, and/or never work for him. When it reopens, those same people go to shows and do work for him. Despite less money, smaller shows, and smaller draws apparently they're still the #1 European promotion.

1 year later, shut down again, everyone slags steven shit company blah blah. new owners, people claim to be cautious. Another year and Danny eventually takes over and the company is ran in to the ground and people are screwed out of money big time. Everyone slags it off for being a bad business model, and claiming that it's wrong and they wont support a company that doesn't pay the wrestlers despite it having a good show (on the whole) the crimes of none payment weight heavy. Various people refuse to work for them again.

3 months later, 1PW comes back, has a video showing that they will still spend way too much money, has apparently only paid back some money, not all, to people like Sloan, and all the people who slagged it are now anxiously awaiting announcements and really want to see the new shows, and the wrestlers who said they'd never work there are now all popping up on Dannys friend list again. Fucking stupid.

Why won't everyone just admit, the country doesn't have any big shows without 1PW. So whether you want to watch, or participate, you'll always kiss the ass of the company that claims they can bring over the biggest and best talent. Just once it would be nice to see a wrestler or a fan admit that, instead of claiming 'everyone deserves a second chance' and 'maybe they learned'... it's a promotion run by people who have screwed people on multiple occasions. From not paying wrestlers, to lying about selling belts and borrowing money and not paying it back.

But hey, we MIGHT get a some matches at the Doncaster Dome featuring an import or two. Quick, everyone drop

Just a mention to the person who claims that they would need to sell 4000 - 5000 tickets to make it work , you are so wrong , Danny is being a lot more sensible with regards to imports this time , when all the announcements are made everybody will see this , and realise that lessons have been learnt !

• Paid Members
Just a mention to the person who claims that they would need to sell 4000 - 5000 tickets to make it work , you are so wrong , Danny is being a lot more sensible with regards to imports this time , when all the announcements are made everybody will see this , and realise that lessons have been learnt !

OK.

Archived