1PW Return in 2011

ClutchedByTheCamel

...and apparently has someone not long since out of jail to do his PR work online.

It's not exactly setting the best image so far, huh?

I wish 1PW the best of luck, and I hope it is fourth time lucky. All I know is that personally if I'm going to attend any future shows, I will pay on the day.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the ins and outs here but am i not right in thinking that once you have finished a prison sentance you have "repaid your debt to society"???

Unless I was looking for specific seats or I knew an event was going to be sold out i'd pay on the day for any event or screening.

Though i suppose if you're promoting a show and pre sales aren't going great and someone of note from the card has to pull out (which happens all the time and in UK wrestling that's usually because they get a better offer abroad) then the level of pre sales is going to seriously affect the quality of the replacement. When they are advertising Samoa Joe and it turns out at the last minute he doesn't like the cold and pre sales are shit then on the night nearly a thousand plus pay in the promoter ends up kicking himself for booking Rene Dupree as the replacement :)

I mean it's not like you're going to show up to an event at a reputable venue and find nobody there!

Just one big question - who says that he has been in prison , i have been told differant , if someone has proof and can 100% confirm this fair enough but to just hear some gossip and label someone is wrong. The man is trying to help something that he feels passionate about and i think it is a bit irresponsible to tarnish him if the facts are wrong.

And yes Coby , i will have a business relationship with Danny on some levels,hence how i know it is so much better than what happened in may , i know prices , i know who Danny turned turn because of demands and i know Danny will be being far more sensible. I work in a bank for a living and feel i am quite savvy when it comes to money , and i trust Danny and 100% believe that this is all going to work.

Also everyone speculating about how Danny can afford such stars - don't think any have been named yet !

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think people are asking how he can afford such stars. I think what people are asking is when does he intend to pay his outstanding debts before planning another show?

Four_Horsemen hasn't denied the claims that he has recently been incarcerated? As a matter of fact, it has led to him stop posting on this thread.

I'm all for giving someone a second chance, I however feel that 1PW is on chance number 6? Hopefully they can rebuild a relationship with fans that has been severely damaged.

The facebook page is now taking money in advance for the 1pw NWO T-Shirts. The first lot of money coming in from the new version of 1PW then. Here is hoping this first transaction between paying customer and promoter go well.

And I take it an agreement is in place with the WWE for use of the nWo trademark? Otherwise.. well, that's theft.

• Paid Members
The facebook page is now taking money in advance for the 1pw NWO T-Shirts. The first lot of money coming in from the new version of 1PW then. Here is hoping this first transaction between paying customer and promoter go well.

And I take it an agreement is in place with the WWE for use of the nWo trademark? Otherwise.. well, that's theft.

It's not. It's copyright infringement. Or in this case, "passing off", as they're not using the nWo trademark. They're using a similarly-styled logo within the same industry to intentionally cause confusion and make people buy their product based on the trademarks of another company.

It's not. It's copyright infringement. Or in this case, "passing off", as they're not using the nWo trademark. They're using a similarly-styled logo within the same industry to intentionally cause confusion and make people buy their product based on the trademarks of another company.

Infringement also covers likeness too. So if you get a restaurant and name it Mcdowells and put a giant M on it..Mcdonalds would stll beat down your door ;)

• Paid Members

Infringement also covers likeness too. So if you get a restaurant and name it Mcdowells and put a giant M on it..Mcdonalds would stll beat down your door ;)

But it's not theft. Theft is depriving someone of a possession. This is intellectual property (civil law) and not criminal law. Because WWE are still able to use the nWo trademark, 1PW aren't stealing from them. But they are using WWE's property to make money.

I know as someone accused me of "theft" in 2008, when what they actually were accusing me of was copyright infringement ;) I was innocent, by the way, hence my still posting here...

It's a shame 1PW gets all this bad press now. I remember going to the first show a few years ago and it was a really good afternoon/eve. I remember being chuffed that Dreamer and Al Snow had replaced Hardy as I'm a big ECW fan and this was only a few months after One Night Stand.

Got to meet Dreamer, Raven, Corino and a load of the other guys who were there. Was a good event.

• Paid Members

Me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's, I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.

Me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's, I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.

Coming to America, right?

I've checked the new live website and incase anybody is interested there are a few new roster members...notably Conrad Kennedy III and Jon Ryan. Sterling James Keenan is also included so hopefully this will see him back on these shores.

Now, if they are using CK3 that is a worrying sign already. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to spend

I hope your spelling, punctuation and grammar are up to scratch, because the wording of past 1PW updates has been diabolical.

I call shenanigans!!! Back in 2005 and 2006 when it was Joe Dombrowski and I writing those updates, they was all grammared up nice! :) HA!

Archived