1PW Return in 2011

ClutchedByTheCamel

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Despite putting their "Chester" show in Deeside Ice Rink, which other than having a Makro, and a half decent Karting place in Sandycroft, near it has no fucking redeeming features (especially for travel considering to the two large urban conurbations near it, of which one is Chester itself.) I'm going to give them a bit of trust.

it was orginally at Chester Northgate but it turns out they double booked us, so it was moved to Deeside :( it does also bost one epic size Asda (with McDonalds) :laugh:

Tommy! - While i totally understand where you are coming from. 4AS did overrun massively Yes. Deadly Intentions on the 28th of may, ran perfect and to time with no issues at all. the new divide.. er pass i have no idea what time that cluster fuck finished. but it still went ahead a bit late, and still put out a brilliant show! did it not? but since the take over there haven't been "on the day" drop outs which happened a lot during the old regime. if someone wasn't coming. we let you know as soon as we found out. we didn't wait until the day to tell people. but regardless. you know no matter what. the 1PW shows will always give you a good show and chance to see and meet some the top wrestlers world wide. all i can say is this, if you chose to come to the shows. great you wont be disappointed. if you don't, oh well you loss in my opinion.

• Paid Members
Despite putting their "Chester" show in Deeside Ice Rink, which other than having a Makro, and a half decent Karting place in Sandycroft, near it has no fucking redeeming features (especially for travel considering to the two large urban conurbations near it, of which one is Chester itself.) I'm going to give them a bit of trust.

it was orginally at Chester Northgate but it turns out they double booked us, so it was moved to Deeside :( it does also bost one epic size Asda (with McDonalds) :laugh:

Tommy! - While i totally understand where you are coming from. 4AS did overrun massively Yes. Deadly Intentions on the 28th of may, ran perfect and to time with no issues at all. the new divide.. er pass i have no idea what time that cluster fuck finished. but it still went ahead a bit late, and still put out a brilliant show! did it not? but since the take over there haven't been "on the day" drop outs which happened a lot during the old regime. if someone wasn't coming. we let you know as soon as we found out. we didn't wait until the day to tell people. but regardless. you know no matter what. the 1PW shows will always give you a good show and chance to see and meet some the top wrestlers world wide. all i can say is this, if you chose to come to the shows. great you wont be disappointed. if you don't, oh well you loss in my opinion.

"Oh well it doesn't matter if we overrun because the shows good right?" Not when people have trains to catch or work commitments the next day. You tit.

"Oh well it doesn't matter if we overrun because the shows good right?" Not when people have trains to catch or work commitments the next day. You tit.

And so it begins... you found a few lines from that post, and the light bulb goes off in your head and thought "oh lets twist them put them together and add a insult at the end" - Brilliant, sheer brilliance. as clearly no where does it say that "it doesn't matter" Tommy was airing a concern for something that may happen on the day. ie like 101 where 2 or 3 of the advertised imports no showed or even a show gets cancelled on the day - (if i actually do recall i think the new divide finished about 10/15mins later than we advertised it too, considering it stared 40mins late) and we don't have on the day drop outs. our shows will go ahead, you will be entertained and the track record so far for "late" shows is 2 to 2. 4AS & New Divide - Late Finish. Will Not Cancel & Deadly Intentions finished on time.

• Paid Members

And so it begins... you found a few lines from that post, and the light bulb goes off in your head and thought "oh lets twist them put them together and add a insult at the end" - Brilliant, sheer brilliance. as clearly no where does it say that "it doesn't matter" Tommy was airing a concern for something that may happen on the day. ie like 101 where 2 or 3 of the advertised imports no showed or even a show gets cancelled on the day - (if i actually do recall i think the new divide finished about 10/15mins later than we advertised it too, considering it stared 40mins late) and we don't have on the day drop outs. our shows will go ahead, you will be entertained and the track record so far for "late" shows is 2 to 2. 4AS & New Divide - Late Finish. Will Not Cancel & Deadly Intentions finished on time.

I twisted nothing, "the new divide.. er pass i have no idea what time that cluster fuck finished. but it still went ahead a bit late, and still put out a brilliant show! did it not?" Those are your words, and it's clearly trying to vindicate the timings being up shit creek by the fact it "put out a brilliant show! did it not?".

• Paid Members

Firstly I will say despite being on here I don't keep up with the ins and outs of who's actually in charge when, and I just view it as a company with a reputation so I may be wrongly tarring you with a previous operator, but it can be said if you are taking the good of the name you are taking the bad too and there is a rep of issues.

I say the following with no intended disrespect and just as my view as a fan, but the event where Stone won the belt, TTE I believe, started late ended late and as Stone celebrated it was tragic to see how few people had remained to see it. It was a similar issue the next night I recall, unless its the Q&A that had an issue. Now I enjoyed the shows but you have to respect that it did kill the atmosphere. Like wise the 4AS left me genuinely frustrated when a would be excellent 3 way was cut to nothing to run some angle with a ref followed by a long and nonsensical promo despite being well over time. That left me deflated despite an otherwise good show because it made no sense.

I didn't get to the last shows as I was on holiday so this may not have been an issue as of late, still photographers. The shows I've mentioned above had an insane amount of them flashing away and I may have seen one persons set of photos turn up some where. They get in the way and personally the constant flashing gives me a blinding headache. I just don't get the need for so many and it just feels like its trying to be something its not. This is a little thing, but that is essentially a big issue with the 1pw shows I've seen, lots of little things, late start, late ends, odd decisions etc, its lots of little things.

As I have said the last shows had to be given a miss but by all accounts they weren't a success story in a few ways.

As you say if I go I'm sure there will be a good show, but will it be good enough when I'm driving down the motorway at some early hour when you take in the risk of a no show or issue, a late start a late finish and all the other little things. Also as you say if I don't I'm sure it is only my loss, however as a company which, from what I can tell, markets itself to people like myself then the reason I'm not jumping at the chance to go along to what on paper looks good may be worth sharing. As I said before my heart says to go but my head, it has reservations and makes me think of saving my time and money for another show.

That said best of luck to all involved, I'm not trying to moan, and I'm not saying I could do better (but then it's not me trying) but just stating my feelings.

Edit: having read the above after just assuming it was a bit of an argument it seems you, who ever is in charge, is trying and that is reassuring and refreshing. However I may be in the position to give it a few shows and see how it all goes, if you will.

Fair play to Danny Rodd. 1PW have had terrible moments in the past, but as far as what I can see now, they really are trying to sort themselves out. I criticised 1PW on the Download Festival forum, and I did ask Danny about all the problems in the past and some of the obvious controversies, but everything seems to be ironed out. He really is making an effort this time and I've been very impressed thus far.

Of course it could all turn to shit again, but of all the different 'generations' of 1PW, this one I'm most convinced by.

Archived