Paid Members Onyx2 Posted August 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 19, 2025 5 hours ago, Browser Brady said: Golf Has it got Neo Geo? Turf Masters works great multiplayer, very arcadey. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted August 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 20, 2025 Yeah Turf Masters is awesome, one of my go-to NeoGeo games. Gets hard quite quickly though. Quote
Merzbow Posted August 20, 2025 Posted August 20, 2025 Speaking of Boxing games did anyone ever play this Sega joint with the dual screens and double joysticks? I think I might have only tried it the once but I remember seeing it all the time when down at Skeggy as a small kid, I'd expect those controllers were often broken. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted August 20, 2025 Posted August 20, 2025 (edited) 18 hours ago, Browser Brady said: Right, got myself one of those retro emulators HDMI stick with loads of Mega Drive , Nes , SNES and Arcade roms. Going to have a lads night soon and am wondering what are the classic multiplayer games that are the most fun. it’ll be the likes of Micro Machines 2, Street Fighter 2, Mario Kart etc…. Anybody know any good fun Boxing, Tennis or Golf games from the 90’s that are good for multiplayer? Snes Super Tennis is a classic. Simple and easy to learn but lots of fun in multiplayer. Edited August 20, 2025 by Cousin Jim Bob Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 20, 2025 6 hours ago, Merzbow said: Speaking of Boxing games did anyone ever play this Sega joint with the dual screens and double joysticks? I think I might have only tried it the once but I remember seeing it all the time when down at Skeggy as a small kid, I'd expect those controllers were often broken. That looks like loads of fun. Such an obvious and amazing concept. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 22, 2025 More titles getting added to the Mortal Kombat Kollection (which I think is also the next part of Digital Eclipse's Gold Master series). They've announced Mythologies: Sub Zero, and Special Forces. Arguably two dreadful games. I wonder whether they're also going to stick Shaolin Monks in there as well. Lots of different home ports of the older titles, as well as the arcade versions and I presume documentary footage. The Gold Master stuff is brilliant anyway, they're described as "interactive museums" which is a perfect description. You can see the evolution from the Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection through to this one in terms of content. Digital Eclipse have this down to a fine art. There's also some Namco content coming out as DLC for the Atari 50 collection. Anyway, here's an article about the MK thing. https://nintendoeverything.com/mortal-kombat-legacy-kollection-reveals-mk-mythologies-mk-special-forces/ Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 On 8/19/2025 at 6:56 PM, Merzbow said: From 88 but it's my fave arcade boxing game, Konami nailed the look and sound here and made it real fun to play too. Great game and I even use the soundtrack in my YouTube videos at times Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted August 23, 2025 Posted August 23, 2025 (edited) On 8/20/2025 at 9:05 AM, Merzbow said: Speaking of Boxing games did anyone ever play this Sega joint with the dual screens and double joysticks? I think I might have only tried it the once but I remember seeing it all the time when down at Skeggy as a small kid, I'd expect those controllers were often broken. My brother & I played the hell out of this on a holiday to Majorca. We did actually beat it a couple of times, the last boss was insane but it was all just a matter of figuring out the pattern Edited August 23, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted August 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 24, 2025 My most vivid boxing video game memory from my youth is of Final Blow aka James Buster Douglas Knockout Boxing or something like that. Quote
Merzbow Posted August 24, 2025 Posted August 24, 2025 God yeah, that was everywhere and was a real impressive looker but I hated playing it. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted August 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 24, 2025 Caesar’s World of Boxing on the CD-i has extremely fond memories for me. Not sure how well any of it would stand up now, the gameplay was perhaps a tad plodding. When fighting a superior opponent, it was sometimes possible to get a few jabs in and then retreat from the main fighting screen, where it switched to a top down view, and you could try and get the ref stuck in the middle of you and the other fighter, thus saving you from being pummelled. Just like real boxing. Of course, the main attraction for the adolescent boys we were, was the cutscenes where attractive women would suggest participation in non-standard training exercises. [Yes]. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted August 24, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 24, 2025 (edited) 5 hours ago, Merzbow said: God yeah, that was everywhere and was a real impressive looker but I hated playing it. Glad there's someone else that found it difficult. I'm generally rubbish at fighting games. This brings back fond memories. It's another game I wasn't very good at. However the graphics and aesthetic are still amazing to me. Edited August 24, 2025 by BigJag Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 25, 2025 A reboot as opposed to retro, but I’m figuring fans of the original games are likely to be in this thread - if you’ve not played the Shinobi: Art of Vengeance demo I highly recommend you give it a go. It’s so good that I immediately pre-ordered the game (out later this week) after playing it. The full game is also getting excellent reviews and I’m really looking forward to it. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted August 25, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 25, 2025 51 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: A reboot as opposed to retro, but I’m figuring fans of the original games are likely to be in this thread - if you’ve not played the Shinobi: Art of Vengeance demo I highly recommend you give it a go. It’s so good that I immediately pre-ordered the game (out later this week) after playing it. The full game is also getting excellent reviews and I’m really looking forward to it. Will we need the infinite shuriken cheat though? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 6 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Will we need the infinite shuriken cheat though? Since you mention it - the combat in general is really fun, and they’ve managed to make a game that feels like how I remember Shinobi to be, while evolving it into something modern. The story also seemed decent - from what I could tell in the demo, anyway. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.