Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2025 The original Gameboy Donkey Kong is supposed to be good through the Super GameBoy. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 19, 2025 Posted July 19, 2025 Donkey Kong 94? Yeah that's an ace game starts of as the normal classic DK but then once those 4 stages are completed it turns into the best puzzler on the system. I think there's like 100 stages. Quote
Twatters Posted July 19, 2025 Posted July 19, 2025 I rarely post here anymore but just wanted to say I love reading @FLipsand others retro gaming posts. I collect various retro games (basically stuff I had as a kid but got rid of and stuff i couldn't afford as a kid but can now) but rarely have time to play them! Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2025 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: Donkey Kong 94? Yeah that's an ace game starts of as the normal classic DK but then once those 4 stages are completed it turns into the best puzzler on the system. I think there's like 100 stages. I picked it up on my 3ds, but I know it's available through Switch Online pass membership thingy. It's great. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted July 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2025 9 hours ago, Jazzy G said: The original Gameboy Donkey Kong is supposed to be good through the Super GameBoy. 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: Donkey Kong 94? Yeah that's an ace game starts of as the normal classic DK but then once those 4 stages are completed it turns into the best puzzler on the system. I think there's like 100 stages. Yeah I mentioned this one several months back, and as Merzbow said it’s class. Has you do the original Donkey Kong arcade levels and then opens up into a prototype version of Mario vs Donkey Kong with a load of puzzles. Gets a lovely exclusive Super Gameboy border too. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 19, 2025 Posted July 19, 2025 (edited) This is fucked up, an Italian YouTuber who reviews those little handhelds we talk about on here has been screwed over for reviewing them. Cops took over 30 devices and there might be jail time for him, it's wild because as he says so many others do these videos and one thing they don't do is advertise any kind of pirated material coming with the consoles, they're straight up tech reviews not ads. Edited July 19, 2025 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tasseidenki/gaime-plug-and-play-time-crisis-gun-system-for-modern-tvs Theres a few of this type of project about. This one seems to have some official backing. I'm not sure how adaptable it will be. Gun 4 Air, another option, allows usage with an emulator. In that way it has an advantage over this system. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 GUN4AIR looked great but not £200 great, I'd be interested in a lesser version though. Something I can mess about with on Time Crisis and Virtua Cop ROMs. Quote
westlondonmist Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 Went on holiday and the caravan had a PS2. My son got super excited when he saw amongst the games were Shrek 2, Curse of the Were rabbit, Stitch and Charlie and the chocolate factory. He took to the latter the most, I would call it one of the worst games I've ever played. Amazing how much a licence can make kids love a game. Shrek 2 was actually decent, Were rabbit wasn't bad and Stitch was fairly bad. I'm going to take him to Power Up at the science museum. Looks fun and isn't that expensive. Anybody else been to it? Quote
Version1.0 Posted July 27, 2025 Posted July 27, 2025 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (PS2) has a Metacritic of 35. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2025 On 7/26/2025 at 9:25 AM, Merzbow said: GUN4AIR looked great but not £200 great, I'd be interested in a lesser version though. Something I can mess about with on Time Crisis and Virtua Cop ROMs. My mate bought the Gun4Air licence for £40. He's now got around 5 Nerf guns that he's modified into light guns. He uses them with an emulator. It's quite a simple process. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2025 I picked up that Technos Kunio Kun rarities collection yesterday, and Sega Ages Fantasy Zone. I've been playing Combatribes this morning. Fun little arena best em up type thing. Arcade version of Super Dodge Ball could be interesting Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted July 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2025 (edited) I bought a Pi5 when they came out and didn’t end up using it for much. I’ve just taken delivery of a RetroFlag Dreamcase which is superb, and I’m going to try and make a pure Dreamcast mini. I’ve got all the ISOs, original controllers, VMUs and a USB interface for the controllers, so we’ll see how it goes and I’ll report back. I want to make it play the original Dreamcast splash screen when I turn it on, and so it’s already starting to feel like a nice little project to sink my teeth into. https://amzn.eu/d/9Bpnk2h Edited July 27, 2025 by Scratch Quote
westlondonmist Posted July 27, 2025 Posted July 27, 2025 16 hours ago, Version1.0 said: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (PS2) has a Metacritic of 35. Rather generous if you ask me Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2025 Would any of you guys invest in this? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spectrumnext/zx-spectrum-next-issue-3-0 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.