Stylin_and_Profilin Posted April 30, 2025 Posted April 30, 2025 Been going through the Arkham series again from scratch. Actually feels a bit odd to consider that retro - maybe it's not - but still holds up really well and that open world stuff really is pretty special when you consider how expansive it is. Didn't do all the Riddler trophies when i originally played them so that has been infuriating but rewarding in equal measure. Arkham City definitely was the 'best' i feel overall in terms of the depth of the story. Origins got a bit of a critical panning at the time i seem to remember but it holds up pretty well and really like the way it has the various 8 or so super villians you have to work your way through and eventually fight. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted April 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 30, 2025 I haven’t played Arkham Asylum since it originally came out. I was dealing with a severe case of Gastroenteritis and one night I had a fever dream/hallucination that Riddler was talking to me all night. Freaks me out thinking of replaying it. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 30, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 30, 2025 2 hours ago, FLips said: I haven’t played Arkham Asylum since it originally came out. I was dealing with a severe case of Gastroenteritis and one night I had a fever dream/hallucination that Riddler was talking to me all night. Freaks me out thinking of replaying it. That almost sounds like the ideal way to play it considering the Scarecrow plotline. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 The OG Ridge Racer arcade port has been announced for PS4 and PS5, too. I was hoping it wasn't going to be a Switch 2 exclusive as it should run on pretty much anything. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 1, 2025 Posted May 1, 2025 But does it come with all the equipment necessary for full enjoyment? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 4, 2025 Posted May 4, 2025 Random but just been going through some stuff in boxes and found a photo from one of the happiest days of my life. (You'll be glad to know it wasn't just the case) Quote
Merzbow Posted May 4, 2025 Posted May 4, 2025 That's ace, you're half way to being AJ Styles with that case! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 4, 2025 Posted May 4, 2025 I also like the fact I've got a British Bulldog top on, whether I wanted to or not. Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted May 19, 2025 Posted May 19, 2025 (edited) Visited the Birmingham Gaming Market yesterday The balance was all wrong with stalls yesterday The Etsy based stuff is almost 50 percent of stalls which is ridiculous Those stalls have a place at such events but to have half the vendors selling 3d printed stuff etc is just disappointing https://youtu.be/L4SshDU3q7E?si=c3o9uubl8ydI1qq7 Edited May 19, 2025 by Big Bully Busick Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted May 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 20, 2025 Been playing Pilot Wings 64 on Switch. I’m not sure what about it appeals to me, or keeps me coming back. Completionist? Addictive gameplay? FUN? Probably a combination of the three. I can see it not being for everyone, but I’ve found it hugely entertaining (and often infuriating). I feel like it’s got the easy to pick up/difficult to master combo. I haven’t yet been able to crash into any of the NPC hang gliders, which is kinda sad but I understand why they probably don’t want to encourage it. Finally got all silver badges on the hardest level, which unlocks the final bonus stage - Jungle Hopper. (Me neither). Quote
Merzbow Posted May 20, 2025 Posted May 20, 2025 I don't think I ever played one properly until Pilot Wings Resort, that was great fun for a tech demo. Might have to reinstall it to my 3DS now. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted May 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 20, 2025 I enjoyed Pilot Wings Resort, I think the 3D effect was lovely on it. I’m a big fan of that glossy look it gave a lot of 3DS games. I have the SNES version and wish it would hook me but it just hasn’t so far. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 24, 2025 Posted May 24, 2025 Recently picked a new HDMI converter for my Dreamcast, after browsing through this thread. Now I'm getting my arse kicked on Resident Evil 2, for the first time in lord knows how many years. Relearning the old tank controls, is definitely a nostalgic experience. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 24, 2025 Posted May 24, 2025 Just finished the GOG version of the original Resident Evil 3 and yeah I like it more than the remake, no idea why they took out the entire clock tower section in the new game. I feel like the Nemesis is far scarier even with the archaic graphics and mechanics, too. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 24, 2025 Posted May 24, 2025 Just completed Claire route A of Resident Evil 2 . Took 4 hours 47 minutes. Had a blast. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.