The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

double dragon, home alone,terminator 2 ( the non arcade shooter version) robocop vs terminator are just some I'm sure there's more, I picked up the following over the last week or so in local charity shops

Double Dragon, is cheaper for cart only and last time I looked can be had for 10 quid or so. Home Alone Je ne sais pas. T2 the game, is woeful, but is rarer, can be had again if looking for specifics. Robocop vs Terminater isnt that expensive either.

Basically stay away from BIN's and you can still get bargains of a sort. Also avoid Spence.77, Zion Systems, Chris Numbers and various other sellers, who basically dictate prices. Amazon Market Place is also worth a look

It may also be worth checking the American markets, for cheaper versions, most games work without a converter (Its only later games SOR3, Konami stuff etc that there is a problem with)

Because of lack of moving parts, megadrive's should last a lot longer than the disk based systems. With Atari 2600's Nes's and even Vetrex's still going strong at nearly 30 I think you will be okay. My MD is 21. I have a back up. But shows no sign of failing

Ok mate thanks for that, any other gems I'm forgetting you think I should go after? I think I have James pond somewere and desert strike, fairy tail was another I had as a kid that was very fun, wish I never sold all my games when I got a PS1, oh I need the simpsons game also!

Ok mate thanks for that, any other gems I'm forgetting you think I should go after? I think I have James pond somewere and desert strike, fairy tail was another I had as a kid that was very fun, wish I never sold all my games when I got a PS1, oh I need the simpsons game also!

Depends what sort of games you like.

I wouldnt recommend going after everything or will be gathering a lot of dust. Go after what you really want first, then work back for other games afterwards

• Paid Members

I have a Megadrive myself and without trying to come across as a shill, the link in my sig sell them cheaper than you generally find on Ebay. With no other Retro shops about we tend to price match Ebay and knock the price down a little to compete. Gunstar Heroes for example I got from there for

Edited by TripleA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Basically stay away from BIN's

mrt1.gif

It's taken me two weeks to get this! What a brilliant reference as well. When I saw the post a few weeks ago I recognised the image, but I couldn't think what I knew it from and didn't understand the reference. Then, tonight something in the deep recesses of my consciousness must have been awoken and I realised what I was looking at! Digitiser!! At the risk of sounding like Richie here, I fucking miss Teletext.

I nominate Mega Man 2.

I second this :laugh:

You both want Megaman 2 to review the games? Odd fellows these UKFF'ers. Having a cartridge doing reviews is certainly different though. It would certainly have a Crash/Zero style to it.

Megaman 2 Reviews.... Goldeneye on the N64

Thanks for that Megaman 2! :thumbsup:

EDIT: To be fair I want to get away from the nominating games thing as it petered out quite spectacularly with only 2 or 3 posting reviews towards the end. Was thinking more along the lines of picking something and having a discussion on it. Like Megadrive vs Snes, or focusing on anniversaries, Spectrum is 30. or looking at series of games as a whole (which Im sure Megaman 2 would probably come up with Megaman being looked at some point) lik Sonic, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy etc etc. Or even looking at systems on their own, picking out best/worst games and underrated games and including reviews as and when should the discussion merit it.

Anyways, was just a thought

Edited by patdfb