The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members

The PC Engine was a nice little console. I had tons of games for it.

It was the days of playing RPG's in a different language. You had no idea what was going on, but it was great.

• Paid Members
Looks like Cabal and Blood Brothers, both of which are absolute blinders - never found a Cabal with the trackball, though, so it wasn't the easiest thing to roll and avoid bullets - they fixed that up with Blood Brothers, though, which I absolutely burned up on MAME.

The difference is that it's a horizontal scroller rather than a single screen. There are marked similarities, though.

I never had a problem with the controls for Cabal and it's one of the few arcade games I've finished without continuing. Blood Brothers is great, too, but I found another one very similar to that last weekend that I can't remember the name of that looks as though it's from the same people.

• Paid Members
Is it Wild Guns? Or is it West Story? Because West Story is just a bootleg of Blood Bros.

No, it was a completely different setting. I'll nip on tomorrow and see if I can find it.

Having said that, I did have a proper go of Nam '75 last weekend and it really is excellent, can see me hammering that some more in coming weeks now we can get to our cabinet again.

Nam 75 came up in one of the retro leagues I play, and it is good, just bastard hard as it goes on.

As for the Nam like game that isnt Blood Brothers or Cabal, there is a few that are similar including the GI Joe Game, Rambo III, Devastators and possibly Dead Connection