The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Anyone else hoping this show does well just so Supremo stops with his boring 'this will fail' rants? Give it a rest and enjoy thw fights you boring fucker.

Where have I said I didn't enjoy the fights? And how is it a rant? Someone brought something up and I discussed it. Apologies it doesn't match your normal level of shit discussion though, completely lacking in any type of subtance or thought whatsoever.

It makes more sense commercially to have Shogun vs Machida, but as Bader is coming of a win, I guess Vera would be a step down for him. I still think they should reshuffle and have Machida vs Shogun, even if that does mean pissing of Bader.

I see this card doing a bit better than the last FOX show, it will not have as much competition, more names and a preview show. It may still do crap and not as good as the UFC should be pulling, but they should learn eventually.

Anyone else hoping this show does well just so Supremo stops with his boring 'this will fail' rants? Give it a rest and enjoy thw fights you boring fucker.

Where have I said I didn't enjoy the fights? And how is it a rant? Someone brought something up and I discussed it. Apologies it doesn't match your normal level of shit discussion though, completely lacking in any type of subtance or thought whatsoever.

NOW THEN NOW THEN

_55587426_savile1_bodybbc.jpg

• Paid Members

:laugh:

I never said you didnt enjoy the fights. Its just the over analysis of everything, people are offering thoughts and your response is basically 'wrong! It will fail'. Looking over buy rates and breaking down numbers? Is a depressing way to enjoy the sport.

That's what Supremo does though, Ebb. You know that. He rarely posts simply to discuss in-cage content or about fights he would like to see booked unless it's to do with what ratings they'll pull or how many buys they'll get.

The truth is, he's correct about the format of the UFC television show being all wrong at the minute, but he doesn't seem to understand that just because the rest of us aren't actively shitting on the shows doesn't mean that we don't agree with him.

I agree with him, and have said that Forrest vs Tito should have headlined this show, and others have agreed, so we do see his point.

I think it's safe to say that the rest of us simply don't care as much as he does.

• Paid Members
:laugh:

I never said you didnt enjoy the fights. Its just the over analysis of everything, people are offering thoughts and your response is basically 'wrong! It will fail'. Looking over buy rates and breaking down numbers? Is a depressing way to enjoy the sport.

What the fuck are you going on about? There was a disussion on whether a show would succeed or not in the ratings, which I joined in on. Not only is it a completely relevant and valid discussion, but one in which it's kind of hard to debate without, you know, mentioning ratings. And my response isn't a simple "wrong it will fail!" at all. People offer thoughts, I reply, attempt to back my thoughts up with substance, so on and so forth. It's called discussion. You know, which involves insight and analysis. If you have a problem with it or me, yet nothing to add to the discussion, then why not just PM me?

I care about ratings and buyrates. It always interests me as to what and who people will pay for. I also want the UFC and MMA to do well, and grow into a sport a wider audience can enjoy, I love the feeling of a weekend where a Lesnar or Sonnen is fighting and you turn on your laptop and it is everywhere on Facebook, Twitter and Yahoo.

However, no matter what if I still enjoy the product and am interested, I will continue to watch. I have enjoyed shows like the Aldo Brazil card that have posted crap numbers, but that does not take away much from my enjoyment.

• Moderators

Stop being a twat. Thanks.

• Paid Members

What do we think the UFC's Heavyweight division rankings look like right now?

JDS

Cain

Overeem

Werdum?

Nog?

Carwin?

Top 3 are pretty easy but there's a lot of interesting prospects underneath. If Struve wins in Nottingham I can see him getting a big fight next.

Archived