The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

Fucking hell Dana doesn't make all the decisions, Lorenzo owns more of the company and he's hardly a silent partner, Dana is just the face of the company.

Agreed. Does anyone really think with Dana White's schedule when flying from city to city all over the world doing press conferences etc etc that he's sitting there thinking "those fuckers on the internet posting those GIF images are going to pay!!!!". Of course he won't be. The UFC are a billion dollar organisation and it will be their licensing team who will be responsible for this.

:thumbsup:

I call bullshit. Everything is Dana. Dana is the one that gives UK fans these poor cards every time they come to the UK with the MASSIVE PPV's they do over here and the MASSIVE amounts of money they get from the UK market from their ESPN deal rather than us paying $50 for each card like those Americans do. Dana OWES us everything. I EXPECT Anderson Silva vs GSP to take place in the UK, and if it doesn't, it's all Dana's fault. Dana is definitely the one searching the Internet himself for these GIF files.

Hell, even the Frank Mir vs Mirko Cro Cop disappointment is all Dana's fault

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terry Etim out of his fight with Joe Lauzon at UFC on Fox 4 on the 4th of August.

When a fight falls tru on FOX, I should be upset. But Etim? Who cares?

UFC ON FOX 4 is gonna bomb... sadly.

Terry Etim out of his fight with Joe Lauzon at UFC on Fox 4 on the 4th of August.

UFC ON FOX 4 is gonna bomb... sadly.

Hmm. Barboza could use a rebound fight, wonder if he'd step in?

UFC on FOX 4 won't bomb. It has a big star in Shogun main eventing, and two guys in the top 10 at LHW in the co-main. Personally, I'd swap the co-main and the main event, I think Machida vs Bader is the more appealing fight to the casual fan. But the card won't suffer for losing Etim, LW is a great division, so many options for replacements. Even some FW's could take a LW fight at short notice. Siver, Oliveira, Pearson. Actually, where the fuck is Cerrone? He's the best replacement choice by far.

• Paid Members

Can't see why anyone will think it'll bomb because Etim is off the card. As above it's a pretty loaded show with Rua and Machida on board.

I can't see any of those FW's you listed going up to 155 though. Seems the wrong move when trying to make a mark in a new division. I like the idea of a Cerrone or Barboza mind.

• Paid Members

1SinN6 is the world's most miserable MMA fan, instead of actually enjoying what he's given he just sits around hoping everything fails.

oh, the trailer for the Kevin James film Here Comes The Boom has hit the youtube too, it's MMA themed, check it.

• Paid Members

The SFL have signed UK prospect Michael Page, the dude that lit up the message boards with his flashy style earlier in the year.

SFL and One FC are putting on some decent shit, im hoping they pick up some kind of US TV deal so we can decemt versions of these shows after they take place.

Bibiano Fernandes is the latest big name to turn down the UFC too, hes swerved and signed with One FC.

• Paid Members

Ah balls, I was really looking forward to seeing Bibiano Fernandes in the UFC.

I care, Etim vs Lauzon would've been a fucking good fight. Isn't that why we watch, to see good fights? What's your problem with Etim?

• Paid Members
Olympic medalist and Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey will pose nude in the upcoming edition of ESPN the Magazine's "The Body" issue, hitting newsstands on July 13, 2012.

I repeat

Olympic medalist and Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey will pose nude in the upcoming edition of ESPN the Magazine's "The Body" issue, hitting newsstands on July 13, 2012.

13353238361d0ff9_l.gif

Archived