The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Paid Members

I'd be quite happy with Anik and Rogan. Florian's easily the worst of the four for me. He has a few bits of interesting insight but he doesn't half labour to get fully formed thoughts out.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1036584-7M0VFAL.gif

Roger Huerta was knocked out via soccer kick at One FC by Zorobabel Moreira

:confused: Huerta's fall continues, that was f'n harsh.

I just watched the fight, the ref's at fault for that. He should have been stepping in to save Huerta from himself towards the end. Moreira was fucking destroying Huerta on the feet but Huerta is too brave for his own good he kept trying to come back, but the ref should have been looking to step in.

• Paid Members
I touched on this in the FX 4 thread but didn't wanna derail it. Is anyone else really sidk of the backlash against Carlos Condit since the Diaz fight?

Ignore it.

MMA diehard's are a strange bunch. They'll follow the sport till the end but they are so f'n fickle and abusive, that like we said in one of the other threads it's damn near unbearable to go near the Sherdog boards, The Underground or the comment sections on Junkie/Mania etc. which is where you'll see these kinda of comments. Thing is, the same bellends that slag off Condit would cream themselves if they met him in person, it's a weird fucking dynamic.

It's best to just avoid them places, the UKFF is the best place ive been for MMA discussion, i might be giving it a little bit of homefield bias, but at least we chat sensibly on here, there's the odd disagreement but it's all good spirited shit. The Condit situation sums it up, the fight split opinion on here but you aint had anyone come in just spouting trolly abuse.

The discussion going on the in the FX thread is another example.

• Paid Members

Yeah defo agreed. I try not to read that shite but I always end up seeing it somewhere. It's right aswell, if they met Condit they'd be saying they're his biggest fan and all that bollocks. Rashad Evans said something recently like that, how everyone he ever meets says how big of a fan of his they are and then when he's in the arena he gets booed out of the place.

Fickle is the word. If Condit pulls the upset and beats GSP these fuckers will be back on his bandwagon and claiming they knew all along he could do it. Twats, the lot of them.

• Paid Members

Say goodbye to the UFC Gifs. Dana and the UFC legal team have just issued legal cease and desists to Zombie Propheet and the Iron sharpens Iron site which hosts them. They state that the use of any amount of UFC footage is a breach of copyright etc.

Yeah defo agreed. I try not to read that shite but I always end up seeing it somewhere. It's right aswell, if they met Condit they'd be saying they're his biggest fan and all that bollocks. Rashad Evans said something recently like that, how everyone he ever meets says how big of a fan of his they are and then when he's in the arena he gets booed out of the place.

Fickle is the word. If Condit pulls the upset and beats GSP these fuckers will be back on his bandwagon and claiming they knew all along he could do it. Twats, the lot of them.

The fact he has 2 decisions wins on his record and 13 KO's and 13 Submissions probably doesn't matter to these people, they only really remember your most famous fight. Dan Henderson used to be called "decision Dan" by some in his Pride days but now he is seen as what a fighter should be nowadays.

• Paid Members
Fucking hell Dana doesn't make all the decisions, Lorenzo owns more of the company and he's hardly a silent partner, Dana is just the face of the company.

Agreed. Does anyone really think with Dana White's schedule when flying from city to city all over the world doing press conferences etc etc that he's sitting there thinking "those fuckers on the internet posting those GIF images are going to pay!!!!". Of course he won't be. The UFC are a billion dollar organisation and it will be their licensing team who will be responsible for this.

• Paid Members
Fucking hell Dana doesn't make all the decisions, Lorenzo owns more of the company and he's hardly a silent partner, Dana is just the face of the company.

Agreed. Does anyone really think with Dana White's schedule when flying from city to city all over the world doing press conferences etc etc that he's sitting there thinking "those fuckers on the internet posting those GIF images are going to pay!!!!". Of course he won't be. The UFC are a billion dollar organisation and it will be their licensing team who will be responsible for this.

:thumbsup:

Doc, I was following you on Twitter over the weekend, and I can't understand why you're so against soccer kicks to the head. PRIDE allowed soccer kicks forever, and I never heard of anyone being seriously injured. So what gives?

• Paid Members

yeh they did a similar thing in Cage Rage over here, apparently the ref makes a signal to allow fighters to kick a downed opponent or stomp. It's a shaky f'n rule and im glad it's not really used anymore.

In the Huerta case apparently Moreira looked for the signal, the ref signalled not to kick, Moreira misintetpreted it and punted Huerta into unconciousness. It probably should have been classed as a DQ, but that's not the point.

• Paid Members
Fight Camp Insider with Matt Serra

Episode 1 Chael Sonnen!

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2012/06/22/fight-c...-episode-video/

great stuff.

I could honestly watch Matt Serra babble on all day, he's a funny guy...him and Longo are a great double act.

...and if anyone needs to show anyone proof that Chael Sonnen plays a character when hyping fights show them this video.

Archived