Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I did like Man of Steel, yes.

I enjoyed it more than any other celluloid incarnation of the character.

I was excited about Dawn of Justice until I saw the Ninja Turtle. I equate it to being with a stunning lass who you've fancied for years. You get her, and it's all about to go off, she disrobes and she has hairy nipples or an 'outy' bullet hole that looks like an onion top. You do the do, but you're a bit let down and deflated with no desire to repeat the action at any time, even though she may well find a mole that sits atop your right conker on you ballbag a turn off, too.

You get what I'm saying?

Already has a 9.6 rating on IMDB. Love how people get wrapped up in hype.

Don't get me wrong, can't wait to see it and I'm sure I'll love it, but to just have your blinkers on and just view as perfection just because you like it is always hilarious.

I wonder if critics who give it anything less than 5 stars will get death threats like they did with The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Daredevil s2 is awesome. I watched all 13 episodes on Friday. It feels a little bit less like a self contained story than season 1 but that's not a knock. It's a bit like they took all of Jessica Jones action budget and put it into this bad boy. Some of it feels a little plot holey and occasionally the dialogue is hammy but over all its pretty freaking awesome. There's two seriously stand out fight sequences that rival the first seasons hallway scene.

The Punisher needs a Netflix series of his own. He's seriously compelling. If only they were in Civil War.

• Paid Members

I watched episode 1 of Daredevil this morning and I struggled through it. It seems a little too dark for my liking. I'm not taking about the plot, more that I seemed to be struggling to focus on what was going on because everything happened in a dark room, dark corridor or in the rain at night. I'm going to give it a few more episodes to see if it grips me, because I really want to see how The Punisher is handled in Season 2.

• Paid Members

Goosebumps, Bellers. Bernthals Punisher gave me goosebumps and nearly made me weep with joy.

Especially during episodes 3 & 4.

The scene where's had the drill put through his foot and it turns out he let them kidnap him and was playing possum may be the most 'Punisher' thing they've ever managed to do in 3 films. I love that they've managed to make him into a full on nutjob *shotgun to the face*  

• Paid Members

Goosebumps, Bellers. Bernthals Punisher gave me goosebumps and nearly made me weep with joy.

Especially during episodes 3 & 4.

The scene where's had the drill put through his foot and it turns out he let them kidnap him and was playing possum may be the most 'Punisher' thing they've ever managed to do in 3 films. I love that they've managed to make him into a full on nutjob *shotgun to the face*  

I've only seen the first 4 episodes but it seems like the writers went through Garth Ennis's Punisher run and picked out their favourite moments and used them for the show, including the hidden blade in his forearm. Great stuff.