Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
OK i saw man of steel and unless i missed something the whole film is one giant plot hole. If someone could correct me that would be awesome as i quite liked it apart from the below that ruined it.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

So in a blind panic, Baby clark is sent to earth with his S key. The one thing that can unlock the whole reason for him being there. But unless i missed something, Crowe had no idea that there was a crashed ship under 16 tons of ice? So in affect he sent superman to a planet with a real chance he would never find out what the S key was for let alone be able use it and talk to him. Superman only went to find the ship after overhearing a bunch of jar heads in a bar? Thats a hell of a chance to take isnt it?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Its been bugging me since i saw it.

The S key was like a multi purpose individual key that would act with any Kryptonian technology, (did they use it with his baby ship? I don't remember, but it did get used on Zod's ship). Jor-El had no idea that Supes would ever get to use it and he could well have gone his whole life with no idea who he was, but if they were going to send him away with one thing it would be that as it's his identity key and in the unlikely chance he did ever find any Kryptonian tech (which luckily he did) he could use it with it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

So i didnt miss anything then. The big question is would he still have been "superman" without knowing everything, or would he carried on being a waiter and fisherman. IMO its such a huge hole i dont know if i can get past it. I will wait till its out on DVD and try it again.

• Paid Members
Chris Pratt from Parks and Recreation "before" and during his training to be the lead in Guardians of the Galaxy

He's gone from being good looking for a funny chubby dude to being just as hunky as any established movie stud

metmz7t.jpg

WOW.

I need a movie role like that to get in shape

OK i saw man of steel and unless i missed something the whole film is one giant plot hole. If someone could correct me that would be awesome as i quite liked it apart from the below that ruined it.

So in a blind panic, Baby clark is sent to earth with his S key. The one thing that can unlock the whole reason for him being there. But unless i missed something, Crowe had no idea that there was a crashed ship under 16 tons of ice? So in affect he sent superman to a planet with a real chance he would never find out what the S key was for let alone be able use it and talk to him. Superman only went to find the ship after overhearing a bunch of jar heads in a bar? Thats a hell of a chance to take isnt it?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Its been bugging me since i saw it.

The S key was like a multi purpose individual key that would act with any Kryptonian technology, (did they use it with his baby ship? I don't remember, but it did get used on Zod's ship). Jor-El had no idea that Supes would ever get to use it and he could well have gone his whole life with no idea who he was, but if they were going to send him away with one thing it would be that as it's his identity key and in the unlikely chance he did ever find any Kryptonian tech (which luckily he did) he could use it with it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

So i didnt miss anything then. The big question is would he still have been "superman" without knowing everything, or would he carried on being a waiter and fisherman. IMO its such a huge hole i dont know if i can get past it. I will wait till its out on DVD and try it again.

Before they sent Kal, Jor-El shows his wife Earth and they both are aware there's life on Earth and are knowledgable in regards to the planet. What was in the Artic was a Kryptonian Scout ship, and presumably the exact same equipment that gave Krpyton that knowledge of Earth to begin with so Jor-El would already be aware that there was a Scout Ship on Earth that Kal would presumably be drawn towards?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
http://m.totalfilm.com/news/ryan-reynolds-...-deadpool-movie

Minor update on the Deadpool movie

Same old shit to be honest. It'll never get made.

Although I watched Ultimate Spider Man last night and Deadpool's appearance was world fucking class.

A magnificent change for Pratt, but he seriously needs work on his arms.

• Awards Moderator

I saw Man of Steel at the weekend. My local has "we can't afford Imax but enjoy this honking great screen instead, it's just as good!" To be fair it is a large screen and very immersive. Jolly good show.

The film?

The first third is so much more interesting than the rest. The Krypton stuff, those interwoven flashbacks, the self-discipline over the powers... all good. They then hint at doing something really interesting by contrasting Jor-El's "he will be a god to them" with the reality of Supes being captured, but throw it away in favour of a big bad nemesis doing hurty bad things. This is solved by lots and lots of punching (how did he learn to get good at blocking?). That isn't to take away from Michael Shannon, what a forehead. Someone buy that guy a puppy, I'd like to see him smile. I really like the Kryptonian armour design, and all those fleshy helmets.

That last bit reads back a lot worse than I'd hoped.

Man of Steel finished a lot better than Returns though, so that's good. And no tedious reliance on weakness to Kryptonite, which is just dull.

And great hairy balls, how fat is Larry Fishburne?

I'm also the last person on the planet to see the Avengers film. HOWEVER I've also badly missed out on all the Marvel films of the last five years, but Avengers intrigues me because it's a Whedon project. I understand it works better if you've seen the preceding Marvel exploits so I'd like to see it that way. Could someone list for me the best order to watch them in? Assume I've seen none of them, that's pretty safe.

• Moderators

Hulk was decent fun. Pretty cartoony, reminded me of that Incredible Hulk game on the PS2, but that game was amazing so that's not a bad thing. I still haven't seen Captain America and that didn't ruin my enjoyment of Avengers. Thor is gash, but most linked to Avengers storyline wise so probably necessary.

• Paid Members

Regarding the body transformation right at the top of the page, if somebody is wangling a couple of million in your face, you'd be in that gym 24/7. It would be a workout like the Ivan Drago training montage daily.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

There's really only two parts of the Incredible Hulk that have any bearing to the Avengers flick.

The first isn't worth a pox and I'm not sure if it's even a thing, but there's lightning involved. The second is after the flick has finished.

There's also another one that's a deleted/alternate intro scene but that's shit.

I've said it before and now I say it again : Tne thing I absolutely hated about the Avengers flick - and I did really enjoy it on the whole - was Hawkeye's incessant, and majoritarily (is that a word? If not, it fucking should be) nonsensical use of his bow and arrow.

There's really only two parts of the Incredible Hulk that have any bearing to the Avengers flick.

The first isn't worth a pox and I'm not sure if it's even a thing, but there's lightning involved. The second is after the flick has finished.

There's also another one that's a deleted/alternate intro scene but that's shit.

I've said it before and now I say it again : Tne thing I absolutely hated about the Avengers flick - and I did really enjoy it on the whole - was Hawkeye's incessant, and majoritarily (is that a word? If not, it fucking should be) nonsensical use of his bow and arrow.

Isn't that Hawkeye's gimmick anyway?