Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

This has probably been brought up/posted somewhere in this thread already but sod it. Just watching this interview with William Regal on YouTube and it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=KW8ZClp0bJk

Worth a watch if you've got an hour and a half to kill. I'm only about halfway through but I found his stories about breaking into the business, the World Of Sport days, the tryout with WWF in 1991 at the Royal Albert Hall etc really interesting.

Loved his story of first meeting Dusty Rhodes when he went to WCW in 1993;

"I walk into the room and Dusty Rhodes is sat on a chair completely naked except for a pair of cowboy boots. Looking like a melted sundae. Just sat there, not a pound hanging the right way. In a pair of cowboy boots. And I said 'Hello Mr Rhodes, I'm Steve Regal'. And he goes 'Thteven...', and this security guy had come and stood next to him, he went 'I'm just like Whitney Houston. I got my own bodyguard'. And that was it. He never said anything else. I just stood there for a minute, and I just walked out. What can you say, right? There's nothing to top that with. What a welcome."

"Looking like a melted sundae" :laugh:

Regal seems like a top bloke. I'm sure those of you who've met him can vouch for that. In a business that's full of weirdos and fuckups, he seems like one of the most normal wrestlers around. Like someone you could have a pint with and he wouldn't burn your eyebrows off for a laugh or try to bum you when you're passed out drunk. He comes across as a normal bloke. I'm sure he's got his weird side but compared to most wrestlers, he seems surprisingly sane considering how long he's been involved in the wrestling business.

Just watched Teddy Long's RF shoot earlier. I liked the story about Vader in WCW when he injured some jobber during a match and the guy told Vader that he had hurt his back and needed to end the match so typical Vader being a prick picked him up and slammed him a couple of times before throwing him out of the ring. Anyway when he got to the back Orndorff punched the shit out of Vader for being a cunt. But Long reckons Orndorff just used the opportunity because Vader had been pissing him off for days behind the scenes.

Edited by The Clint

I assume this was another occassion whereby Orndoff rinsed Vader in WcW??

Old Orndoff by all accounts was abit of a handy b****d wasnt he? Wasnt there a story whereby Dynamite Kidd got a hiding off him or something?? Basically acted like a c**t insulted his arm atrophy and then got a hiding?

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

O wow.

So Raven has a new set of vids coming out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=201&v=TumlLw7J9wc

Seems to be the kind of thing he would make Meanie and Richards do in ECW to make himself laugh, rather than trying to get these guys over.

Edited by quote the raven

This has probably been brought up/posted somewhere in this thread already but sod it. Just watching this interview with William Regal on YouTube and it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=KW8ZClp0bJk

Worth a watch if you've got an hour and a half to kill. I'm only about halfway through but I found his stories about breaking into the business, the World Of Sport days, the tryout with WWF in 1991 at the Royal Albert Hall etc really interesting.

Loved his story of first meeting Dusty Rhodes when he went to WCW in 1993;

"I walk into the room and Dusty Rhodes is sat on a chair completely naked except for a pair of cowboy boots. Looking like a melted sundae. Just sat there, not a pound hanging the right way. In a pair of cowboy boots. And I said 'Hello Mr Rhodes, I'm Steve Regal'. And he goes 'Thteven...', and this security guy had come and stood next to him, he went 'I'm just like Whitney Houston. I got my own bodyguard'. And that was it. He never said anything else. I just stood there for a minute, and I just walked out. What can you say, right? There's nothing to top that with. What a welcome."

"Looking like a melted sundae" :laugh:

Regal seems like a top bloke. I'm sure those of you who've met him can vouch for that. In a business that's full of weirdos and fuckups, he seems like one of the most normal wrestlers around. Like someone you could have a pint with and he wouldn't burn your eyebrows off for a laugh or try to bum you when you're passed out drunk. He comes across as a normal bloke. I'm sure he's got his weird side but compared to most wrestlers, he seems surprisingly sane considering how long he's been involved in the wrestling business.

Still disappointed he had to pull out of his Evening With...in Notts. Robbie Brookside was quality tho. I'm still not eaten cottage cheese since.

• 3 months later...

I'm just watching the Raven's Rrestler (!!) Rescue....it's the 2nd episode with the Big Ben guy and I've just had to pause it to look on here for any comments about how cringey it is. I'm only up to their first meeting and the whole interaction about him not really being a big guy is just awkward. This guy has no spark to him at all so far at least. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for somewhere that I can stream shoots? Highspots.tv isn't accepting new members so can't sign up to that which is really annoying.

Are you looking at http://highspots.tv/

I believe that is the old site. I tried to sign up there too but it appears there is a new site

https://www.highspotswrestlingnetwork.com

This appears to be accepting subscriptions and has a load of new stuff up including 140 shoots. There is an option to scroll through the content currently uploaded.

BTW, there are quite a few good things up on youtube (none rf or highspots ones). One of the best ones I found was a Oscar from Men on Mission shoot which was quite interesting

Edited by bboy123

That highspots site looks well tasty, I was flicking through the content there last night and there is a shit tone of incredible shoots ext.

wxw shows, czy, pwg 

This ill have myself a little try of that, it will keep me occupied at 5am when my son is keeping me up 

• 1 month later...