THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Awards Moderator
Contrary to popular belief I am around a fair bit, I just read/lurk and make sure nothing is hugely broken :) .

Well lurky-boy, it would be good if we could sort something out on the mobile front. Get it a bit more usable on a phone. It would shut Butchy up moaning about images for one.

But it does do that horrible thing on some resolutions where the text line-spacing overlaps. And it'd be nice to be able to disable images, make stuff generally a bit easier to use.

The choices are things like a CSS skin, or a service like Tapatalk.

Any thoughts on this?

• Admin

http://ukff.com/lofiversion works for me. Also I turn off all avatars and sig images in my preferences personally speaking.

I don't believe in apps for forums but mobile skins make sense, I will upgrade us it just takes a little time and preparation. I also want to move our hosting as the current one is stretched and also rather expensive.

• Awards Moderator
http://ukff.com/lofiversion works for me. Also I turn off all avatars and sig images in my preferences personally speaking.

I don't believe in apps for forums but mobile skins make sense, I will upgrade us it just takes a little time and preparation. I also want to move our hosting as the current one is stretched and also rather expensive.

Ta. I think there's a halfway house in there somewhere where you can select avatars, sigs, embedded images etc with a decent skin. Not a fan of apps either, just aware it's probably the easiest to implement.

NeoGAF has a brilliant mobile skin with lots of fiddly options. Harder to build, but a good one to aspire to.

If you want a spare pair of hands with any of this just let me know.

Agreed, I love the white background. Brilliant work Surf.

I would say if the white background is used the the white splodge between the 'N' & 'F' needs to be less prominent. Maybe blend it in a little with the purpley/black background.

ukff-mania-white2_zps19d84aff.jpg

When are we getting this? I guess Moo's drifted off on his magic carpet again.