THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

I asked that a couple of weeks ago, and got no response. Something's up and I don't like it.

Is it the same bastard who picked off Carbomb? We've got a forum serial killer on the loose.

Vote: Mike Castle

Seriously though where did he go as well?

Edit: And on a similar subject what happened to all the Mafia-Scum threads? Did the game(s) just die off or was there an actual ban on them or something?

Edited by insert_name_here

• Paid Members
I asked that a couple of weeks ago, and got no response. Something's up and I don't like it.

Is it the same bastard who picked off Carbomb? We've got a forum serial killer on the loose.

Moved house and doesn't yet have internet access sorted, from what I last heard.

Moved house and doesn't yet have internet access sorted, from what I last heard.

It's the Christmas gift that keeps on giving.

• Paid Members
I've got a question that might turn into a debate, is it possible for a rule to be put in place that states that when quoting another web-site you've got to say who the source is in the post as well?

The Chili Dog Rule.

• Paid Members
I've got a question that might turn into a debate, is it possible for a rule to be put in place that states that when quoting another web-site you've got to say who the source is in the post as well?

Nigh on impossible to enforce though, isn't it? Direct C&P of, for instance results I have no problem with, and as for source of rumours/"inside gossip" then while "Source = fapfapfap.com" is preferable to "my mate said this in the pub, can't remember where he read it," there will still be plenty of the latter anyway. I suppose direct C&P full articles without credit is a bit lame, but I can't imagine anyone having little life enough that they hit "report" over it. Plus for the mods to enforce a punishment they have to investigate the source to check the report is genuine? Ballache.

I guess one of two things prompts the desire for such a rule :

(1) Someone says some goss and it's frustrating to not know whether its from a site or just pub talk, in which case take everything with a pinch of salt until it comes to pass, or

(2) The quoting of stuff by a mole from a paid membership forum or newsletter, which depends strongly on your views on piracy = theft and that if people want the benefits of said news, they should pay for it themselves.

Can't see a rule coming, mainly because it's near impossible and tiresome to enforce.