Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Bellators viewership doubled this week, and them viewers got to see one of the fights of the year, excellent stuff.

Yeh Alvarez now needs to re-enter a tournament, ive had a love-hate relationship with Bellator's concept but seeing this title fights happening in the past couple of weeks have swayed me to the positive side again, it's fucking great. The title fights have a genuine meaning behind them when they happen, then things get earned the hardway, no shortcuts.

• Paid Members

Ok can someone recommend me some of Bellator's best shows/best fights to watch from this year? I've been meaning to catch up for ages and the Alvarez vs Chandler fight has got me wanting to see more. I've liked what I've seen of Douglas Lima in MFC and Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire seems like my kind of fighter so I'd be interested in some of their fights aswell.

I've got tomorrow off so I'm gonna get downloading a bunch of Bellator stuff I've missed the last few months but there's so many shows there's no way I'm gonna be able to get through 'em all. So any help from the Bellator regulars on what I need to see most would be great.

Cheers

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

bellator.gif

thoughts on the finish to the Eric Prindle/Thiago Santos finish? i'll be honest i thought the kick landed more up the arse area of Prindle and i was surprised they didn't make more of a reference to that on the broadcast (you can see Santos argue his case on the gif), but apparently one of Prindle's testicles swelled up to twice it's size.

It's weird to think that a guy of Prindle's size and power would look for a way out of a fight but that's feeling i got whilst watching, he wasn't doing well and i thought maybe he was looking for a DQ, still the injury does look like it was legit.

• Paid Members
Ok can someone recommend me some of Bellator's best shows/best fights to watch from this year? I've been meaning to catch up for ages and the Alvarez vs Chandler fight has got me wanting to see more. I've liked what I've seen of Douglas Lima in MFC and Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire seems like my kind of fighter so I'd be interested in some of their fights aswell.

I've got tomorrow off so I'm gonna get downloading a bunch of Bellator stuff I've missed the last few months but there's so many shows there's no way I'm gonna be able to get through 'em all. So any help from the Bellator regulars on what I need to see most would be great.

Cheers

sorry i too a while getting back to you, here's a few that are worth watching for various reasons...try going in spoiler-free :p

Waachim Spiritwolf vs. Jaime Jara Bellator 35

Michael Chander vs. Marcin Held Bellator 36

Patricy Freire vs. Rob McCullough Bellator 36

Richard Hale vs. Nik Fetete Bellator 38

Ben Saunders vs. Matt Lee Bellator 39

Patricky Freire vs. Toby Imada Bellator 39

Joe Warren vs. Marcos Galvao Bellator 41

Michael Chandler vs. Patricky Freire Bellator44

Marlon Sandro vs. Genair da Silva Bellator 46

Neil Grove vs. Zak Jensen Bellator 47

Pat Curran vs. Marlon Sandro Bellator 48

Marcos Galvao vs. Chase Beebe Bellator 51

Joe Warren vs. Alexis Villa Bellator 51

Blagoi Ivanov vs. Zak Jensen Bellator 52

Douglas Lima vs. Chris Lozano Bellator 53

Ben Saunders vs. Luis Santos Bellator 53

Alexander Shlemeno vs. Brian Rogers Bellator 54

Ben Askren vs. Jay Hieron Bellator 56

Alexandre Bezerra vs. Doug Evans Bellator 57

Douglas Lima vs. Ben Saunders Bellator 57

Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez Bellator 58

Marcin Held vs. Phillipe Nover Bellator 59

there's several others ive clearly missed, but my memories a little hazy going back over the year. New Years Resolution for 2012?...watch more Bellator! :)

bellator.gif

thoughts on the finish to the Eric Prindle/Thiago Santos finish? i'll be honest i thought the kick landed more up the arse area of Prindle and i was surprised they didn't make more of a reference to that on the broadcast (you can see Santos argue his case on the gif), but apparently one of Prindle's testicles swelled up to twice it's size.

It's weird to think that a guy of Prindle's size and power would look for a way out of a fight but that's feeling i got whilst watching, he wasn't doing well and i thought maybe he was looking for a DQ, still the injury does look like it was legit.

Yeah I thought the exact same in honesty mate...as soon as the kick lands Prindle goes ''oooh...hey...(laughs slightly)....oww'' then with a delay almost as though he realised he could get a cheeky 5 minute breather he did a token rollover onto his front before progressively hamming it up more and more.

It was a moment of idiocy by Santos in the first place but I did get the overwhelming feeling that Prindle knew he had little to no chance so took the easy option out hoping for a DQ at best.

I've struggled to keep up with my Bellator watching this year myself, but a few additional recommendations:

Daniel Straus vs Nazareno Malegarie (Bellator 37)

Wilson Reis vs Zac George (Bellator 37)

DJ Linderman vs Raphael Davis (Bellator 38)

Wilson Reis vs Patricio Pitbull (Bellator 41)

Josh Arocho vs Ronnie Mann (Bellator 42)

I'd also suggest watching all of Bellator 36; Chandler/Held is a good one rounder, Hunt/Aguilar from the prelims is decent, there is the very good Patricky Pitbull/Razor Rob fight, then they aired Spiritwolf/Jara from the previous week (it had a good first round, though it slowed after that but is bloody aswell).

• Paid Members

Thanks for the help Ebb and Magnum, much appreciated :thumbsup:

I never got round to downloading any stuff but I'm gonna get on it tonight and try and get all that stuff you guys listed and start catching up over the weekend.

A lot of them fights I don't know the results cos I've deliberately tried to avoid spoilers but inevitably while looking on various sites, I'd hear some results/see gifs of big KO's/subs and hear about certain fights etc.

I'm deffo gonna try and keep on top of my Bellator viewing starting from next season.

• Paid Members
Is there any sensible reason why Bellator think that putting their shows on a Saturday night, many times up against a UFC show, is good business?

well they do put on shows earlier when it's up against the UFC, so they don't go up against the PPV but they do go on the same time as prelims/facebook prelims etc. Bellator would probably be better off moving to a Friday night if you ask me, but it aint as easy as just moving it.

The promotion's ratings ended big for the end of this season though so maybe it's a sign that people are starting to catch on, on the whole though it's been wildly inconsistent with no real pattern as to why some weeks people watch and others people don't.

bellator.gif

Yeah I thought the exact same in honesty mate...as soon as the kick lands Prindle goes ''oooh...hey...(laughs slightly)....oww'' then with a delay almost as though he realised he could get a cheeky 5 minute breather he did a token rollover onto his front before progressively hamming it up more and more.

It was a moment of idiocy by Santos in the first place but I did get the overwhelming feeling that Prindle knew he had little to no chance so took the easy option out hoping for a DQ at best.

unless i see a picture of Prindle's nuts im liable to agree. Although as i said before, Eric Prindle doesn't seem the type of guy to bail out easily.

• Paid Members

Yeh id say season 5 was their best one so far. Best to get to know the current roster too.

From Season 6, Bellator moves to Friday nights, good move!! Be able to get em to lead into live UFC's too, outstanding.

• Paid Members

Moving to Fridays is a smart move. With how many UFC's are being added to the schedule it would probably hurt their viewing figures keeping them on Saturdays.

Read on Junkie that it will still probably go up against TUF when TUF goes live on FX next year though.

• Paid Members

Been watching some of that Bellator stuff you guys recommended and I'm loving it.

I watched Spiritwolf vs Jara from Bellator 35, fuck one of the bloodiest fights I've seen. If Dawn French was on her period and squatted in the middle of the cage, that's probably the amount of blood we're talking. Manky.

Also watched the whole of Bellator 36 the other day and a few more fights since. 36 was great, probably one of my favourite MMA shows this year and that's saying a lot for a year so stacked.

The Freire brothers are fucking killers. Fuck weight classes I wanna see the Freire's vs The Diaz brothers tag team MMA style.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Watched Nazareno Malegarie vs Daniel Straus from Bellator 37 just now. Fuck me ragged, what a fight. All action with both guys going all out for the win and the fight showcases every area of MMA. I'm gonna do my best to keep on top of Bellator starting next season. I'm enjoying the shit out of these.

This has probably cracked my top 10 fights of the year.

Freire vs McCullough from 36 would have too but they slacked off a tad in round 2. Still a tremendous fight though and would certainly not be far below the top 10. Great first round and one of the best KO's of the year for me. I'd seen the gif of the KO at the time but watching it in the context of the fight is always better.