Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

BellatorPoster61.jpg

this week!

another doozy of a card. Bit of a grudge match up top which is always nice. I dunno where i stand on the whole Prindle incident in the first fight. There's no doubt Santos was handling him, but Prindle just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would quit (as Santos is saying). The kick was definitly questionable though, there's part of me that thinks that Prindle saw it as a way to grab a DQ win, but who f'n knows?? Glad its happening again.

Miquel Falcao too! been looking forward to seeing that guy again since the UFC debacle, excited about that.

• Paid Members

Yeah I can't wait to see how Falcao looks in Bellator. The little I've seen of him he's looked like a killer, but the wild side of him is something I hope he tones down. Hopefully he puts all the nutty behaviour behind him now because he's clearly got some skills. The way he handled Gerald Harris, who was thought to be a good prospect at the time, showed that.

Santos vs Prindle should be entertaining but I can't see it going much different this time. Well hopefully no dodgy ending but I think Santos will get the better of it. It's good that the rematch is happening though, to put that last fight to bed and settle it properly.

• Paid Members

Santos vs Prindle 2 is off at the last minute :angry: Falcao vs Paraisy is the main event now. Main card now looks like this

Maiquel Falcao vs Norman Paraisy

Vitor Vianna vs Brian Rogers

Vyacheslav Vasilevsky vs Victor O'Donnell

Giva Santana vs Bruno Santos

Still a nice looking night of fights there. Falcao very narrowly missed weight yesterday on the first attemot and fight was nearly off aswell. Luckily he made the weight the second time or that would have really fucked things up.

• Paid Members

Anyone see Bellator 61?

Was a tad underwhelmed by Falcao's fight. He clearly won and he looked great in spells but again like the Gerald Harris fight he seemed to slack off at times. I think Paraisy is someone he should have been able to finish, but then again we've seen before in these tournaments that some guys hold back sometimes knowing they've gotta fight again soon.

Brian Rogers' flying knee on Vitor Vianna was the higlight of the night no doubt

2cia0iu.gif

Bellator 66 in April now looks like this

Eddie Alvarez vs. Shinya Aoki

Brian Rogers vs. Bruno Santos (Middleweight Semi Final)

Maiquel Falcao vs. Vyacheslav Vasilevsky (Middleweight Semi Final)

Aisling Daly vs. Jessica Eye

Can't wait for Alvarez/Aoki 2. It's a really interesting fight, the first fight was so short and Alvarez got caught so quick I have no idea how this one is gonna go. Plus Alvarez is gonna be coming off that loss to Chandler while Aoki's riding an impressive winning streak. Alvarez can put himself right back on track with a win here and avenging the last fight at the same time.

Falcao vs Vasilevsky could be fun too. If we get a Rogers/Falcao final there could be some serious fireworks there.

Next week's Bellator 62 looks good, Santos/Prindle 2 has been re-scheduled for that card now.

Eric Prindle vs. Thiago Santos (Season 5 Heavyweight Final Rematch)

Patricky "Pitbull" Freire vs. Lloyd Woodard (Lightweight Opening Round)

Rick Hawn vs. Ricardo Tirloni (Lightweight Opening Round)

J.J. Ambrose vs. Brent Weedman (Lightweight Opening Round)

Thiago Michel vs. Rene Nazare (Lightweight Opening Round)

Really looking forward to seeing Pitbull fight again and to see Rick Hawn at 155.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I actually thought Maiquel Falcao looked great at Bellator 61. He's clearly a f'n maniac, and he's one of them few guys that seems to bring a legit element of danger into the cage. He definitly plays some mind games in there, he kinda did what he did against Gerald Harris, he shut down anything Paraisey did and just toyed with him. He also seems to dare people to come in, when he did drop Paraisey in round 2 instead of jumping in he allowed the Frenchman to get up and with a sinister smirk on his face gestured him in to fight him. Scary fucking dude.

I think it's gonna take a super aggressive fighter to make him fight back aggresively though, i think the semi final fight with the Russian, Vasilevsky could bring that out in him. Vasilevsky was also super impressive, definitly from the Nick Diaz school of striking in that he throws lots of accurate punches with necessarily throwing with devastating power. It's always cool to see a guy throw with great technique rather than looping power shots.

Vasilevsky/Falcao is gonna be great. I also hope Hector Lombard stays in Bellator because a fight down the line between him and Falcao would be absolute insanity.

The Rogers KO was brutal, had a feeling it wasn't gonna end well for Vianna as soon as he couldn't seem to get Rogers to the mat.

If i had a few quid to spare i think i'd take Bruno Santos as an outside bet in the tournament, he didn't look great against Santana but you could tell he was holding back a little and fought reserved to avoid Santana's unique jiu-jitsu game. The build up hinted Santos is a grinder so he clearly has that in his game, so he could quite clearly take guys down and ride shit out, it isn't exciting but it is effective. I think he could be the surprise package.

...oh the Jeremiah Riggs/Trey Houston prelim they tagged on was f'n excellent too, track it down.

• Paid Members

Yeah it certainly wasn't a bad performance from Falcao, he was never in trouble and he totally dominated the fight. I guess I just kind of expected an exclamation point, a big finish, given how he was toying with Paraisy. Deffo looking forward to seeing him again though. Like you say, a fight with Lombard down the road could be fireworks, As soon as I heard Bellator signed Falcao that's the fight that popped in my head.

I really enjoyed the show aswell, I didn't really get that across in my original post. This season is only 2 shows deep but it's been excellent so far.

• Paid Members
Yeah it certainly wasn't a bad performance from Falcao, he was never in trouble and he totally dominated the fight. I guess I just kind of expected an exclamation point, a big finish, given how he was toying with Paraisy. Deffo looking forward to seeing him again though. Like you say, a fight with Lombard down the road could be fireworks, As soon as I heard Bellator signed Falcao that's the fight that popped in my head.

I really enjoyed the show aswell, I didn't really get that across in my original post. This season is only 2 shows deep but it's been excellent so far.

yeh, the 'toying' thing is what makes me wanna see more of Falcao. He just seems to be capable of going up through the gears when he wants too, he's a scary fucking dude.

• Paid Members

Shame about Foster, I was really looking forward to his debut, he's looked in good form his last few fights. Just read he needs further tests, hope this is just routine stuff and not a re-occurence of his past brain problems.

• Paid Members

f'n hell! that's the first time ive ever known a heavyweight to miss weight i think. Bellator's HW division needs a big overhaul. 185lb and under are great right now but above that is nowhere near the same standard. This is a sad end to the tournament.

Hope Rebney tries to hire some decent names for the next tournament.

Santos seemed legit too.

...has to be the easiest $100,000 Eric Prindle will ever make, he basically got paid a hundred grand for getting kicked in the nuts.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

That's mind boggling. Prindle and Santos just seem to create controversy whenever they're involved with each other. From the kick to the pills, the rematch getting postponed last week and now this.

Deffo agreed with Ebb on them needing to get some depth to the Heavyweight division. The lower weights are fantastic but the top 2 divisions are pretty shallow.