Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm looking forward to Ford vs Santos. Haven't seen Ford in a while, mainly know him from his MFC fights but I liked what I saw.

I've always got time for a Ben Saunders fight. Really hoping he gets to the final now and I expect he will.

I love Gono. He's seen better days but he's still a crafty fucker with a ton of experience and loads of fights against top level guys under his belt. It might seem a bit of an odd match to make given that Chandler's coming off the biggest win of his career in a FOTY contender but not every fight can be a war in a guy's career and he needs to fight while the tournament plays out. Gono's a good fight for him and he should win but it's a fight he can't take lightly. Saying that, I'd be surprised if he somehow lost given Gono's recent form. Good fight to make though to keep him active and get him more experience against some solid opponents.

Should be good.

• Paid Members

Chandler took out Gono as expected. Gono's announced his retirement since, Shame but it's probably time. He's really fell off since Hornbuckle kicked his head off and he's never really got back on track. I love Gono though, Im glad I got to see him fight once live back at UFC 89. And seeing his walkout in person was brilliant aswell. Tomorrow's Bellator 68 has serious potentialMarlon Sandro vs Daniel Straus - FW FinalsMarcos Galvao vs Travis Marx - BW Semi FinalsSeth Petruzelli vs Carmelo MarreroMarius Zaromskis vs Waachim Spiritwolf Sandro vs Straus is a great final and I can't wait for Zaromskis vs Spiritwolf. I was gutted when their fight in Strikeforce ended on a no contest just seconds in. Glad they're rematching. I'm a big fan of Zaromskis aswell so glad to see him in Bellator. He's coming off one of the most ridiculous KO wins in MMA history so he'll be looking to build on his momentum. I can't post the link at the mo but google Marius Zaromskis somersault kick if you havent seen it.

• Paid Members

Anyone see Bellator last night? Some good fights I thought.Straus looked good beating Sandro. I thought he was done for when Sandro got that standing arm triangle, I was just waiting for him to trip Straus and lock it in fully but credit to Straus for toughing it out and coming through to win. He looked better with his hands than he has in some of his past fights too. He's gonna fight the winner of Curran vs Pitbull now which should be good. I don't think he'd beat Curran and I'm split on him beating Pitbull. I could see Pitbull knocking him out but Straus shutting him down with wrestling is possible too.One little thing though, why is Pitbull getting a title shot? He lost to Woodard in his last fight and it wasn't like it was even controversial, he got submitted. I love Bellator and I'm a Pitbull fan but that isn't right surely. It will be a hell of a fight but it doesn't really make sense to me.Zaromskis vs Spiritwolf with a disappointing ending again :( shame cos it was really getting good in that second round, good action but it seems like this fight is cursed. Hate to see fights end on a cut. Third fight looks likely at least which I'm happy about.Marcin Held's heel hook finish was awesome and Galvao fought well to earn himself a spot in the finals.I'm loving this season of Bellator.Next week's is one I'm really looking forward to aswell with Falcao vs Spang in the MW final and I'm interested to see Karl Amoussou and Megumi Fujii again.

• Paid Members

was Bellator not on TV last week? been surprised that no proper rip has appeared online. Had to make do with a shitty web rip.Marlon Sandro blew it against Strauss, he just didn't pull the trigger, having said that Strauss did a great job of staying out of range and nulifying any kind of Sandro offence in the clinch. Spiritwolf/Zaromskis is gonna end up one of MMA's weirdest trilogies, they have to fight again. First fight ends in 6 seconds cause of eye poke, 2nd fight ends on cuts after two round and is awarded to Zaromskis despite Spiritwolf winning the first 2 rounds.You'd think Zaromskis would have the technical savvy to avoid Spiritwolf's brawling attack but he got fucking nailed in that second round. Gotta love Spiritwolf though, the dude keeps coming forward despite clearly running on empty.Spang/Falcao tonight...fireworks!

• Paid Members

fiiiiiiiite.gif

Yes. Can't wait. I'd never seen Spang until this tournament but that little ruckus in the cage has made me really wanna see this one. Falcao's kinda coasted at times in this tournament, too much at times especially the last fight which was razor close. I'm hoping Spang's pissed him off enough to bring something out of him tonight. I think with it being the final Falcao will let it go tonight more.

Spang's a tough fucker but I see Falcao dropping him. Spang can't pull off a comeback like that again surely.

• Paid Members

Falcao positively schooled Spang. I read a few things saying that the way to beat Falcao is to bully him because he doesn't like it, well Spang didn't get close. Spang probably took round 1 and was outstriking Falcao but the 2nd and 3rd rounds were just domination, Falcao showed that he's got a bit of a brain in there, it aint all raw aggression he took Spang out of his comfort zone and beat him up. Rickles/Amoussou was excellent though, wild fight!

• Paid Members

it finally looks like Prindle/Konrad is finally going to take place!

20120525024351_827Q0599.JPG

don't think there's much interest in it because nobody thinks that Prindle's going to be able to stop Konrad's takedown, i don't either but i give Pringle a good shot early on, he needs to land them fucking hammers (looks at the size of the guy's fucking fists!)

rest of the card lines up like this:

Rick Hawn vs. Brent Weedman - lightweight-tourney finale

Hiroshi Nakamura vs. Luis Nogueira - bantamweight-tourney semifinal

Derek Campos vs. Rich Clementi

This card is lost amongst the UFC 146 hype this week but Hawn/Weedman is a fight worth tuning in for, should be a good one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bellator 71 has sneaked up on us, part of Bellator's summer series...

BellatorPoster71.jpg

MAIN CARD (MTV2)

Chris Davis vs. Travis Wiuff - light-heavyweight-tourney opening round

Zelg Galesic vs. Attila Vegh - light-heavyweight-tourney opening round

Richard Hale vs. Beau Tribolet - light-heavyweight-tourney opening round

Roy Boughton vs. Emanuel Newton - light-heavyweight-tourney opening round

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)

Dan Spohn vs. Josh Stansbury

Brett Rogers vs. Kevin Asplund

Tim Carpenter vs. John Hawk

Duane Bastress vs. Jason Butcher

Neil Johnson vs. Brylan Van Artsdalen

Chris Goldbaugh vs. Kevin Zalac

E.J. Brooks vs. Joey Holt

show focuses on the promotion's problematic 205lb division. Bellator has the lighter division's down, but the 205lb'ers and heavyweights need to start delivering.

Sucks that Travis Wiuff has to got through a tournament just to get another shot at the champion he's already defeated, but that's how it goes.

Interested to see Zelg Galesic goto 205lb too, always a guy that never delivered on his initial promise. Got some love for Emmanual Newton too, he's a guy i've followed through his MFC run.

The big name on the undercard is of course Brett Rogers. I'm hoping they slot it on the main card cause i wanna see how he's looking. If he comes in motivated he could earn himself some nice cheddar in the promotion.

This weekend is fucking loaded.

• Paid Members

Yeah this weekend is loaded. Looking forward to this. I just caught up with the last two Bellators yesterday. I fucking love Falcao, the nutter.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Galesic in there. When I first saw him fight in Cage Rage and Japan a few years ago I thought it wouldn't be long before the UFC were calling. But it hasn't really mapped out for him, he's had a bumpy few years. Be interesting to see him at 205.

Brett Rogers is a twat. I understand why Bellator signed him though, their Heavyweight division is pretty cack they need more depth badly. Same with 205.

I'll be watching this. I'm pretty pleased with myself that I've actually managed to keep up with this season despite the massive amount of MMA shows this year.

Bellator 72 next month looks outstanding already with the Amoussou/Baker WW final, Zaromskis/Spiritwolf 3 (hopefully 3rd time lucky and no controversy) and Paul Daley's debut.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This is Friday

Bellator-72-poster-pic.jpg

and it looks like a belting card!

MAIN CARD (MTV2)

Karl Amoussou vs Bryan Baker (Welterweight Tournament Final)

Paul Daley vs Rudy Bears

Emanuel Newton vs Attila Vegh (Light Heavyweight Semi Final)

Travis Wiuff vs Tim Carpenter (Light Heavyweight Semi Final)

Marius Zaromskis vs Waachiim Spiritwolf

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)

Ben Saunders vs Brian Warren

Chris Barnett vs Tom Sauer

Raul Amaya vs Kenny Moss

Matt McCook vs Shanon Slack

Paul Barrow vs Jason Carapelluci

Ryan DeRocher vs Julien Williams

That looks outstanding to me. They've stacked up the main card pretty good. The 4 LHW semi finalists are all coming off impressive finishes at the last Bellator. Semtex makes his Bellator debut. And Amoussou/Baker could be a great final.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much for the third attempt at Zaromskis vs Spiritwolf but I'm really hoping it's third time lucky and we get a satisfying conclusion. It has to be one of the strangest trilogies ever in MMA. The first fight ended on an eyepoke in literally seconds and the second fight was really heating up and then got stopped for a cut. Surely nothing will go wrong this time?

Hope Ben Saunders gets bakc on track and picks up a win on the prelims.

If Tom Sauer is the same Tom Sauer I'm thinking of then he's been around MMA forfuckingever. Just looked him up his record's a not very good 25-12 but he's been in with the likes of Vlad Matyushenko, Marcio Cruz and has wins over Enson Inoue and Jeff Monson on his record.