Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

**SPOILERS**

Bellator 62 contined the streak of really entertaining shows so far this season.

The Pitbull/Woodard was tremendous stuff from both. One of the best fights so far this year easy for me, loved the twists and turns. Woodard looked like a beast at times. I was rooting for Pitbull so I'm a bit disappointed in the result but fuck me, the action made up for it and the finish was brutal. What a fight.

544878668.gif

I'm too knackered to be arsed to get into the rest but I really enjoyed the show from top to bottom. I thought Rick Hawn looked excellent at 155, you can't really tell too much with how short the fight was but he certainly looked healthy at the weight and obviously he carried his strength and power with him.

Thought the show was great, had a bit of everything. Even a Von Flue choke for fuck's sake. And I liked the Martinez/Frey fight they showed too, good round of action.

Good stuff, I'm glad I decided to get my shit together and keep up with this season. It's been top notch so far.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

yeh it was an awesome fight. I think the 'Fight of the Year' term in MMA is kinda hard to pin down. As good as the Woodard/Pitbull fight was, it can't really hold a candle to an epic 5 round title fight. But regardless it was as good an MMA round as you're likely to see. It had abit of everything, i woulda loved to have known what odds you'd get on Woodard scoring a submission victory.

Rick Hawn looked the business at 155 too, for a guy that cut down from 170 though he didnt look that big at the weight.

The Brent Weidman/JJ Ambrose fight was a good scrap as well, i genuinely thought Ambrose quit for no reason on first viewing. Who'd have thunk Jason Von Flue would leave his name on an MMA hold? haha.

• Paid Members

Haha, I forgot all about that. Sadly that was the best punch he landed all night :(

This week's lineup looks good with the 4 welterweight first round matches.

Karl Amoussou vs. Chris Lozano

Raul Amaya vs. Ben Saunders

David Rickels vs. Jordan Smith

Bryan Baker vs. Carlos Pereira

I'd like to see Ben Saunders do well, I'm rooting for him to take the whole thing. I've always kind of liked him since his time on TUF. When I did my little catch up last year's Bellator, I watched some of the fights recommended in here by Ebb and Magnum and I thought Saunders looked fantastic despite coming up short in the finals. His Muay Thai looked sharp as always but I was really impressed in his ground game in the Luis Santos fight. He dominated the entire fight off his back most of the time and got the submission on a BJJ blackbelt with 60 odd MMA fights.

Shame Brian Foster's out because I'd love to have seen him fight Saunders and Lozano especially.

• Paid Members

not that i know of :( why not use torrents?

Bjorn Rebney has said that they are going to get Foster involved in the end of year Welterweight Tournament, he didn't get in this time due to a problem with his paperwork. There's an interview on MMAjunkie with Foster who seems pretty fed up with the whole situation.

• Paid Members

Another good show this week...

Karl Amoussou has been threatening to be something pretty special for a while and i think he might have finally delivered it. That finish was clinical. I loved how the build up spoke of how Amoussou likes to play mind games and intimidate people, it definitly worked. Lozano was fired up before hand but he was clearly afraid to engage when the fight started, Amoussou stalked him, not a lot happened but it was intense stuff. When the fight hit the mat, the sweep to full mount was just text book and the finish was deadly. I'm picking Amoussou to win it all, i wanna see him fight Saunders in the final.

Saunders/Amaya is a fight that will definitly go down as one of the fights of the season, it was one sided on the scorecard but Amaya was such a gutsy fucker that he made it a fight. Ben Saunders continues to impress in Bellator though, despite being known up a standup guy he has to be one of the most exciting ground fighters in MMA, constantly working for stuff off his back, great stuff.

Bryan Baker looked horrible at 170lb, very poor fight. Pereira was the latest of these Brazilians with awesome records coming to the States but he didn't impress. Just a slow paced fight where neither guy went for the kill. There were big hopes for Baker at 170, the weight cut might have killed him but if he fights like that against Saunders he's gonna get wrecked.

• Paid Members

Finally got round to seeing this earlier.

I love watching Ben Saunders. Wherever the fight goes he's relentless. He's made himself a tough guy to fight because on the feet you're getting kneed to fuck and if you take him down it's tough to mount any offense because you're always having to defend his attacks from the bottom. He's great to watch. I still scratch my head how he lost to Swick. That's a fight I'd pick Saunders to win 9/10 times. The fight with Ayama was the highlight for me and one of the best fights so far this season no doubt. Amaya's got some bollocks on him to hang in there like he did.

Amoussou looked lethal. I've seen him fight before and he's looked good but that was probably the best I've seen him. I'm looking forward to seeing him vs David Rickels who's been fun to watch himself from what I've seen of him.

And yeah, a Saunders vs Amousso final would be tremendous.

Here's how this week's card looks currently

Ben Askren vs. Douglas Lima - for welterweight title

Alexandre Bezerra vs. Marlon Sandro - featherweight tourney semifinal

Travis Marx vs. Masakatsu Ueda - bantamweight tourney quarterfinal

Rodrigo Lima vs. Hiroshi Nakamura - bantamweight tourney quarterfinal

Chris Horodecki vs. TBA

Don't recognize the 2 Japanese names but I usually enjoy Horodecki's fights. And Sandro/Bezerra and the main event could be great fights.

I've become a bit of a Doug Lima fan since watching a few of his MFC fights and his Bellator fights with Saunders and Lozano. I'd like to see him win the title but I can see Askren's wrestling being too much of an obstacle for him to overcome over 5 rounds.

• Paid Members

is Rodrigo Lima related to Douglas Lima?

The Bantamweights is a bit of a blind alley for me here, not too familiar with them guys, should be good though And why are they only doing 1 featherweight semi?

Can't wait for Askren/Lima!

• Paid Members

its probably a case of trying to get all the tournament matches on TV, they missed one earlier in the season which was annoying so i guess with there only being room for 4 fights on a card they need to move things around. When the show moves to 3 hours on Spike! it'll work out much better.

As I do not follow Bellator much and to be honest I have not watched a full show that they have produced. Just how far does the regulars on here or anyone else for that matter think they will go?

Will they be Strikeforce Pre-Zuffa big with the new Spike deal or stay a bit underground like they are now?

• Paid Members

i aint sure, they really seem to have their shit together though. They are moving to Spike! TV next year and will produce full 3 hour shows every week whilst the season run, they've also got a video game and a reality show coming on. The show's concept is really starting to work now as well because there's more shows and more tournaments. Bellator is awesome.

Ratings are up and down on MTV but i don't read too much into that, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the show.