Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Ken ain't letting that loss at the weekend go;

UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock is not going quietly back to Nevada after a TKO loss to Royce Gracie in this past Friday’s Bellator 149 headliner.

On Sunday, Shamrock, via his legal rep, filed a complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and asked the commission to overturn the result to a no-contest after the referee missed an illegal knee to the groin.

“The contest was stopped erroneously due to Ken Shamrock’s inability to fight back or protect himself after the illegal knee,” read a statement released today by the 52-year-old fighter, who raged at Gracie and referee Jacob Montalvo following the first-round stoppage.

Shamrock (28-17-2 MMA, 0-2 BMMA) later collected himself, apologizing to Gracie (15-2-3 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) for his outburst while maintaining he was fouled and Montalvo did not do his job.

A public records request for Shamrock’s complaint is pending with the TDLR, which oversaw the Spike-televised event at Houston’s Toyota Center. Spokesperson Susan Stanford confirmed to MMAjunkie the complaint was filed.

• Paid Members

One thing big dave has suggested with the freak show bouts is if a guy's not quite upto scratch for a full bout, make them 3 minute rounds rather than five?

If a guy is coming into a fight in the shape that Kimbo and Dada were in they shouldn't be fighting, simple as that. There's a limit to what should be allowed, and that limit is supposed to be set by the athletic commission.

Guys need to at least be healthy enough and in shape enough to actually fight.

I agree, but how do you test that? Kimbo himself looked in decent condition body-wise but the way he gassed out was just weird. Is it simply a case of putting these guys through a more rigorous physical prior to the fight?

I agree, but how do you test that? Kimbo himself looked in decent condition body-wise but the way he gassed out was just weird. Is it simply a case of putting these guys through a more rigorous physical prior to the fight?

The crazy thing is, it actually seems like the Texan Commission did plenty to ensure their health before the fight;

Harris and Slice were both required to undergo an electrocardiogram (EKG) and a electroencephalogram (EEG) tests due to their age in order to be licensed to fight in Texas. Harris also passed the pre-fight medical exam, which checked for signs of dehydration and hypertension.

The Texas Athletic Commission have a history of just letting things go, they barely test the fighters, everybody knows this and is probably the reason Bellator held it there.

Kimbo & Dada 5000 had their beef in Miami Florida, you would think they would have held it there.

Bellator knowing how lenient the Texas Athletic Commission are should have brought in their own people to check the fighters but I guess it did really well in the ratings and that's all that matters.

Florida would have been a security risk. Too many homies and "dawgs" in the area that could have kicked up a stink, with all manner of Tupac/Tyson shizzle going down likely.

Those G's either couldn't afford the travel to Texas, or aren't allowed across state lines.

There was no crews really beefing, they came from the same area, I think Kimbo went mainstream and Dada got jealous and tried to copy him with the dawg fight documentary but at one point Dada was Kimbo's bodyguard.

Yeah, but the white, upper class suits who run Bellator and Spike weren't to know that.

Bellator was great...apart from the early matches which bored me to tears. 

Coker needs to man up and not give into the sport side of MMA and continue to serve up the wackiness. No point being TNA to WWE, be something different. Hopefully the ratings will see him and Spike continue down this righteous path.

UFC probably shitting their pants that people will see it for what it is - pro wrestling at the heart of MMA and people will burn out on it quick. Fuck contender number 3 vs. chin beard 6 for the gnat weight title.

I want to see it burn. DO IT BELLATOR, KILL THE BUSINESS!

• Moderators

Coker needs to man up and not give into the sport side of MMA and continue to serve up the wackiness. No point being TNA to WWE, be something different. Hopefully the ratings will see him and Spike continue down this righteous path.

UFC probably shitting their pants that people will see it for what it is - pro wrestling at the heart of MMA and people will burn out on it quick. Fuck contender number 3 vs. chin beard 6 for the gnat weight title.

I want to see the return of this warrior.

• Paid Members

I want to see the return of this warrior.

Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Yeah, I know ... they do look similar though!

• Moderators

Mate, back then everyone in NHB fighting was a badass like the aforementioned Harold Howard. My personal favourite ever NHB fighter is Jon Hess who took place at UFC 5 and was later defeated by a cheating Vitor Belfort. Jon Hess' fighting discipline was invented by the NAVY SEALS! SAFTA - Scientifically Applied Force Training of AMERICA. It's easily the greatest and most complete fighting system ever devised. Here's a look at it:-

Now, what's cooler - that Steven Seagal style? Or the dry as toast modern MMA fighter?