Jon Venables back in prison

Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

You lose your right to life once you KILL A CHILD. You bleeding heart libruls care more about the offenders than the victims. You'd probably let Venables babysit your kid, but you wouldn't be so anti death penalty if he stabbed your mum in the nose! All I'm saying is I had it hard too. I got Rise of the Robots for Christmas one year and I never murdered anybody. NO EXCUSES, LIFE MEANS LIFE.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disputing that he should have got a stronger sentance, but I'm unsure of why anyone would want to know why he's back in prison. It boils down to people being nosey.

I think they should have served the 15 years they got (correct me if I'm wrong) they would only be coming out now if that were the case.

• Paid Members
I got Rise of the Robots for Christmas one year and I never murdered anybody.

Then you are the solitary exception to the rule.

Yes, it does seem to fly in the face of most reportage of sexual abuse, which tends to show that abuse most often happens within family/close friend circles, rather than "petty criminals". "Stranger Danger" is generally considered to be only a very small percentage of recorded sexual abuse.

Perhaps what Kenny means is that the factors that create a person's predisposition to sexual crimes are also those that tend to lead to petty crime - poverty, poor education, fractured or dysfunctional family and upbringing. Personally, I'd like to see the media focus more on solving those problems that demonising offenders whilst sweeping the more difficult questions under the carpet.

Sadly that isn't the purpose of the media, the newspapers aren't there to solve problems. Their business is in doom and gloom.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
I'm not disputing that he should have got a stronger sentance, but I'm unsure of why anyone would want to know why he's back in prison. It boils down to people being nosey.

I think they should have served the 15 years they got (correct me if I'm wrong) they would only be coming out now if that were the case.

Technically they didn't get a fixed sentence as under 18s convicted of murder are simply detained "at her Majesty's Pleasure" which is the child equivalent of "life". But the trial judge did recommend a minimum of 8 years.

Michael Howard, then home secretary, increased that to 15 years, but this was overturned by the House of Lords which said he'd only done that to please the tabloids (specifically a Sun petition) rather than on the facts of the trial. Since then Home Secretaries have lost the right to adjust minimum sentences for under 18s in individual cases. (Since 2002, they no longer have that right in any case.)

• Moderators

This is doing the rounds on Facebook as people's statuses.

John venables new name david calvert he lives in fleetwood He raped a 19 yr old girl in school grounds in warrington, irlam side. Can get to it via the moss n he spent time at barton child unit so knew the area. Some prison warden doesnt think it should be kept quiet either! Pas it on to as many people has u can

Absolute bollocks of course, and now a load of poor sods called David Calvert will be shitting it.

Edited by ButchReedMark

This is doing the rounds on Facebook as people's statuses.

John venables new name david calvert he lives in fleetwood He raped a 19 yr old girl in school grounds in warrington, irlam side. Can get to it via the moss n he spent time at barton child unit so knew the area. Some prison warden doesnt think it should be kept quiet either! Pas it on to as many people has u can

Absolute bollocks of course, and now a load of poor sods called David Calvert will be shitting it.

It's one specific one that's being targeted, and not for the first time.

Spare a thought for a young man called David Calvert who was 'outed' as Jon Venables five years ago.

Now his name is all over the Internet again.

Scouser Mr. Calvert, 27, was threatened and abused and feared for his family's safety when neighbours were told he was one of James Bulger's killers.

Police even installed a panic button in his home in Fleetwood, Lancashire.

The clamour eventually died down when he was interviewed by his local paper and opened up the family album.

Published pictures of him growing up, crucially between the ages of 10 and 18, convinced even his most neanderthal accusers.

Some tabloid-swallowing idiot is bound to kick off though. This story is proper Brass-Eye.

• Paid Members

It doesn't mention it in that bit, but the reason Calvert was accused of being Venables is because he spent time in a Liverpool prison, albeit for fraud.

Of course, Venables was held somewhere that definately wasn't Liverpool, but that's by the by.

Edited by surf_digby

• Paid Members
If you put Calvert into the search box in facebook and search posts by everyone it updates in real-time when people are posting it as their status.

It amazes me how many people are so quick to pass that around without a thought for whether it's true or the potential repercussions. And yet there's still people who think they can be trusted with actual information on Jon Venables.

If you put Calvert into the search box in facebook and search posts by everyone it updates in real-time when people are posting it as their status.

It amazes me how many people are so quick to pass that around without a thought for whether it's true or the potential repercussions. And yet there's still people who think they can be trusted with actual information on Jon Venables.

There was an interview with the 'real' David Calvert on Sky News this morning.

There he is, living and breathing and quite clearly not in custody, giving a television interview and people are still believing that he is Jon Venables. It beggars belief how incredibly blood-lustingly stupid some of these people are.

Indeed.

All that's missing are the lighted torches and pitchforks.