Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The first two are great listens, but it got a bit weird from album #3 (Close Calls With Brick Walls). Don't bother with 55 Cadillac, his album of improvised piano. If you find them, The Japan Covers and Gundam Rock are good fun for what they are (covers of J-Pop and the Gundam TV Soundtrack respectively). This new single is a return to form and I'm looking forward to the new album.

You'll have a great time at the gig. The last time I saw him in 2012 in Manchester on the Party Hard 10th Anniversary tour, had one of the most intense but enjoyable moshpits I've ever been involved in

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted

My personal favourite 3 by Rise Against - Prayer Of The Refugee, Savior and  Re-Education (Through Labor)

 

 

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that I needed to dive into Rise Againsts back catalogue. I loved Revolutions Per Minute when it came out for some reason my interest waned after that, good live band though. Where should i go next album wise?

On a side note, they do get kudos for having guitarist Zach Blair in their ranks. Formerly of punk band Hagfish. For some reason Hagfish were really popular amongst the skaters/rock kids in my year in school despite being relatively unknown. Their ...Rock Your Lame Ads record is a genuine underrated classic of the pop-punk/skate punk genres, track it down.

Rocks_Your_Lame_Ass.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen
Posted

Egg Shen, start with 'The Sufferer & The Witness', then 'Siren Song of the Counter Culture' and after that 'Appeal to Reason', 'Endgame', 'Black Market' and finally 'Wolves'

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Egg Shen, start with 'The Sufferer & The Witness', then 'Siren Song of the Counter Culture' and after that 'Appeal to Reason', 'Endgame', 'Black Market' and finally 'Wolves'

nice one, that's what i'll do.

Posted

Slayer seem to have decided to call it a day and have announced their final world tour. Only US stuff announced so far but get a load of that lineup. If they do come over here I'd expect we'll get nothing near this amazing which is a shame.

 

unnamed-4.jpg

Posted (edited)

If they're calling it a day I can't say I'm suprised. They phoned it in good & proper last time I saw them. That's a hell of a night out though.

In other news, At The Gates and Exhorder have been added to Bloodstock 2018

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted

DUO78YlV4AAbziV.jpg:large

I feel dirty posting this but who are your choices?

Kittie have to be in mine, I'll always have a soft spot for them. Korn playing stuff from Follow The Leader and before as the headline, Spineshank and Taproot get dual opening duties.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...