The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

The first two are great listens, but it got a bit weird from album #3 (Close Calls With Brick Walls). Don't bother with 55 Cadillac, his album of improvised piano. If you find them, The Japan Covers and Gundam Rock are good fun for what they are (covers of J-Pop and the Gundam TV Soundtrack respectively). This new single is a return to form and I'm looking forward to the new album.

You'll have a great time at the gig. The last time I saw him in 2012 in Manchester on the Party Hard 10th Anniversary tour, had one of the most intense but enjoyable moshpits I've ever been involved in

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that I needed to dive into Rise Againsts back catalogue. I loved Revolutions Per Minute when it came out for some reason my interest waned after that, good live band though. Where should i go next album wise?

On a side note, they do get kudos for having guitarist Zach Blair in their ranks. Formerly of punk band Hagfish. For some reason Hagfish were really popular amongst the skaters/rock kids in my year in school despite being relatively unknown. Their ...Rock Your Lame Ads record is a genuine underrated classic of the pop-punk/skate punk genres, track it down.

Rocks_Your_Lame_Ass.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Egg Shen, start with 'The Sufferer & The Witness', then 'Siren Song of the Counter Culture' and after that 'Appeal to Reason', 'Endgame', 'Black Market' and finally 'Wolves'

nice one, that's what i'll do.