Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ghost have been teasing a live album, titled 'Ceremony & Devotion', recently on social media. They went and suprised released it digitally yesterday and the physical release is scheduled for January 19th. Seems to be recordings from their dates they did in the US earlier this year where they supported Iron Maiden

Posted (edited)

https://pitchfork.com/news/josh-homme-kicks-female-photographer-in-the-head-during-show/

He's had a meltdown, surely? Blading, Heel promo?

To add: http://variety.com/2017/music/news/josh-homme-kicks-female-photographer-in-the-head-at-kroq-acoustic-christmas-exclusive-1202635338/ has shots from moments before, I'll try to paste...

 

 

 

img_5814.jpg

 

EDIT: To be perfectly clear, there is no excuse for kicking anyone, of any gender or occupation. Self-entitled prick indeed.

Edited by bigfoote
Clear up ambiguity.
Posted

According to The Spokesman-Review, all four members Decapitated have been released from jail as they await trial for allegedly kidnapping and raping a woman on their tour bus three months ago.

part of their release conditions, the musicians were ordered to stay in Washington and were required to turn in their passports. In the event that they do return to Poland, they were ordered to sign waivers of extradition, meaning they were agreeing to be extradited to the U.S.

The members were released on their own recognizance and did not have to post a bond. 

Their trial will begin on January 16.

Posted
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Sludge/Doom/Shoegaze or whatever band Nadja are playing a tiny 100 ticket gig in Birmingham, I've never bought a ticket so fast before.

Did you go and see Yawning Man at the Campbell?  Fatso Jetson are there next month.

Posted (edited)

Nah, never been a fan of stoner/desert rock, I don't even like Kyuss. I know it's weird as there's such an overlap with doom and sludge but I just can't get into that side of it.

To put it crudely, I prefer my rock to sound like it's full of heroin than cannabis.

Edited by Merzbow
Posted

I actually feel bad for the guy that puts those shows on, I read he's having to cut down on the bigger artists and stay local as there's not enough money coming in but to be fair they are niche bands for a town like Cov. But then I see him getting angry at people not turning up and supporting the "scene", maybe try booking bands that more than 5 people including the booker himself likes.

Posted

Yeah, you're right.  Booking for himself and not for profit.  Rich from The Tin was exactly the same, that's why when they got art funding, the trustees took the reigns and let him do the record label.

Posted (edited)

Warrel Dane (Nevermore, Santuary) has died from a heart attack while in Brazil, aged 56.

Absolutely gutted by this, Nevermore were one of my absolute favourite bands in my formative years

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...