The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

This is gonna be a lovely time:

Get-Up-Kids-2025-UK-European-tour-poster

Pretty sure i bought Something to Write Home About on release day (or very close to it). It was at that stage where I bought nearly anything that got the KKKKK treatment in Kerrang! Bought it blind and didnt regret it. 

15 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Funny how the race for Internet morality points works these days. You'd think he burst into Dolly Parton's house and pissed on her toast with these reactions.

On here or in general? Barely anyone has reacted on here and nobody has done so in an extreme way. I really couldn't give a shit what goes on between Dave Grohl and his wife but I find him very tedious and inescapable in a sort of Sheeran/Swift way. Once the reaction to this dies down it would suit me if he fucked off for a bit. 

The reaction on Twitter seems to either be "didnt have this on my bingo card" OR "He should have opened by saying he has another confession to make LMAO *thousands of cry laugh emojis*"

• Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

This is gonna be a lovely time:

Get-Up-Kids-2025-UK-European-tour-poster

Pretty sure i bought Something to Write Home About on release day (or very close to it). It was at that stage where I bought nearly anything that got the KKKKK treatment in Kerrang! Bought it blind and didnt regret it. 

It's my favourite album of all time. I think I'll try and go to at least two dates, which is two dates more than I had when I was a miserable teen listening to TGUK :)

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

On here or in general? Barely anyone has reacted on here and nobody has done so in an extreme way. I really couldn't give a shit what goes on between Dave Grohl and his wife but I find him very tedious and inescapable in a sort of Sheeran/Swift way. Once the reaction to this dies down it would suit me if he fucked off for a bit. 

The reaction on Twitter seems to either be "didnt have this on my bingo card" OR "He should have opened by saying he has another confession to make LMAO *thousands of cry laugh emojis*"

It's half and half; some of the reactions on here have been eye rolly ("he's not a good guy, look look! I knew it! You all bought it!" etc etc) but it's a lot stronger out there in the gulf of social media, especially the crap FB posts that get curated into my timeline.

Dave's a billionaire who makes decent rock music, I'm not shedding a tear for him, and him playing the game at his age is crap, but I just found the reaction to it to be a touch baffling. I understand these sorts of online reactions when someone gets caught doing something truly terrible (like every other pop-punk band who can no longer play within 3 miles of a school zone), but the reaction to adultery and having a child out of wedlock is so extreme. I'm looking forward to Pete Wentz being caught on the bus with an out-of-date bus pass, he will truly have the reckoning he deserves.

While I was never a big fan of Linkin Park back in the day (Slipknot all the way mate, just ignore that Corey and Shawn are twats), I saw some of the comments about the new frontwoman last week and also that they were touring again. 
Intrigued by how much they’d be charging, I figured I’d hope on over to the on sale that’s just started for O2 Arena. Do not underestimate how much of a draw they still are, was around 86,000 in the queue, and all I was wanting was to see was the price (I have since left the queue so an actual punter can try their luck)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Members

Their first UK show since 2017 and Chester passed away, their first as a "newly formed" band and it's at the O2 which really isn't a big venue. 

That was always going to be a hot ticket.

I'm not arsed as we've seen them loads but my ex has just managed to get 2 for her and my eldest, which is great.

13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Their first UK show since 2017 and Chester passed away, their first as a "newly formed" band and it's at the O2 which really isn't a big venue. 

That was always going to be a hot ticket.

I'm not arsed as we've seen them loads but my ex has just managed to get 2 for her and my eldest, which is great.

I hadn’t realised that it had been so long since they last played here, so yeah that does explain a fair bit. Also goes to show that the people booting off online about how it wasn’t “what Chester would’ve wanted” are clearly a very loud but very small minority. Didn’t realise it was for September 24th this year, I.e less than 2 weeks away, i presumed it was September 24th 2025

I’ve never been to the O2 either so was of the impression that it was seen as the big London venue in terms of an indoor show.

Fair play for your misses managing to a couple of tickets though, hope they have a good time

Edited by WyattSheepMask