Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 8, 2010 Author Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 I'm not in favour of a Cunt of the Year award. Firstly because I think the awards are light hearted and pretty fun and I think that's a bit strong. Also, I think to label somone a "cunt" based on posts on here when we actually know sod all about them is pretty unfair. I've been called a cunt on here before and yet everyone who knows me would same I'm a hell of a nice guy. That's not me blowing smoke up my own arse (I've tried, I'm too fat to reach), that's pretty much fact. Having said that, these aren't my awards, they're the UKFF's awards so if there is enough desire to have the award, then it's not too late to run it.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 8, 2010 Moderators Posted January 8, 2010 I don't think there's any need to rush to get it in this year. Also, I agree cunt is a bit harsh, but something to that effect. As for the other point, you could argue that we don't really know if the Dolt or LOL winners are actually stupid/funny in real life so I don't think that should really have any bearing on whether or not we have it.
Paid Members JLM Posted January 8, 2010 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 I actually won "Off topic person of the year" in my hometown last year, so it holds true for me.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 8, 2010 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 I don't think there's any need to rush to get it in this year. Also, I agree cunt is a bit harsh, but something to that effect. "Git of the Year"?
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 8, 2010 Moderators Posted January 8, 2010 (edited) Too soft. I don't know what the baby bear porridge is, but we've got a whole year for this kind of administrative hoopla. I actually won "Off topic person of the year" in my hometown last year, so it holds true for me. Pffft. Big fish, small pond... Let's see how you fare this year in the big city, boy! Edited January 8, 2010 by Chest Rockwell
Paid Members JLM Posted January 8, 2010 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 That's what Winnie the Pooh calls his semen.
Paid Members Carbomb Posted January 8, 2010 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 That's what Winnie the Pooh calls his semen. What does he call his poo?
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted January 8, 2010 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 That's what Winnie the Pooh calls his semen. What does he call his poo? very quick.
Paid Members Ronnie Posted January 8, 2010 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 My vote's already been thrown away, but I'm not going to complain about CWMP's commanding lead. Not when there's stuff like this, which shows just how stupid he can be: I got halfway into your blog and got to the this bit; if it wasn
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 8, 2010 Author Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 "Full-on verbal language"! That's just dialect isn't it? "Verbal" can be slang for abuse.
The Icon Posted January 8, 2010 Posted January 8, 2010 It's sad to think that the 'bitch ain't no profanity bitch, what are you, fucking retarded?' post is nowhere near the stupidest thing he's said this year. Sad, but also the reason why he's landsliding this bitch. (Sorry to Triple A's Gran)
Paid Members Ronnie Posted January 8, 2010 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2010 I'm used to "verbal = verbal abuse" but even in that case it looks strange. (Full-on verbal-abuse language.) It was more the idea that there's a literal sense in there (verbal language is distinct from sign language, smoke signals, writing and printing etc) which immediately jumped out at me, so made him (to my eyes) look daft. He could have said simply "abusive language" and it would've looked clearer. Mind you, the whole post made me laugh, not just the one bit I cited: The complaining about the language in the RATM song whilst advocating a song which has a similar issue, the anger in his non-sensical retaliation ("you idiot!"), the argument that a bitch is a female dog (as though that's what's meant in the lyrics), straight into an admission that actually it is cursing, before the clumsy "full-on verbal language" and a closing "fucking moron!" It sums him up (and why he's running away with this award in spite of some solid competition) in a nutshell, and I wish I'd been paying more attention during the year, because there are bound to be countless examples of this sort of thing that I've missed. Maybe it'd be good to have a look at why the eventual winners won when all is said and done, posting some excerpts of their efforts, in the same way that a Hollywood awards ceremony has a short montage of the candidate acting etc.
C/WMark Please! Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 59 votes? superb stuff. I'm not going to bitch and moan over a forum award, infact I find it funny as hell, good work people, good work.
Recommended Posts