UKFF Dolt of the Year 2009

tiger_rick

Who's the forum idiot of 2009?  

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I'm not in favour of a Cunt of the Year award. Firstly because I think the awards are light hearted and pretty fun and I think that's a bit strong. Also, I think to label somone a "cunt" based on posts on here when we actually know sod all about them is pretty unfair. I've been called a cunt on here before and yet everyone who knows me would same I'm a hell of a nice guy. That's not me blowing smoke up my own arse (I've tried, I'm too fat to reach), that's pretty much fact.

Having said that, these aren't my awards, they're the UKFF's awards so if there is enough desire to have the award, then it's not too late to run it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I don't think there's any need to rush to get it in this year. Also, I agree cunt is a bit harsh, but something to that effect.

As for the other point, you could argue that we don't really know if the Dolt or LOL winners are actually stupid/funny in real life so I don't think that should really have any bearing on whether or not we have it.

• Paid Members
I don't think there's any need to rush to get it in this year. Also, I agree cunt is a bit harsh, but something to that effect.

"Git of the Year"?

• Moderators

Too soft.

I don't know what the baby bear porridge is, but we've got a whole year for this kind of administrative hoopla.

I actually won "Off topic person of the year" in my hometown last year, so it holds true for me.

Pffft. Big fish, small pond... Let's see how you fare this year in the big city, boy!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

My vote's already been thrown away, but I'm not going to complain about CWMP's commanding lead. Not when there's stuff like this, which shows just how stupid he can be:

I got halfway into your blog and got to the this bit;

if it wasn

It's sad to think that the 'bitch ain't no profanity bitch, what are you, fucking retarded?' post is nowhere near the stupidest thing he's said this year.

Sad, but also the reason why he's landsliding this bitch. (Sorry to Triple A's Gran)

• Paid Members

I'm used to "verbal = verbal abuse" but even in that case it looks strange. (Full-on verbal-abuse language.)

It was more the idea that there's a literal sense in there (verbal language is distinct from sign language, smoke signals, writing and printing etc) which immediately jumped out at me, so made him (to my eyes) look daft. He could have said simply "abusive language" and it would've looked clearer.

Mind you, the whole post made me laugh, not just the one bit I cited: The complaining about the language in the RATM song whilst advocating a song which has a similar issue, the anger in his non-sensical retaliation ("you idiot!"), the argument that a bitch is a female dog (as though that's what's meant in the lyrics), straight into an admission that actually it is cursing, before the clumsy "full-on verbal language" and a closing "fucking moron!" It sums him up (and why he's running away with this award in spite of some solid competition) in a nutshell, and I wish I'd been paying more attention during the year, because there are bound to be countless examples of this sort of thing that I've missed.

Maybe it'd be good to have a look at why the eventual winners won when all is said and done, posting some excerpts of their efforts, in the same way that a Hollywood awards ceremony has a short montage of the candidate acting etc.