DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Inception.

Went to see it at a special midnight showing last night. I'm not gonna say too much because most won't have seen it yet but it's not very often I walk out of a cinema with chills. It was without a doubt the best film I have seen in years. I was completely amazed and will definitely be seeing it again at the next opportunity.

Inception.

Went to see it at a special midnight showing last night. I'm not gonna say too much because most won't have seen it yet but it's not very often I walk out of a cinema with chills. It was without a doubt the best film I have seen in years. I was completely amazed and will definitely be seeing it again at the next opportunity.

The Idea and concept is truely incredible. Once you get your head around the thing its an excellent film. The only downside I believe is that theres too much action for this style of film, its too american. I believe if it had been made say by a `foreign` (AKA Non-American) film maker it would certainly have been truely aw-inspiring. Depth is amazing just too much bang bang and not enough `OOhhhh mind fuck` for my total liking. But most certainly worth a watch especiallly on the big screen.

• Paid Members
Inception.

The Idea and concept is truely incredible. Once you get your head around the thing its an excellent film. The only downside I believe is that theres too much action for this style of film, its too american. I believe if it had been made say by a `foreign` (AKA Non-American) film maker it would certainly have been truely aw-inspiring. Depth is amazing just too much bang bang and not enough `OOhhhh mind fuck` for my total liking. But most certainly worth a watch especiallly on the big screen.

Christopher Nolan is English.

• Paid Members

Haha.

I'm really looking forward to Inception. I'm avoiding my usual pikey routine of getting a camcorded download and will actually give the cinema some money for it.

Edited by Rob Lowe

Just saw Inception and was totally blown away. This film is totally incredible. Another powerhouse performance from DiCaprio, is there seriously anyone that doesn't rate him these days? Like the others I don't really want to say much, just do yourself a favour and go see it. Best film I've seen in years.

Just saw Inception and was totally blown away. This film is totally incredible. Another powerhouse performance from DiCaprio, is there seriously anyone that doesn't rate him these days? Like the others I don't really want to say much, just do yourself a favour and go see it. Best film I've seen in years.

This kinda sums up what I planned to say, plus some of the views are just stunning for me.

• Paid Members

Add me to the Inception fan club. One of the best films I've seen for years. The concept, direction and acting was all amazing and would actually like to go and see it again. That's right, Me, paying to watch a film TWICE.Can't recommend it enough, but don't go on an empty stomach because it's quite long. Don't let that put you off though, you don't realise how long it is.

• Paid Members

All we need now is for Seven to come and slag it off, and then everyone to forget about it in a couple of months and this can be 2010's "The Dark Knight". I'm much more excited about Toy Story 3.

• Paid Members

All we need now is for Seven to come and slag it off, and then everyone to forget about it in a couple of months and this can be 2010's "The Dark Knight". I'm much more excited about Toy Story 3.

It definitely has the potential to suck. Nolan isn't as great as everyone seems to think he is. The Dark Knight, while decent, is a major drag and nowhere near worth its level of acclaim. Batman Begins is similar but has practically no redeeming qualities at all where as at least TDK had Aaron Eckhart being awesome. The Prestige is over-rated as fuck too.I think if Nolan could cut his films a bit shorter and stop casting Christian Bale, whose over-dramatic stern delivery tends to add an extra five minutes to every scene he's in anyway, he'd improve tenfold. His best work has been without Bale dragging him down (Memento). That being said, Inception has Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt AND Ellen Page who are all pretty solid. That, along with the interesting premise, gives me hope it'll be at least decent.But yeah, Toy Story 3 should be killer.

Green, have you seen The Machinist? Christian Bale is fucking fab in that, plus there's an incredible performance from our own John Sharian that should by all rights have catapulted him into superstardom. Great film.

I watched Be Kind, Rewind last night. Going into it I had zero expectations as it sounded a bit silly and I'm not sure I even like Jack Black any more.

However.. I really enjoyed it! It's a feelgood movie that wasn't sickly and didn't have a stupid Hollywood ending, but had some genuinely funny moments in, plus I've now developed a Midas crush on Melonie Diaz who is utterly cute in it.

• Paid Members

Green, have you seen The Machinist? Christian Bale is fucking fab in that, plus there's an incredible performance from our own John Sharian that should by all rights have catapulted him into superstardom. Great film.

Yeah and it's strange how he can go from being so great in that to being so incredibly shit in pretty much everything he's done since. I've heard both Equilibrium and American Psycho are great too so it seems he's had the Johnny Depp curse of starring in something hugely successful (in his case, Batman Begins) and just becoming lazy and coasting by.Don't blame him mind, must be fucking loaded.

• Paid Members

Yeah and it's strange how he can go from being so great in that to being so incredibly shit in pretty much everything he's done since. I've heard both Equilibrium and American Psycho are great too so it seems he's had the Johnny Depp curse of starring in something hugely successful (in his case, Batman Begins) and just becoming lazy and coasting by.Don't blame him mind, must be fucking loaded.
You should see 3:10 To Yuma - he's bloody good in that. Althought Russell Crowe sort of steals it with his more "spectacular" character. Given that Westerns are not so frequently made these days, it's always a treat to see a new one, and even better when they do a good job of it. Bale's portrayal of the tragic main character is excellent, and loaded with pathos.

• Paid Members

Christian Bale is fucking awesome in The Prestige. Once you know the twist the second viewing he's even better.And Green, Dicaprio is not "pretty solid", he's one of the best actors around right now. And Joseph Gordon-Levitt is amazing, I've been a huge fan since 3rd Rock From The Sun. I don't see how the guy can't become a huge A-lister(he's on the verge now).