DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

...from imdb trivia:

Barry Gray originally wrote the script as its own original action picture entitled "No Turning Back," whose lead was a black marine returning home from the Persian Gulf. But when Phillip Rhee got a hold of the script, he liked it so much that not only did he produce it, he wanted it to become a new entry in the Best of the Best (1989) series. So he asked Deborah Scott to rewrite it with Tommy Lee as the main character.

makes sense.

• Paid Members

well i watched Best of The Best 4, it's safe to say at this point that its in no way a sequel to the first movies, it's just an action film that happens to have a Karate guy named Tommy Lee in it. Again this was chuckaway nonsence but it was alright! For all Rhee's inadequacies as an actor, he's not a bad action star, he has the moves and all that stuff. Tobin Bell makes for a real good Die Hard style bad guy along with his sadistic younger brother. The film also gets extra props for the fucking ridiculous ending involving the plane taking off.

The film aint all good, Ernie Hudson is criminally underused and the exchanges between Lee and his daughter are excruciatingly bad, but like 3 (which i did prefer), it's better than a lot of b-movie actioners.

• Paid Members
one of the biggest problems with Zack & Miri is the fact that Miri is so fucking hot...they should have cast some ugly, fat piece.

She has to be hot, one of the biggest dynamics in their relationship is how out of his league she is and how he has to standby and watch while other men fuck her.

It's a terrific film, really, really funny.

I hated Zack and Miri. It felt to me like the writers/directors felt the overal concept was so piss-your-pants hilarious that they just dogged it when it came to writing good jokes, lines and set pieces. A very, very lazy piece of work in my opinion. Felt a bit like that about Knocked Up, but even that was worlds better than Zack and Miri.

• Paid Members
I hated Zack and Miri. It felt to me like the writers/directors felt the overal concept was so piss-your-pants hilarious that they just dogged it when it came to writing good jokes, lines and set pieces. A very, very lazy piece of work in my opinion. Felt a bit like that about Knocked Up, but even that was worlds better than Zack and Miri.

I want an entire film of Brandon St Randy. Great Cameo.

• Paid Members
well i watched Best of The Best 4, it's safe to say at this point that its in no way a sequel to the first movies, it's just an action film that happens to have a Karate guy named Tommy Lee in it. Again this was chuckaway nonsence but it was alright! For all Rhee's inadequacies as an actor, he's not a bad action star, he has the moves and all that stuff. Tobin Bell makes for a real good Die Hard style bad guy along with his sadistic younger brother. The film also gets extra props for the fucking ridiculous ending involving the plane taking off.

The film aint all good, Ernie Hudson is criminally underused and the exchanges between Lee and his daughter are excruciatingly bad, but like 3 (which i did prefer), it's better than a lot of b-movie actioners.

I'm with you, I watched them both a couple of weeks back and found 3 far more enjoyable. The nazis are awesome villains who I couldn't wait to see get there own brand of action justice. Not only that but the ending is balls to the wall cheesy actiontastic fun. I was also told it was terrible beforehand.

• Paid Members
one of the biggest problems with Zack & Miri is the fact that Miri is so fucking hot...they should have cast some ugly, fat piece.

She has to be hot, one of the biggest dynamics in their relationship is how out of his league she is and how he has to standby and watch while other men fuck her.

yeh, i kinda see what your saying...but she was still way to fucking nice to be living like she was, chicks that hot never have to struggle. The character didn't have to be good looking to emphasise how much Rogen's character loved her.

again, i aint complaining because i'll watch Banks in anything.

• Paid Members

yeh, i kinda see what your saying...but she was still way to fucking nice to be living like she was, chicks that hot never have to struggle. The character didn't have to be good looking to emphasise how much Rogen's character loved her.

again, i aint complaining because i'll watch Banks in anything.

The Road - I may be late on the train with this one and after hearing people literally jizz over it I finally watched it and I jizzed too.

Amazing and immensely poignant, the story is basic but it is so well acted. I'm not a huge film fan but I have to say that this is one of the best films I have seen in a long while, for the first time in ages I was drawn in by the story and it's characters. My friend told me he cried watching it, though incredibly sad I'm too much of man to even face the possibility of doing so but understand why others would.

The only thing which would stop me giving this a perfect ten is the ending...

• Paid Members

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The ending is beautiful. And that little boy and their little girl can start the repopulisation (if that's a word) of the world.

Edited by tiger_rick

TR's Spoiler

Way to spoil it for people who may have not seen it yet.

I understand that point but feel SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

it would be better if he hadn't met the family and took the last bullet to himself.

• Paid Members
TR's Spoiler

Way to spoil it for people who may have not seen it yet.

I understand that point but feel SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

it would be better if he hadn't met the family and took the last bullet to himself.

The film is about maintaining hope and moral fibre through the most incredible circumstances. If he'd topped himself, the whole point would have been lost.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Predators - I'll try & keep this spoiler free. Being a huge fan of the original I was excited & nervous in equal measures on how much this would succeed/fail. The original is pretty much deemed a classic by blokes of my age but I'm convinced that it's more because of the age we were when it was first seen (I was 10) as opposed to the film itself, which is still very good. I really enjoyed Predators, I was pretty much grinning throughout & there were a few nods to the original without it being shoved down your throat or too knowing 'wink wink'. The casting of Adrien Brody is fantastic, the whole cast play it completely straight where it would've been easy, given the premise & script to play it tongue in cheek & ruin the whole thing. There's little surprise & from the trailer it's pretty obvious what's going to happen but there's a few really good scenes, a couple of jumps & plenty of gore. Doubt it'll bear repeated viewings like the original but definitely worth checking out.