DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Lone Wolf and Cub: Sword of Vengeance

Lone Wolf and Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx

It's been a while since I sat back and enjoyed some good old fashioned Japanese exploitation (I'm guessing my last experience was the first three Female Prisoner #701 films) so I treated myself to the Lone Wolf and Cob box set and the first two films in the series failed to disappoint.

I healthy dose of old fashioned blood splattering that comes highly recommended.

I love the Lone Wolf and Cub series. I recently watched through all 6 of the films, and they are brilliant. I think the gore spewing effects on Kill Bill are directly lifted out of this series. Fantastic collection of films.

Dare I ask if you watched them subbed or dubbed?

Subbed I'll only watch Anime and unsubbed euro horror dubbed.

• Moderators
Best of the Best 1 and 2

Me and a friend of mine still say "You will eat, sleep, and shit competition!" to each other all the time. One of those films that everyone had on VHS along with Ice Pirates and No Retreat, No Surrender.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Best of the Best 1 and 2

Me and a friend of mine still say "You will eat, sleep, and shit competition!" to each other all the time. One of those films that everyone had on VHS along with Ice Pirates and No Retreat, No Surrender.

I can testify to that, my Best of the Best VHS is still sitting nicely with my No Retreat, No Surrender, Double Impact and Bloodsport :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Best of the Best 1 and 2

I can testify to that, my Best of the Best VHS is still sitting nicely with my No Retreat, No Surrender, Double Impact and Bloodsport :thumbsup:

No Retreat, No Surrender is also on the Hard Drive, none of its shitty sequels though. My VHS is sat next to bloodsport as well. Must be male instinct :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Saw the oddly named Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol last night. It's really fucking good and a ton of fun. Definitely needs to be seen on the big screen for the Dubai scenes which won't be anywhere near as good on a small screen.

• Paid Members
Best of the Best 1 and 2

No Retreat, No Surrender is also on the Hard Drive, none of its shitty sequels though. My VHS is sat next to bloodsport as well. Must be male instinct :thumbsup:

Cynthia Rothrock was in NRNS 2. That fact alone makes it not shitty.

Cynthia Rothrock was in NRNS 2. That fact alone makes it not shitty.

Cynthia Rothrock!

What a lovely lass! I had a pure fancy for her in my teens. My local video store used to order me her films and it got to a point where i had seen every film she was in

China O`Brian sticks in my head as being good and some film about an alien and kids being not so good.

remembering her scorpion kick makes me smile!

• Paid Members

Kill List - Brit thriller about 2 hitmen who are on a job that takes an unexpecte turn. This was critically lauded on it's release so my anticipation was high going into it. I'd seen the debut film from the guys debut film 'Down Terrace' which although far from perfect impressed me, mainly due to it being absolutely believable. The criminals (in both these films) are the men next door, they're not driving fancy cars & living the high life, they're in tracky bottoms driving a Ford Focus, dropping the kids at school before going about their business. The 2 leads playing the hitmen were great, the dialogue realistic & the slow burn, kitchen sink drama with horrific bursts of violence worked really well but the third act seemed very disjointed. I'd be interested to see what other people thought of this as I imagine if this was a Hollywood film it wouldn't have been given such an easy pass from the critics. Worth a watch but I imagine it'll frustrate as many people as it impresses.

• Paid Members

Judging by the love it / loathe it split that Kill List seems to have inspired from people, I am pretty sure I will love it. I usually love films that completely split audiences.

• Paid Members

I don't fall in either camp. It was good but just not as good as Empire/Total Film suggested. I'm convinced they let a lot of shit slide because it was a Brit Flick that they would've crucified an American director over. Hurry up & watch it so we can argue about it.