Have you ever met anyone famous?

Have you ever tapped off with the Tointons?

I wish. Kara's seeing Joe Swash now though who is a massive cunt.

After they played brother and sister? How very Brady Bunch ;)

I've met Muhammed Ali at a book signing in the 90s then about a year ago met Jordan. A bit of a contrast :)

Both came across as nice people at the time, but when you meet someone at a book signing it is over so quick.

Also met a load comic writers and artists back in the day. John Ostrander a writer for several comics I used to read chatted with me for ages and even drew me a picture lol Another one was Pete Miligan who was really funny.

Oh yeah another I met was Tim Westwood at Notting Hill Carnival in 1995 when he first joined Radio 1. I played dumb with him and acted as if I knew nothing about him and asked if he was to do with the radio 1 road show and if Janice Long would be there. "No it's Rap man" :p

Also met Paul Weller at the 100 Club to see his support band at the time. I was just telling my mates that my dad had been working at his house that week then I saw him just behind me lol He was a nice bloke and chatted for a while about music.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

A few stand up comedians, mostly obscure. Shazia Mirza was a fucking dullard, Andrew Lawrence was really shy, Norman Lovett was funny and very friendly. I also met Edwina Currie when I was in Sainsbury's once. Well, I say 'met', I just mostly wanted her to go down the egg aisle so I could take the piss out of her but she didn't. Also, my wife saw her and her daughter yelling at staff in Mothercare for not giving them a refund for something. I also once saw Beppe off the Womanising Circuit duck into Stationary Box after some schoolgirls chased after him and screamed.

• Awards Moderator

When I first saw this thread I was afraid to go in because I was sure everybody else has met more famous people (and is therefore "better") than me. But then I thought, fuck it, I want to do a list. I'm excluding wrestlers 'cause this is the Off Topic area but I did once meet Robbie Brookside in Disneyland...

Peter Beardsley - yeah, okay, just about everyone in the Newcastle area's met him at one time or another. It was in Marks & Spencer. He was fine.

Jannick Gers (guitarist for Iron Maiden) - met him at a Jeff Beck gig, seemed perfectly nice.

David Prowse (played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars films) - was really nice, even got to interview him for the student newspaper (though the bastard of an editor wouldn't publish more than 500 words because he claimed Star Wars was too small a niche. $2 billion at the box office! And he then goes and devotes an entire page to some shite indie band nobody's heard of. Cunt). Just don't ask him about James Earl Jones...

Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright - okay, it was at a signing for Hot Fuzz, but Pegg said hello to me so it counts.

Andy Hamilton - visited my place of work with his son. As did, at another time, the guy who played Martin Platt in Coronation Street...

Cary Brothers, Brian Wright and Greg Laswell (singer-songwriters - Cary has been featured on Scrubs quite a lot) - the type of people who introduce themselves to you when you meet them, appearing genuinely surprised that you've reocgnised them.

Princess Caroline of Monaco - I served Melba toast to her to go with her caviar.

Prince Harry - was very friendly and seemed a genuinely nice bloke.

Waldemar Janucszak (Sunday Times art critic) - he likes his art. Very interesting chappie.

Alan Shearer, Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen and Steve Harper - all at a dinner party. Shearer couldn't give a toss, LLB seemed alright and Harper said hi, so there you go.

Then there's the Duke of Northumberland and his family, but I won't count them since technically they're my bosses and could get me fired.

Met Lee Evans after a gig in Northampton. Spoke for about 10 minutes, had a lot of time for me and we chatted about Cameron Diaz and her preference for not wearing underwear during the filming of There's Something About Mary.

Briefly met Jordan at a nightclub in Northampton. She gave me a kiss after I told her she looked gorgeous. She's easy.

Met Gail Porter when she was doing The Big Breakfast. I even made it on TV sitting on the TBB couch.