Have you ever met anyone famous?

Met Sven Goran Erikkson over at West Ham, quietly spoken but very pleasant and actually seemed interested in talking, even though you knew he had better things to do.

Matthew Upson, top man and a stunning wife too.

The majority of the TNA roster were really decent guys too. I can't speak highly enough of Kurt Angle who was the nicest celebrity I've met.

On the negative, James Storm and Robert Roode were both arrogant bastards.

Me and a friend were walking to a club up westend and we saw Michael Barrymore we asked to get a picture and he was well cool, he had to rush off as he was taking a WOMAN out for her birthday so apologised for having to leave so abruptlyand off he went he was a nice bloke though. I saw the dude who played charlie from corrie he lives down new cross he was cool but reminded me immidiately hes name was bill which is fair enough.

Doug Naylor - I only remember this vaguely because I was little (like 5 or 6) but he was lovely, his fake leg frightened me though

And I may be mocked for this but nahh well.

Cradle of filth - Dani filth is a rude twat, met him before a concert in manchester and all he could do was swear at everyone, then during the concert because I was at the front he poured water over my breasts, it was classy, I was annoyed.

The rest of cradle were actually really nice though, especially dave pybus.

On the same day I met deathstars who were complete tossers, and I had to remove whiplasher's crotch from my face because some idiot called tom from Stoke decided to pull him off the stage into my face, and he isn't packing much.

Misfits - Amazingly nice guys, I got sweaty hugs and everything

Met a few different people when I had open heart surgery in 1991.

While staying at the hospital I was invited to open the newest ward with John Leslie and (i think) Diane-Louise Jordan for Blue Peter. Can't remember too much about it, but they seemed nice enough.

Then when I was recovering the hospital arranged for me to meet Rick Wakeman (yes, I know what you're thinking. What's an 8 year old boy doing listening to Rick Wakeman). He was a really nice guy and gave up lots of his time to meet me.

I've met a few footballers associated with Dundee United over the years - Lee Wilkie deserves a mention for being a good guy.

Like a lot of other people, I've met Alan Fletcher, who is a great guy too.

I'm sure I've met others but I can't remember off-hand. Lorraine Kelly isn't all smiles and sunshine though. Even though she lives in the Dunde area, when asked if she could attend a Save the Children event, she said yes, as long as Save the Children paid for her air fare for her and her family to get up to Dundee. Despite living here. Jeeeesus.

Oh, and I'm technically step-cousins with one zzzzz-lister who I won't mention, and she and her family are among the most vile people walking the planet. Her mother especially may well be the physical embodiment of everything that is horrendous about the human race.

• Paid Members
We went to see The Chuckle Brothers for a laugh a few years ago, and before the interval they ran around the audience with custard pies (or shaving foam on paper plates). The taller/fatter/less shrivelled Chuckle came up to me and said "you're a bit old to be here, aren't you?" to which I replied "so are you", and he promptly smashed the plate of foam into my face as hard as he could. It was bad though, I went to the toilets to clean it off and there was a massive queue of kids all crying their eyes out because they'd been pied by their heroes. What cunts those Chuckle Brothers are.

I had tears in my eyes too after reading this. The thought of Barry Chuckle "shoot" custard pieing a heckler makes me love them even more.

2 cunts are Russell Howard & Jerry Sadowitz.

Jerry Sadowitz refused me an autograph when I was about 14. I suppose he was a bit rude, but when I think about it, he was just being himself.

And when I used to run a college radio station we had Chesney Hawkes in the studio to do an interview on his big comeback, which failed miserably probably because he was promoting it on college radio. He seemed ok, but was only there about 7 minutes.

Which college was this? My band supported Cheney when he played at Bishop Grosse Testes in (I think) March '01.

Nice enough chap. At the time, our singer was trying to nob the singer of another band whose dad hated chesney's dad. "Oh no, not the facking Tremoloes!"

I think the main reason his comeback bombed was because the release of the single was delayed and didn't come out for over a year after did the promotion for it.

• Paid Members
Then when I was recovering the hospital arranged for me to meet Rick Wakeman (yes, I know what you're thinking. What's an 8 year old boy doing listening to Rick Wakeman). He was a really nice guy and gave up lots of his time to meet me.

You should never be ashamed of liking Rick Wakeman. Good story.

• Paid Members
Matt Dawson - Annoying pain in the rear. Met him at a Golf Society day, and was one of the most obnoxious/big headed blokes I think I've actually met.

We saw him and Ian Botham at Malaga airport last year and he was nothing but nice. Let my mrs get a photo with him as well. Botham looked a bit miffed that she wasn't interested in talking to him though.

I'm not ashamed of liking Rick Wakeman - far from it - but I've come to learn he's an aquired taste :)

Alan Fletcher does tours of student unions and 'Walkabout' clubs in the UK a couple of times a year with his band, Waiting Room.

At the end of each gig, he does a meet and greet, taking the time to spend a few minutes with everyone who wants to see him. A class act and a gentleman.

apart from wrestlers?

The Wildhearts - been on first name terms with Ginger and CJ for a few years now. have had some great nights in their company

RATT - managed to get to an after show party and me and a mate stood woth Bobby Blotzer, all drinking and watching WWE One Night Stand. RATT were excellent guys

Casey Chaos - cunt of the highest degree. when they were backing up The Wildhearts we were sitting with Stidi who used to drum for The Wildhearts. going past Casey to get a round in, he walks straight up asking did i want his autograph. on reply of 'no thanks mate', i was hot with 'you know who the fuck i am'? my retort in front of the bar staff and various friends? 'a fucking jumped up midget prick'

Sepultura - lovely guys

James from the Manics - rude little cunt

John Squire- gentleman. heard some bad storied but a lovely man when we had a chat.

James Nesbitt - really thought he was going to be a top bloke but an arrogant twat

Fran Cosgrave - out of his head pissed one afternoon in a bar i watch footie in. absolute legend. brilliant laugh with him

few more to post later when i remember

Apart from wrestlers obviously, let's think....

Bumped into Damon Hill while waiting for an airport shuttle bus at Gatwick Airport after coming back from Edinburgh last year, really nice guy. Actually, Edinburgh is celebrity central. Roy Walker, awesome bloke, got a photo with him, Rory McGrath was in a hurry but stopped for a photo, ditto Nicholas Parsons. Despite what people may think, Jimmy Carr is a super nice guy who basically says that he'd be nothing without his fans - we actually saw him in a small 60 seater venue watching another comedian, Simon Munnery, who himself has all the time in the world for people. Bob Mortimer was a miserable git who wanted everyone to leave him alone despite the fact that he was standing in the middle of a public place (Ashford International station). Lucy Porter is tiny, cute and lovely, Kirsten O'Brien from CBBC was very pretty in the flesh and again had all the time in the world for you, even though she had a bad back.

When I worked in local radio, I was covering a Brighton & Hove Albion game, which was coincidentally being shown live on Sky. After the game, all the journalists wait around the press area for the manager (Micky Adams at the time during his first time as boss) to say a few words for the news bulletins the next day. The guys from Sky were being complete arses, ordering the rest of us to stand here and not get in the way and arrogantly walked straight up to Micky Adams, assuming he'd come straight over to talk to them. He walked past them, explaining to them, "Let me talk to the local boys first lads, they're here every game". The man went up in my estimation tenfold then, I'll never forget it.

The most bizarre place I ever saw a celebrity was about 10 years ago. My dad is in his local Lions Club and they were running a Donkey Derby on the August Bank Holiday in a place called Seaford, near Newhaven on the south coast, and I was helping the Lions out for the day. All of a sudden, we noticed a few people gathering around a lanky figure who turned out to be Jarvis Cocker. I asked him that most stupid question of "Excuse me, are you Jarvis Cocker?" to which he replied "I'm afraid so, yes". I then got a photo with him, and he patiently waited while my camera decided to not work. Apparently, he was visiting friends down in Sussex and didn't want to go into Brighton as he wouldn't be able to move (this was more or less at the height of Pulp's success).

Slayer were very nice blokes also The Quireboys. mind you i had wanted to meet Spike from The Quireboys for years so proceeded to mark out like a freak. once my mate told him i was a Sunderland supporter there was some banter with him being a Barcode. 'A' were top blokes when we met them years ago. Nasty Nick from Big Brother was actually a nice fella to have a chat with.

one of the worst was George Best. i was working in a bookstore he was doing a signing session in and was a complete wanker. he made sure the staff room was off limits for us therefore ensuring we had to wait 2 hours to grab our belongings from lockers, was a generally miserable cunt to placate. on the other hand his wife at the time Alex Best was fucking excellent. took the time to talk to you, ask what your hobbies were (yes i was tempted to reply giving you one in the stockroom). lovely looking in the flesh.

Roy Keane was alright. we met him at the Stadium of Light last season and was lucky to get him to pose for a pic. all was good until the stupid cunt i gave my cam fone to managed to fuck it up and the pic didnt come out. at that point it was too late as this was pre-match so security were getting him into the ground.

others who were cool were Jesse Malin when he was in D Generation, Enuff Z'Nuff (kind to let us stay on their tour bus til the wee hours with their support band and offer us loads of booze), The Almighty (got to know Ricky Warwick quite well over the years as his nephew and cousin are good friends of mine) and Duffy when i blagged into a soundcheck one afternoon. Keith Duffy is a top bloke. met him a few times now and had a few pints with him. great craic and a great storyteller

would love to meet Stacey from EastEnders and Girls Aloud (for obvious reasons) so to the lucky fuckers here who have....i doff my cap

Edited by Wez