Mark from Bluetones

Explosions in the Sky (ATP)

Raekwon from WU TANG (ATP)

Chris Evans (I was 14)

I've also met a few wrestlers.

Rhyno (twice)

Rey Mysterio (lovely guy!)

TNA Meet in Greet Coventry roster

My mate is a booker and has booked all sorts, from Howard Marks to Sepultura. Arseholes are actually less common but there are a few stand outs.

Steven Segal

Van Morrison

I've also met Dave Grohl's old drum tech from the Nirvana days. It wasn't really the right environment to discuss Nirvana but as the night wore on we talked a fair bit about Nirvana. Not famous but an interesting night!

Edited by mattshutter

• Paid Members

met a few fighters at the Cage Rage shows in London, not one dick amongst them too be honest. Some i just grabbed pics with so didn't really interact but they were all nice.

Stephen Quadros (mma commentator) was sound as fuck, he chatted for a while and seemed happy that me and my mate recognised him.

Gary 'Smiler' Turner may just be the nicest man in the world, that guy went out of his way to talk to the fans. It made me root for him in every fight hes been in since.

James Thompson was very polite too despite the fact that he'd been KO'd about 2 hours previously.

met a few bigger names too (Vitor Belfort, Mario Sperry etc.) and all of them were sound dudes, didn't really chat with them, but they had time for anyone who wanted to know.

I met the chuckle brothers 10 years ago (nice guys)

honky tonk man (totally buried lawler and flair)

ultimate warrior (cool guy)

alex shane (nicest guys you will ever meet)

ted dibase

mick foley

rowdy roddy piper

jake roberts (stoned)

and going to bret harts book signing in a few weeks

• Admin
I met Kula Shaker when they played at my Student Union on their renunion tour in 06. I worked there, and before bands went on, they used our staff room as a green room of sorts, seeing as we didn't have anything better. Also, due to the poor, old fashioned layout of the place, staff sometimes had to use it as thoroughfare. This was one of those occasions, and Kula Shaker were incredibly abusive to a couple of newish starters, shouting at them for invading personal space, personal time while they were being creative etc etc etc

They were rude and obnoxious throughout the day, so being a bit of a twat about it (as I was seen as a more senior member of staff), I did probably both the worst and best thing I ever did in that job. I made them up a tray of hot drinks per their request, but before taking the tray up, I introduced the teaspoons to my balls. And then watched them stir their drinks with said spoons. I don't endorse this sort of thing at all (spit-burgers etc), but I was a sucker for the ego-boosting kudos. No regrets really, they were all complete tools.

This story is virtually identical to that of a mate of mine who did this at Stafford Uni. We lived together at the time and he took great pleasure in telling me when he got home. I have a feeling it was someone like McFly or Busted or something and he rubbed the fresh lemons they had requested on his balls. Classy.

Racking my brains I've only really ever met footballers, all Cov related...

Noel Whelan - I must have been about 12 and I idolised him at the time. He was cool. Shortly after he kicked in a plate glass window in Leamington on some 'other shit' as a rapper might call it. Alledgedly.

Gordon Strachan - took serious exception to my Dad questioning his decision to let Alex Miller (2nd in command, defensive coach) go back to Scotland... we conceded a lot of goals and got relegated that season I think. Nice guy when he wants to be but he has that classic sore loser Scottish temprement.

Peter Reid - Jovial but ultimately clueless, as you'd expect. Called me a 'big fucker' and said 'can you play tomorrow and mark Carl Cort?'. Not sure he was joking.

Mo Konjic - When I was about 16 and worked in Currys he came in to buy a fridge. He'd not long moved here from Bosnia and I felt really sorry for him. He was permanently bench bound under Gordon Strachan at the time. Later went on to become a massive cult hero at Cov. Still love the guy.

Steve Ogrizovic - Another Cov legend and a lovely guy. Even taller and uglier in person.

I also saw Brian Borrows in the pub on Friday. No-one remembers him.

• Paid Members
Nice guy when he wants to be but he has that classic sore loser Scottish temprement.

"classic sore loser Scottish temprament"?! Excuse me?!

Erm...anyway, does anyone have any nice stories about Alan Davies, or is he basically just a prick...?

I have the following celebs make the odd purchase or 2 from my work and i get to have chat with them all nice:

Lorraine McIntosh

Carol Smilie

Dominic Diamond

Also met the band Wednesday 13 by accident in Glasgow on the day they had a gig.

When living in St ALbans I met a couple of Z listers some that spring to mind was

Sid Owen (Ricky form eastenders) Basically saaid hello to him while we were both slumped ove rpissed at the bar, not nice not arse hole but was apprently snorting coke in the VIP loos all night

Michelle Bass from one of the big brothers was in another bar on a night out. my mate hit on her and did quite well till we put a stop to that, she came in to the next bar later after an invite from him but we were again too fucked very up herself IIRC. Plus we worked in the same pub company as this bar was in so got VIP and free drinks etc when she was stuggling to get her tarty self served.

I once got evils from rachel stepehns for trying to photograph her arse in the southampton gadget shop

notiable arsehole from many a year ago - trevor mcdonald....we were at a theatre in stratford upon avon when I was around 10 watching a pantomime thing, basically he decideing he had already queue jumped his way into the building would also do the same in the programme queue, unfortunately he barged my dad, so if it wasnt for a quick shouting at by my mum to behave himself Im sure my dad would have levelled the old twat

Nearly forgot one. Connie Crighton. May not mean much to you but she was the hand of Sooty! Infact, my mum works at a playgroup and booked her to do leaving parties at the end of the year for about 15 years until she came ill last year and died shortly afterwards. Charming lady. It's sad because she had a stroke before she died and wanted to do my mum's playgroup christmas despite it. Her husband had to cancel the gig for her and forced her to stay in. Truly lovely and the kids always loved her.

When living in St ALbans I met a couple of Z listers some that spring to mind was

Sid Owen (Ricky form eastenders) Basically saaid hello to him while we were both slumped ove rpissed at the bar, not nice not arse hole but was apprently snorting coke in the VIP loos all night

Michelle Bass from one of the big brothers was in another bar on a night out. my mate hit on her and did quite well till we put a stop to that, she came in to the next bar later after an invite from him but we were again too fucked very up herself IIRC. Plus we worked in the same pub company as this bar was in so got VIP and free drinks etc when she was stuggling to get her tarty self served.

I once got evils from rachel stepehns for trying to photograph her arse in the southampton gadget shop

notiable arsehole from many a year ago - trevor mcdonald....we were at a theatre in stratford upon avon when I was around 10 watching a pantomime thing, basically he decideing he had already queue jumped his way into the building would also do the same in the programme queue, unfortunately he barged my dad, so if it wasnt for a quick shouting at by my mum to behave himself Im sure my dad would have levelled the old twat

I wish I could be as cool as you.

In the mid/late 90s, Children's ITV filmed an episode of their "Go Getters" game show at my school. The celebrity contestants were Daniella Westbrook, Craig Charles and Carol Smillie. Westbrook was all mouth when anyone asked for her autograph ("fack owff!"), Craig Charles was happy to chat with anyone (or possibly he was just happy about not getting found guilty when he'd been charged for rape a while earlier), and Carol Smillie hid in the van the whole time. I was determined to get her autograph for some reason, and went round the back of the van to see if I could speak to her through the window - but she was getting changed and I ran away when I got scared at the sight of a lady taking her top off and sitting there in her bra whilst looking through her bag for a proper t-shirt.

I do have a story about Alan Davies being polite though! It was back when he was doing adverts for Abbey National, and I was at Lime Street station queueing up for the cash machine. The bloke in front was taking ages, and when he eventually finished he turned round and apologised for taking so long and said he hoped it hadn't made me late for my train. It was definitely Alan Davies, and it was an Abbey National cash machine.

A couple from the place I used to work - the man who plays the fat policeman with glasses on Shameless is a bit of a prick (miserable bastard REALLY objects to people asking for his autograph), and Sinbad off Brookside was a strange one - surrounded himself with people in the brightest-lit corner of the room, and had one of the door staff standing nearby telling people he was on a night out and didn't want to be disturbed.

We went to see The Chuckle Brothers for a laugh a few years ago, and before the interval they ran around the audience with custard pies (or shaving foam on paper plates). The taller/fatter/less shrivelled Chuckle came up to me and said "you're a bit old to be here, aren't you?" to which I replied "so are you", and he promptly smashed the plate of foam into my face as hard as he could. It was bad though, I went to the toilets to clean it off and there was a massive queue of kids all crying their eyes out because they'd been pied by their heroes. What cunts those Chuckle Brothers are.