Have you ever met anyone famous?

• Moderators
Sinbad off Brookside was a strange one - surrounded himself with people in the brightest-lit corner of the room, and had one of the door staff standing nearby telling people he was on a night out and didn't want to be disturbed.

That's the biggest type of fucking cunt. And it tends to be people off Soaps who act like that, from stories told to me.

I have met sinbad from brookside too come to think of it,

I work in the hotel industry and this guy was always looking for attention

he'd come down to the lobby walk about with his phone out looking to be noticed then nobody cared and he went back upstairs,

i've met all of girls aloud, Sarah was very nice to talk to, dead flirty, met her in work and outside of work in a bar, with a lot of time inbetween,

Bob Holness was a nice bloke,

Matt Dawson - Annoying pain in the rear. Met him at a Golf Society day, and was one of the most obnoxious/big headed blokes I think I've actually met.

Brian Blessed - Very funny and down to earth, and completely the opposite to what you see on TV. Very quiet spoken, very intelligent and has a bundle of stories that would make you wet your pants! I regulary see him and his wife walking the dogs and are very charming people.

Tim Henman - Nice chap, good sense of humour and always has time for a quick chat out on the golf course.

• Paid Members
We went to see The Chuckle Brothers for a laugh a few years ago, and before the interval they ran around the audience with custard pies (or shaving foam on paper plates). The taller/fatter/less shrivelled Chuckle came up to me and said "you're a bit old to be here, aren't you?" to which I replied "so are you", and he promptly smashed the plate of foam into my face as hard as he could. It was bad though, I went to the toilets to clean it off and there was a massive queue of kids all crying their eyes out because they'd been pied by their heroes. What cunts those Chuckle Brothers are.

That is fantastic :laugh:

• Paid Members

Met loads of bands, the ones I remember particularly nice or dickish were :-

Nice :-

Foo Fighters

Feeder

Public Enemy - Flav is an absolutely diamond bloke, got an awesome photo with him

Goo Goo Dolls

Matchbox 20

Counting Crows

Reef

Ill Bill

Everlast

Cocks :-

No Doubt

Korn

I promote stand-up comedy so have met & know loads of comedians, the vast majority are really nice namey :-

Reginald D Hunter

Stewart Lee

Justin Moorhouse

Jason Manford

Alan Carr

Mark Watson

Rhod Gilbert

Robin Ince

2 cunts are Russell Howard & Jerry Sadowitz. Shane Ritchie is a fucking twat also

• Paid Members

Pulled out of a gig he was booked for but in an unprofessional way, a lot of people I've spoken to have said that as soon as his TV work started taking off he disppeared up in his own arse.

I've met quite a few famous people over the years as my best mate works for the BBC (currently works as a producer of sorts on Graham Norton show)

Dick and Dom were good guys, Vernon Kaye was a nob.

I met Toploader after they played a gig in Colchester and they were round the back of the venue kicking a football about after the show and they invited me and my friends to play. They were cool. I didn't actually go to the gig, I'd never pay money to see Toploader, but we didn't tell them that. We were just walking past.

Anyone remember the group Boom! from about 2001? Didn't think so, they only had one single, got to number 11. Anyway the girl in the group called Rachel went to school with my mate Dave and she had an audition for the band and needed a song which I had so I lent it to her she used it and got in the band. So I met her a few times before she was "famous".

And when I used to run a college radio station we had Chesney Hawkes in the studio to do an interview on his big comeback, which failed miserably probably because he was promoting it on college radio. He seemed ok, but was only there about 7 minutes.

Also briefly met Phillip Schofield, Richard Wilson and Richard Briers.

Oh yeh also Stacey from Eastenders. Nicccce. She was friends with a friend of mine.

Edited by The Dart

The ugly one from the Kaiser Chiefs springs to mind for me. We'd just finished watching Interpol at Leeds 2007 and had to get out before Kings of Leon. So we went and sat by the side of the crowd, and we notice this guy at the fence kicking off. So we walk over and its him blowing his load because he can't get in, he's like "Don't you know who I am, I'm in the fucking band" but they're having none of it. We're lapping it in, having a great time watching him sweat. So he's on the phone, and he turns to us and screams "What the fuck are you looking at?!"

Much to his dismay, we all fell to the ground pissing ourselves, he was getting so annoyed and didn't know what to do, cry or start a fight. Eventually he got in and our fun was over.

Bodger and Badger were a dodgy pair too. The badger was much nicer, he gave me a kiss. Dirty twat. Yet he was a complete fucking stiff. Didn't have a word to say, looked like he'd just fell out of a tree.

Dave Juan from Chromeo, he's a bit of a cunt.

Andy Rourke from The Smiths was a class act, as is Ainsley Harriot. Though he went a big sour when he realised we had jumped the book buying table and brought him some Fairy Liquid to sign. He saw the funny side eventually, and gave us the catchphrase.

Michael Barrymore was another good one, reeling off his old gags. Handshake like a plate of jelly though. A very fragile man.

Tim Booth from James was awesome, had a chat with him for a bit, a proper nice bloke. Justice were amazing, both of them can't speak much english, but they made up for it in immature charm. Mr. Oizo was one of the best i've ever met, he had a lot of time for everyone. I caught him just as he was about to go on, and he still had a good chat and made sure I didn't walk away before he gave me a high five.

This may get the envy bug from one or two on the forum (I've read the unconventional hotties thread :p) but... Lorraine Kelly.

It was ages ago in Dundee. She was doing GMTV from there and got pissed in the Union either the same day or the weekend after (I drank/smoked a lot - it's hard to recall). It's hard to recall as it was years ago (and the stuff in brackets) but she was absolutly brilliant and handled her drink like a true Scot; in extreme doses.

• Paid Members

lesley philips was an amazing chap when i met him.

as was Piper and frank bruno, who insisted on teaching us a "handshake"

Robert Lywelen was a bit odd, just wanted to plug some show on some crap channel and get it all over with.

This may get the envy bug from one or two on the forum (I've read the unconventional hotties thread :p) but... Lorraine Kelly.

It was ages ago in Dundee. She was doing GMTV from there and got pissed in the Union either the same day or the weekend after (I drank/smoked a lot - it's hard to recall). It's hard to recall as it was years ago (and the stuff in brackets) but she was absolutly brilliant and handled her drink like a true Scot; in extreme doses.

Jammy Twat :laugh:

I promote stand-up comedy so have met & know loads of comedians, the vast majority are really nice namey :-

Reginald D Hunter

Stewart Lee

Justin Moorhouse

Jason Manford

Alan Carr

Mark Watson

Rhod Gilbert

Robin Ince

That is a list of people i would give a limb to meet. Especially Reginald D. Hunter, Rhod Gilbert and Robin Ince.