Have you ever met anyone famous?

Met chris jericho after a gig he did with fozzy was a really nice guy but cut it short to join the two hot women he came out with on the tour bus.

Also while working away met the guy from skins nic holt he was quite cool.

I met Bob Sapp last week when wandering around Tokyo one day. He was with a hot woman, and his kid (presumably). It was a case of literally just walking around a corner, then seeing Bob Sapp walk right past me. I was in two minds as to whether I should approach him or not, but decided Id never get the chance again. I walked up to him, said sorry for interupting him, and asked for a pic. He was great, shook my hand, smiled and said it wasnt a problem. He posed for a pic, then talked to a few other people and posed with them, the highlight being a pose he did when with a tiny Japanese girl. Wish I took a pic of that. He was wearing a T-Shirt, and was fucking HUGE. Great guy, though.

I've met too many wrestlers and bands to go through, but have had some memorable encounters!

I met Roger from Less Than Jake at reading festival a couple years back, he was just stood in the crowd watching Slayer's set! I knew it was him so I casually went over and said hi and shook his hand and made pleasant small talk, and mentioned seeing them live before at Reading and he was like "Yeah that was fucking gnarley!" and then I said bye and enjoy Slayer and left him. Then some goofs ran up to him and were all like "Are you that guy from Less Than Jake?!" and he was just "Uh I might be...."

Also met Bowling for Soup at a signing, they were cool, the fat one was a bit miserable though lol but lead singer was well chatty and I mentioned summit about the shit British weather as it was pouring down last July he said "I know dude It hasn't stopped raining since we got here!" and then I asked him about his tattoos cos he has some unusal ones of children's toys on his lower arm.

Met tonnes of wrestlers but Raven sticks out. Loadsa people reckon he's a knob but he was a legend to me. He actually came up to me and started checking out my tattoos saying how much he liked them. Then he called CM Punk over and was like "Punk Punk, come here, we found your British cousin!" And Punk just smirked and gave a 'nod of approval' haha.

I met Kris Akabusi he came to my secondary school for some sponsered sports thing and every1 in the school had their photo taken with him, but they ran out of film at my go so I had to sit and chat to him for about 5 mins. Think we just chatted about the football.

Some God's Girls did a dj set at the local rock club and although not strictly 'famous' they have appeared modeling in alternative magazines and stuff, but they were really pretentious and stuck up acting like they were world famous hollywood celebrities! So I wasn't impressed! They were fit though!

Also when I was about 13 I went to St Jame's Park and saw Warren Barton putting his kids into his car, but i was too scared to go and say hi haha, so I just stood there staring at him and he looked at me and just got in his car. It haunts me to this day I didn't speak!!

Forgot one, met a childhood hero Timmy Mallett a few years ago when he was doing a night at our Uni, we had to pick him up from the airport. I'll never forget the following slice of dialogue as long as I live.

Me: Hi Timmy, thanks for coming (I put out hand for handshake).

Timmy: (Completely deadpan). It's John. Where are the girls? (Doesn't even acknowledge said handshake attempt).

And, well...

sunderland-uni-2-224.jpg

There they are Timmy...there they are. Sigh...

• Paid Members
Me: Hi Timmy, thanks for coming (I put out hand for handshake).

Timmy: (Completely deadpan). It's John. Where are the girls? (Doesn't even acknowledge said handshake attempt).

Hang on a sec, I thought his name actually was Timmy Mallett? (I'm not joking)

• Paid Members

I thought so too.

Wiki doesn't mention another name or that it's a stage name. Not that Wiki is the all-knowing oracle of truth or anything, it's just that it seems like something you'd include on his wiki page.

On the plus side:

In 2002, Timmy Mallett forced West Ham United Football Club to stop selling copies of their mascot, Herbie the Hammer, in their club shop after he complained that it looked too similar to Pinky Punky. West Ham United called the matter "trivial".

Loser.

In 2002 Timmy's original foam mallet from the TV-am shows was lost during a Wacagig in Leeds club Evolution. "I was livid when the mallet disappeared," he told The Sun. "It was the one I used on TV and had taken all over the country. "The club doormen promised me 'Nowt gets past us' - but my huge foam, multi-coloured mallet did. I chased the bloke but he got away. I had to get a copy made." He continued:

Christ, I bet the mallet thief was the most popular student of all time. TIMMY MALLETT'S ACTUAL MALLET! WOT A LEGEND! I bet the chase was hilarious though.

Everyone seeing the chase scene, and bear in mind the odds on drugs having been consumed given the nightclub setting, must have gone into a mental breakdown - surely the person with a mallet should be chasing the person without one?

• Paid Members
I met Bob Sapp last week when wandering around Tokyo one day. He was with a hot woman, and his kid (presumably). It was a case of literally just walking around a corner, then seeing Bob Sapp walk right past me. I was in two minds as to whether I should approach him or not, but decided Id never get the chance again. I walked up to him, said sorry for interupting him, and asked for a pic. He was great, shook my hand, smiled and said it wasnt a problem. He posed for a pic, then talked to a few other people and posed with them, the highlight being a pose he did when with a tiny Japanese girl. Wish I took a pic of that. He was wearing a T-Shirt, and was fucking HUGE. Great guy, though.

Post the pic!

• Paid Members
I met Timmy Mallett once. He's a short-arsed sour prick.

IMMEDIATE EDIT DUE TO FLASHBACK:

Oh, and I met Jon Tickle once too. That was an interesting moment.

And the universe didn't implode? :omg:

I was thinking something similar. :/

Freaky, I'll give you your weight in jewels if you sneak into Jon Tickle's funeral (when the day eventually comes) and slowly emerge from behind his coffin making ghost sounds.

I met Timmy Mallett once. He's a short-arsed sour prick.

IMMEDIATE EDIT DUE TO FLASHBACK:

Oh, and I met Jon Tickle once too. That was an interesting moment.

And the universe didn't implode? :omg:

I was thinking something similar. :/

Freaky, I'll give you your weight in jewels if you sneak into Jon Tickle's funeral (when the day eventually comes) and slowly emerge from behind his coffin making ghost sounds.

I might consider that.

When I met him, he said it was like looking into a mirror. Then - knowing he liked his wrestling - I asked him about what he thought about the main event of Unforgiven 2003, which was Goldberg v HHH. He told me it was all about Goldberg, and he wasn't wrong.