Have you ever met anyone famous?

• Paid Members

I saw The Macdonald Brothers a few months ago by total accident at the opening of some charity thing. I thought "No one will ever believe me that I saw them unless I take a photo of them!" then I whipped out the old camera phone, and went to take a picture. One of them noticed, then said to me "you can get your picture taken with us if you like." Sheepishly I declined, then quickly ran away before anyone could see my face.

Dave Grohl - Ozzfest 1998. met him before Sabbath were to come on and asking what he was looking forward to hearing, i was met with a 'fuck off man'. absolute prick.

That surprises me, I ran into Dave Grohl a few weeks ago (he was sitting outside a cafe here in London having a drink with someone) I approached him subtly and respectfully and after giving him a compliment or two we had a nice little chat about metal (he liked my Exodus T-shirt, we both like Celtic Frost) I got a photo with him (which he even got out of his seat to stand up for) and we shook hands and I went away very happy.

He was a great dude, shame your experience wasn't as good as mine.

to be honest it surprised me too, going by stories i have read in the past. maybe it was an off day i guess.

Ricky Warwick from The Almighty is a top top bloke. know him through some of his relatives and was a strange experience to become friends with a guy i looked up to as a kid.always enjoy a pint and football chat when in company. although he wasnt best pleased when we took the rest of The Almighty to a pub in Belfast and proceeded to drink away and skip soundcheck. a humble apology settled it although his beef was more with the band than his cousin and myself.

Michael from Therapy? is a good guy, very dry wit with it.

remember meeting Machine Head on their first Euro tour as support to Slayer and thought they were very nice guys especially Adam. Robb was pretty cool.

Chris McCormack who used to be in 3 Colours Red is simply awesome. hadnt seen him in years until he came over to Belfast playing guitar with Gary Numan. remembered my name from the times we followed them on tour and drinking with the band and was like seeing an old friend. stuck me on the guest list for the gig and brought a rake of pints over as he correctly assumed i was a tad broke at the time.

Gavin Rossdale from Bush and Skin from Skunk Anansie are arrogant bastards. Rossdale was just an utter cunt.

James Dean Bradfield was a rude little shite. asked him politely to sign my cover of The Holy Bible to my name, he scribbled JDB. regardless i thanked him for taking the time to sign my CD cover and offered him the best of luck for the gig. his response was 'i dont fucking need any luck alright'.

always heard bad stories about John Squire but upon meeting him, he was well up for a chat and getting some stuff signed when he was with the Seahorses.

Keith Duffy i have met and had a pint with a couple of times as he would frequent a wee bar when in Belfast. very funny guy, loves to hold court and always has a good joke to tell. very affable fella. had some banter about the boyband thing but again he has a comeback for you and takes it all his stride.

Ive met afair few famous people mostly bands and westlers that im not gonna bother getting into, but one that should be mentioned was being at a Limp Bizkit/soulfly after show party and chatting to fred durst and wes borland.

it was just after Limp got off tour with Faith No More and me and my mate storm was asking about them about FNM and what Patton was like?

Wes was really into Patton and Mr Bungle so we were chatting about them loads, but Fred Dust said they suck live and are totally overatted, so we just ignored him.

ANYWAY 6 months later we saw Limp Bizkit (AGAIN :angry: ) i think it was with Korn and we bumped into Fred at The Chicken Shop by the Astoria. He looked at us and was like "hey your those kids from the party" and storm was like "hey yor that prick who doesn't like FNM" then started laughing at him and e walked away

Out of order on my part i know but since alot of people i know who really like Limp Bizkit have told me they met Durst and he was nothing bt a prick to them, So fuck him and limp bizkit up their stupid asses! (Plus with the millions he's made since im sure we're not keeping him awake at night)

I've met Fred on several occasions, being a Limp Bizkit superfan. I worked on the official LB website as a teenager and got to know the band on the official chat. I exchanged AOL/MSN with Fred and Wes and found them both to be great guys. They were HUGE at the time and made themselves extremely accessible to fans, always on the official chat and putting on free shows and shit at that time (1999-2001).

When I met Fred, I told him who I was, hoping he'd remember me but doubting it. Surprisingly he did and I spoke to him for a good half-hour. He told me how much he loves Scotland, having played here when the band first started out and remembering the fires in the crowd and how racous our metal community is. He also told me he'd attended a Hearts-Hibs game that was "dope" (it finished 4-4). He just seemed like a very down-to-earth, decent guy.

I've got Fred Durst and Sam Rivers on Xbox Live as well. This further re-affirms my belief that Durst is a decent guy. He's shit at videogames though. He told me the other day he's called his dog Halo, after the game. Sad fucker.

I've met Jordan, did the security as a one-off a few years ago at a Superdrug in Glasgow where she was shilling her new perfume. She's tiny. Also an absolute fucking tramp, every second word out of her mouth is fucking this, fucking that.

I met Eminem in 2000 at Cube nightclub. Can't really gauge how much of a nice guy he was. I only got a couple of minutes of talking to him before he got mobbed.

Met three darts players who have been on TV.

Robbie Green - He's actually a member of a darts forum I went on at the time, which was last February, so it was already suspected he was a nice bloke, and he did nothing to change that opinion.

Robert Thornton - He was up for the Scottish Open to watch some mates. He was laid back as hell, outside with a couple of guys having a smoke. I liked him.

Martin Adams - Seemed a bit off. Although the guy looked fucking shattered so fair play.

Others ...

Tim DeLaughter - Was at the bar at Gig on the Green 2002 when I was there. I was a bit drunk and decided to get into conversation with him, seeing as they had a cracking set earlier that day. He was a nice bloke. There were other members of the band who didn't look chuffed though.

Gavin Hastings - Met him in Australia when Scotland were playing New South Wales. We took a humping. Scotland actually had an impressive crowd with them. Anyways, my memory of that particular meeting is hazy, but I got a photo with him and he seemed like a nice guy.

Chris Hero - Another one where famous is being kind. I was a big fan though, and he was pleasant enough.

Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden frontman. Met him at a metal pub is Kingston in 2002. He was nice, but didn't really have alot of time to talk as so many people wanted to meet him.

I've met Bruce aswell. Incidently I could've met him a month or so prior as we walked past him at a Megadeth gig and said to each other "that guy looks a lot like Bruce Dickinson", didn't realise it actually was him. But Iron Maiden have done trips in the past where they took a load of fans to a random country to the show there and Bruce flew the plane. I went to the first one in Reykjavik, Iceland. He's a very nice bloke, got to talk to him a lot throughout the day and there's even a picture of me and him walking through Iceland airport having a chat. I always remember falling aswell on the way home and being woken up with a "wake up sunshine" from him to give me some Iron Maiden slippers that they got for everyone on the plane. Drummer Nicko McBrain and legendary manager Rod Smallwood were also on the trip and all thoroughly nice blokes.

James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo - This was a fanclub meet and greet, we had plenty of time to chat and they were all very talkative, down to earth and just top guys. Metallica have been my favourite band all my life and it was really nice to find out they're great guys too. It was especially interesting meeting Hetfield now compared to how it might have been 15 or so years ago. Can't say enough nice things about these guys.

Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Dave Kushner - Slash and Dave were rather quiet, although Dave seemed a little uncomfortable as he was "the other guy", still nice enough. Slash was very humble and very genuine when I thanked him for the inspiration to pick up a guitar. Duff and Matt we're very talkative and we had a big converstation about how to get a train from London to Brighton for some reason.

Stephen Lynch - American musical comedian you may have seen on YouTube if you don't know him. Me and my mate paid a lot of money to get tickets off ebay to his first gig over here (completetly missed tickets going on sale) and we waited to talk to him after the show. He was very happy to chat to us and couldn't beleive we'd paid over 5 times asking price for a ticket. Chatted for about 20 minutes and we only left because there were other people waiting to talk to him. We actually missed our last train home aswell and spent the night at Victoria bus station.

Thats just a few people I've met, I haven't got time to go through others right now as I'm about to go out. I've never met anyone thats been rude to me or anything, I'm always very respectful and polite if I go up to someone and I make sure I'm not an inconvenience to them, or try to anyway.

• Moderators
Not had that many encounters to be honest. Met a whole shedload of Welsh 'celebs' but you probably won't know them unless you watch Pobol y Cwm!

Fuck me, I saw half the cast in Bala for the National this year. Unfortunately I didn't see Gareth Lewis there, or he could have signed my Meic Pierce mug that was in my brothers van.

• Paid Members

The best I can do is meeting John Collins when I was young at a fashion show my mum was doing with her Uni course. He came across like a cunt.

I also walked past Robin Ince when I was down the High Street. He was doing the whole "I'm on my mobile, so nobody bother me" thing. I wouldn't have anyway as I only know of him thanks to Ricky Gervais bullying him.

I walked past our current Scottish leader when I was in Edinburgh a few years ago. Who really wants to chat to a Scottish politician though?

Yeah, that's my brush with fame. Amazing!

• Paid Members
The best I can do is meeting John Collins when I was young at a fashion show my mum was doing with her Uni course. He came across like a cunt.

John Collins wasn't too nice when i met him either.

To be fair it was just after he joined Hibs and was rumoured to have taken his shirt off in the dressing room to show off his six-pack and told the players "THIS is what you aspire to". Us flexing and posing in front of him didn't even raise a smile. :(

• 3 months later...
Anyone remember the group Boom! from about 2001? Didn't think so, they only had one single, got to number 11. Anyway the girl in the group called Rachel went to school with my mate Dave and she had an audition for the band and needed a song which I had so I lent it to her she used it and got in the band. So I met her a few times before she was "famous".

Sorry to drag this thread back up, but just realised who this girl is who I met several times 9 years ago...

From Boom! to Boom Pow!

Apparently she did it for about a month then gave it up. Still lives in Florida though, doing modelling and such.

Edited by The Dart