Have you ever met anyone famous?

Today, it'll be Stephen Frears (who I've met before and is a miserable bastard) and Dominic Cooper.

I've met/interviewed Cooper a bunch of times and he's actually friends with an old work colleague. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to remind Cooper that the last time I met him he was laughing so much in the interview, he fell off his chair...

EDIT: I didn't in the end, but as he came over he did say "You look familiar; have we met before?"

Edited by Gwailofilms

• 3 weeks later...

My hairdresser was saying that Ant and Dec are a couple of rude pricks. A mate of hers got on that ITV gameshow they did a little while ago (don't remeber what the hell it was called) where at the beginning they surprise you at your house by visiting you to tell you that you're on the show. After they were done filming in her house, her mate offered them a coffee. They accepted, but then took them outside and sat in the van drinking them while the production crew were packing the gear away! They then sent the sound guy back to the front door with the empty mugs when they were done! Most rude! They also wouldn't sign any autographs.

From the Lost thread:-

I met Juliet and Boone yesterday. EDIT: June 3rd

Juliet, who is tall, beautiful and nowhere near as bug-eyed in real life, flirted with me while I waited to attach her microphone and I saw Boone's arse when he mooned his Vampire Diaries co-star to distract her in the middle of an interview.

Fun day.

If any of you are into V and Vampire Diaries, I spent the day with the main cast of both shows and they were all awesome. The Gossip Girl twosome less so.

Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Dave Kushner - Slash and Dave were rather quiet, although Dave seemed a little uncomfortable as he was "the other guy", still nice enough. Slash was very humble and very genuine when I thanked him for the inspiration to pick up a guitar. Duff and Matt we're very talkative and we had a big converstation about how to get a train from London to Brighton for some reason.

Similarly, Duff & myself ended up having a 5 minute conversation after he asked me what the best route is to get from Newcastle to Glasgow and how long it would take. Top guy & very endearing, as with the rest of the band really.

Anyway, I've also met:

Scott Weiland - Bumped into him waking around Newcastle with his tech guy. Very quiet but stopped for a picture.

Dan Hawkins, Richie Edwards, Ed Graham (Stone Gods, formerly The Darkness) & Toby MacFarlaine - Went out drinking with them on their first Stone Gods tour, all very nice guys. Ed was a lightweight though and got lost for about 30mins whilst going to the toilet, very drunk but very eager to buy us drinks. Dan was awesome - he wasn't bothered about me asking him tons of questions on how I could improve as a guitarist, although his Geordie impression sounded like a cross between Chinese & Scottish.

Justin Hawkins - He did a guest lecture at my college and afterwards me & my mate managed to take him to one of the rehearsal rooms and we jammed for about 20 mins. Great guy, alot of undeserved flack.

Jimmy Carr - Met him 4 or 5 times now, always a nice guy and always makes you laugh whilst meeting him. Admired my "ink" and asked if I liked the music he had chosen to come on stage to "Audioslave".

Ally McCoist - Randomly spotted him coming out of the Stadium of Light after a Sunderland match afew years ago, joked to him about whether anythings happened with the sexual tension between him & Sue Barker to which he jokingly responded "Oh don't you start".

Met alot of the UFC guys at UFC 105 back in November such as - GSP, Dana White, Ross Pearson, Mike Swick, Arianny Celeste, Bruce Buffer and more. All were fantastic to meet and very friendly, Dana White even upgraded our tickets for better seats for free. And Arianny is even better in person, very small though.

B.G James/Road Dogg - I was kind of his P.A for the day when he did a show in Newcastle afew years back. Very nice guy, happily answered any wrestling questions I had. One quote I remember after someone asked what Chyna was like, "Oh Chyna was great, a lovely girl, well until the Crystal Meth kicked in".

Matt Striker - Very nice guy tbh. Happy to stick around to talk to, sign and take pictures with fans.

Juliette Lewis - Incredibly nice and hot as hell.

Theres alot more but those stick out.

• 2 weeks later...

A place that I used to work at had a talk show from the the roof of the building and I got to meet Ford Kiernan and Greg Hemphill (Still Game) who were nice and friendly and told me a joke. Engelbert Humperdinck was on the talk show one day and I didn't get to meet him but was told that he was drunk and had a piss from the roof onto the street below.

Also meet Ally McCoist who was fun as he took the banter well and Neil Lennon who was a class act.

• Paid Members

In the last few days in London I saw David from Big Brother 2009 at Russel Square, and Super Hans off Peep Show in Victoria Station. I'm not one to run up to people or get autographs, but I did awkwardly stare at Super Hans and when he stared back with his massive crack head eyes I bricked it and looked away. He looks like a psycho.

• Paid Members
Yesterday I met Miley Cyrus, Rihanna and Justin Bieber. All 3 in a hurry so didn't manage to get a pic with any of them, Rihanna was the nicest.

Met and got a picture with Nick Jonas today, really nice guy, took a picture with every fan, at least 30 people.

:confused: explain please (and your explanation had better involve being a 9 year old girl)

Yesterday I met Miley Cyrus, Rihanna and Justin Bieber. All 3 in a hurry so didn't manage to get a pic with any of them, Rihanna was the nicest.

Met and got a picture with Nick Jonas today, really nice guy, took a picture with every fan, at least 30 people.

:confused: explain please (and your explanation had better involve being a 9 year old girl)

I have the Cyrus Virus, Bieber Fever and Obsessive Jonas Disorder (OJD). I saw Rihanna because my friends wanted too, not really that into her. Good enough explanation?