Have you ever met anyone famous?

• Paid Members
Not totally the point of the topic but I will hopefully be meeting Michael Jackson in september, this is how close I'll be living to him in 5 months time.

23vkg2d.jpg

:/

:laugh: :laugh:

• Paid Members
In 2002, Timmy Mallett forced West Ham United Football Club to stop selling copies of their mascot, Herbie the Hammer, in their club shop after he complained that it looked too similar to Pinky Punky. West Ham United called the matter "trivial".

Couldnt a few West Ham fans have just given Mallet a good kicking. Nothing to do with them selling hammers. Just a random beating because he's such a tosser.

George Best, dead

I bet he didn't smell to good.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Greg James is a friend of a friend who I've met a couple of times before he became a Radio 1 DJ. He's pretty affable as you'd expect, and seems a lot like I remember him on the radio.

In my first year of university, I also found an injured Ricky Wilson by the roadside in Leeds as he'd been hit-and-run. He'd hurt his foot quite bad. As much as I dislike the man, I politely waited with him for an ambulance to come as he kept droning on about wanting to go home and watch Phone Booth... :bored:

Vic Reeves and his missus come in my shop quite frequently. He's polite enough but very quiet and reserved and only speaks to anyone if he needs help with something, his wife does all the paying and chatting to the staff at the counter. Seems a nice enough chap though.

Had Barry McGuigan in the other day too, again quite quiet and polite, but a slightly surly edge to him. Don't think anything was meant by it, just his demeanour.

Toyah Wilcox did panto round here a couple of years back. She's tiny, and friendly, and I still would...

This year's panto here has both Ade Edmondson and George Takei in so I'm keeping everything crossed that they'll both be either buying shit from me or drinking in my local.

I once met (well kind of) johnny vegas once at runcorn train station whilst he was having a fag waiting for his (no ex) wife. I said "what shall i say to him", quickly rolled down the window and shouted.....

....."hey johnny, allright?"

"yeah thanks"

"What you doing here?"

"picking up the missus"

"cool see you later johnny!"

.......and drove away. Shocking, i get incredibally star struck all the time when i see slightly famous people.

I walked past someone who looked alot like Heather Mills today. Taking into account it was in a court, I thought it very well could have been, so I ashamedly looked behind for a false leg. :(

:yinyang: I would've done the exact same thing, or "accidentally" kicked her leg to see if she'd reacted

Met Velvet Sky and Angelina Love (I worked with Love's uncle) at No Surrender last year. I didn't get to chat with Velvet much because she was very busy with other people giving autographs but Angelina was extremely nice and really pretty in person. Both of them signed my paper.

134.jpg

• 5 months later...