What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

What's up with the new Family Guy episodes? They've got a new style to them. The animation's improved and but there seems to be more of an emphasis on the story. The problem is the stories are as weak as ever. They've had Lois as a boxer, a spooky house mystery episode and the most generic Christmas story ever.

South Park is poop as well. 3 Coon episodes? Fuck off.

family guys episodes are in hd now like the simpsons are, ive actually enjoyed the new series so far and the second half of south park wasnt that bad though the coon and friends story did drag on a bit

• Paid Members
It's been very good, but I preferred season 1.

Absolutely. Season two had some great, but some average episodes. Season 1 was pretty flawless.

I've only watched each of the season 2 episodes once though, I'll have a marathon of both seasons over christmas. It'll be excellent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone watching Britain's Fattest Man? Laughing at fat people never gets old - until you find it costs 100 grand a year to care for this porky bastard. He looks like that thing from the end of Akira.

• Paid Members
Anyone watching Britain's Fattest Man? Laughing at fat people never gets old - until you find it costs 100 grand a year to care for this porky bastard. He looks like that thing from the end of Akira.

It annoys me every time the advert for it comes on and tells us how much he's costing to keep alive. He looks like he's one more sausage roll from bursting, just let him get on with it.

Gonna go out on a limb and admit to my liking of "Real Housewives of New Jersey". It's in the line of American "reality" TV bollocks that I usually wouldn't even think twice about, but the second season has recently finished here and I have to admit that I love it.

Series 2 of Pineapple Dance Studios (Now called Louie Spence's Showbusiness) which looks to be just as good as the first series. That Andrew Stone's a bit of a weird one though. Still.

I'm working my way through 30 Rock. I'm about halfway through season two, and I'm finding it's really hitting its stride and making me laugh. The episode where Alec Baldwin was impersonating a black family and Mexican neighbour in the therapy session absolutely cracked me up. It seems to be getting more surreal and silly as well, like an American equivalent of Graham Linehan's stuff.

• Paid Members
This season has been absolutely brilliant, and has produced one of the funniest characters in Aaron I think i've ever seen. If you like the kind of humour that is!

You don't even need to watch the show to appreciate how funny it actually is

Oh man, the truest post ever. The first time I saw the scene where he's bothering the guy in the stands at the baseball, I had to run it back three times. Who knew Deep Roy had that in him?

It's so funny that McBride is obviously corpsing, which leads to the guy getting beer poured on him laughing too.

Here it is isolated and better quality:

Just finished up on Season 2, its amazing. So many great lines...

"Remember there's no 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in cunt, so don't be a jealous cunt...."

• Paid Members
I'm working my way through 30 Rock. I'm about halfway through season two, and I'm finding it's really hitting its stride and making me laugh. The episode where Alec Baldwin was impersonating a black family and Mexican neighbour in the therapy session absolutely cracked me up. It seems to be getting more surreal and silly as well, like an American equivalent of Graham Linehan's stuff.

I'm hooked on it too, I got season 3 for Christmas and burned through it in about 4 days. It's just so easy to watch.

• Moderators

I've just watched both seasons of Bored to Death. Jason Schwartzman is a struggling writer who moonlights as a Private Detective, Zack Galifinakis is his best mate who draws comic books and Ted Danson is the editor at a magazine he writes for and something of a father figure. They all three smoke a lot of weed and drink heavily, and get into various misadventures.

This show is really good. I watched it on a recommendation - I found the first few episodes a bit shaky but stuck with it as a result. It was worth it; it really gets going. Ted Danson in particular is fantastic.

Oh yeah, obviously it's a sitcom not a drama, in case you didn't pick that up from the premise.

Started watching Boardwalk Empire recently also. Only seen a few episodes so far but this shows a lot of promise. Set in Atlantic City during prohibition, Steve Buscemi plays a crooked politician that's also smuggling booze - it's based on a real historical figure, but I'm not sure how true to reality it is. Shaping up to be a top notch drama, and it's nice to see Buscemi finally get a lead role in something. Some great characters in the supporting cast as well, including Brit actor Stephen Graham as Al Capone.

Finally, I've been introduce to Community. A sitcom about a study group at a Community College, featuring Chevy Chase. The premise is just a loose vehicle though and each episode tends to be a clever parody of one or more movies or tv shows. I caught an episode on TV that had Jack Black in it, so naturally I didn't enjoy it that much because he's a cunt. Anyway, my friends started watching the show based on a recommendation and pushed it heavily to me, so I gave it another shot. I'm glad I did, because I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gonna go out on a limb and admit to my liking of "Real Housewives of New Jersey". It's in the line of American "reality" TV bollocks that I usually wouldn't even think twice about, but the second season has recently finished here and I have to admit that I love it.

Series 2 of Pineapple Dance Studios (Now called Louie Spence's Showbusiness) which looks to be just as good as the first series. That Andrew Stone's a bit of a weird one though. Still.

I love that programme, bloody hilarious, Louie has got no shame :p Andrew Stone is so deluded, he's so cringey and amazingly so much like David Van Day. Oh yeah and doesn't realise girls don't fancy him because they think he's gay lol

I missed the recent series of Eastbound and Down, just remembered seeing 1st one set in Mexico, must have been just before panto season kicked off, I didn't series link it doh!

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Has anyone seen Justified?, I caught a glimpse of it on FiveUSA a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the main man Walton Goggins is in it, so I'm thinking of giving it a blast. Any good?.

Cleetus, it's great. Timothy Olyphant is really good in it, probably even better than in Deadwood. Essentially, every episode he ends up blowing some motherfucker away, and being totally cool whilst he does. There are some cool antagonists too, particularly your man Walton Goggins, but also M.C Gainey as his badass dad (Swamp Thing from Con Air).

You'll love it.